Reflections of My Life

One of my newest tools (or gadgets) is the Presto Stuffler. I am learning to make keto stuffles. Instead of almond flour (or other nut flours) I am using pork rind crumbs. This cuts the carbs by quite a bit. The stuffler makes a top and bottom waffle and you put some kind of stuffing in the middle. There are a lot of recipes online and not all keto/low carbs. The first one I made I put Canadian bacon and cheese in the middle. Came out good. It is like a sealed sandwich. They can be sweet or savory. It is all up to you. My keto fb groups are going crazy developing new recipes.

best.JPG

Today, I have begun a new period of my life. I don't feel any different. At one today I will officially be seventy years old. What does it mean? Well, my mother only made it to 78 but she had a crippling disease for over twenty years so she was lucky to have made it that far. My grandmother only made it to 79, but she was diabetic. My other grandmother was only 62. I feel my Daddy moved the bar for my brother and I much farther......he lived to be 93. So I expect to be around for awhile.

kathy_smiling.jpg

Have a 24 Carrot Birthday, Kat!🥕
iu

This summer is going to be taken up with me getting a number of things taken care of. I honestly hate to travel anywhere during the winter. Making appointments for things usually mean I am stressed out due to the weather. I hate being in a car on the road in the snow or ice. I wish I could have changed doctors to an office here where I live but the doctors here cannot see anyone new till December. So I didn't make that change.

Monday I have to go back to the dentist and then back for the oral surgeon consult on July 8th. That will be when the plan for having my teeth extracted will be put together. I have my husband to thank for this and I think about it often. Not being able to get any dental or medical care since 1999 really hurt me. Yet he could drive a big fancy truck and two Harleys. I didn't even have a vehicle myself. So glad I left.

Didn't mean to stray from what I was writing about. My dental issue. I want to get it done and over with before fall. So hopefully I will be able to arrange it all when I talk to the dental surgeon. My insurance sent me the approval and I see they will also cover dentures too. So hopefully............I will be able to smile again.

This week I need to make an appointment with an eye doctor. I was putting it off because I wanted to get the dental business set. Guess I will try for an appointment not too far off in the future. The last time I had to pay for it myself. This time I have a new insurance that covers all of it. In fact, they are going to be sending a nurse to evaluate me and my living conditions.The lady I talked to (my welcome call) really wanted to sign me up for an aide. I told her my experience with them. She said they can use a different agency than RCIL and screen the one I get. I said, "Just teach her how to clean and go to work every day on time!"

Looking forward to going to breakfast with Sonny today. Breakfast is the easiest meal to order if you eat keto food only. I need to find out if this place, The Spot, makes omelets and scrambled eggs with eggs only. If they add pancake batter to the eggs then I cannot eat them. Many restaurants do that now. If they do, I will order fried or poached eggs. I might order poached anyway. So I already know what I will order, 2 or 3 (depends on how hungry I am) eggs, an order of bacon and a beef patty with cheese. That will keep me all day.

I have raspberry cheesecake ice cream for later today. I try to eat supper around 3 or 4 but today it will probably be later. Keto Chow ice cream for supper is something to look forward to. I have gotten the hang of the Ninja Creami now. It is very loud and sounds like a power saw or something. Rabbit does not even wake up for it anymore. I think he says, "It's her again. Nothing to run and hide from."

My plans did not work out so well. I think Sonny has a broken rib. He got hit Friday night at the go-kart race during the kids race (Yes, children do this too). He is the flagman on the 3rd turn. We did not go to the restaurant we were planning. Went to the Chinese buffet instead. And he had a hard time but was trying hard to have a good time for me. He took me to Walmart and stayed in the car. After he dropped me off he took a rotisserie chicken to my son and then went to the ER. It has been a long time and I have not heard yet what is happening.

Today, I have begun a new period of my life. I don't feel any different. At one today I will officially be seventy years old. What does it mean? Well, my mother only made it to 78 but she had a crippling disease for over twenty years so she was lucky to have made it that far. My grandmother only made it to 79, but she was diabetic. My other grandmother was only 62. I feel my Daddy moved the bar for my brother and I much farther......he lived to be 93. So I expect to be around for awhile.

View attachment 226494
Happy Belated Birthday katlupe!
Hope you had a wonderful day..

will be waiting to hear that he's going to be okay....scary
Turned out Sonny has bruised ribs, spleen and lungs. They gave him medicine for pain. That and rest is about all they can do for him. So the resting part is up to him. He has to drive me to Binghamton today for my dental appointment and insists he can and will do it. So I will see him later and see how he really is. At least driving is all he has to do.

Last edited:
It has been so hot here this week. I ventured out on Friday (my birthday) and took pictures along the street. But the rest of the time I have been staying inside except for going to the dumpster. Just too hot for me. Yesterday it was 85 here and I had to go with Sonny. No matter how hot it is he will always go out in it to do whatever he has planned. I am not like that. I try not to go anywhere. But I have things I am working on and have to do them in the summer and fall. Appointments. I would rather go out in the heat then have to ride in a car on snowy, icy roads. I can't tell you how many appointments I have had to cancel due to waking up to a snowy day. Sometimes it will be decent weather except for the day I have to go somewhere.

I really want to walk every day for exercise but after the walk I took Friday my knees have been very painful. Not sure if it would be better to keep doing it or wait till they are not so painful. I have been working on my routine for my arms and shoulders. Using light dumbbells. After I get it down I will get some heavier ones. I used to have a home gym in my home and belonged to a health club. Always used free weights.

One of my friends does not have or want air conditioning. She has a portable one that she is trying to sell. She said she does not want it and just uses a couple of fans. Yesterday, I saw her sitting outside in the shade of our building. I know she said her doctor told her to be outside in the sunshine for at least an hour every day and she usually does that. I would like to try to do that also but I don't know if I can stand it when it is so hot. Unless I go out in the morning. My friend must be always cold because I usually see her wearing long sleeves (not yesterday though). I am hot all the time but I have ways of keeping cool.

Kat,, have you looked into a light knee braces for your knees?

My husband started out with them but now uses a much heavier one.
It has what appears to be a doughnut shape where your knee cap is,, rest is stronger elastic above & below the knee.

He saw an internet ad,, had me order two for him. ( I think you might find them at Walmart or a pharmacy.)
At first he wasn't pleased with them.

One day the chain saw slipped & cut into the upper part of the brace,, saved his leg!

He has been to ortho doctor,, got a shot in his knee.
Dr. told him you close to being bone on bone with that knee.:(

I would normally be asleep by now. But there is a bug on the ceiling above me and I can't reach it with anything. My ceiling is pretty high. He has not moved since I started watching him. I don't dare turn off the light. Ugh...........why did this have to happen tonight?

Back