Reflections of My Life

I drove "Jazzy" to the store this morning. Not too hot and felt good. Lots of people out since it is Friday and the Chenango County fair is still going on until Sunday. Sonny is going Sunday to see the demolition derby (of course). I did find Rabbit some pretty good blueberries (which I spilled the first container all over the floor in the produce section!) and decent Spring Mix. Also a couple more bananas. Hard to keep those things for very long and he cannot have big pieces no matter what he says!

grand_union0.JPG

I finally did master a cold coffee drink. It is coconut coffee. I used coconut milk that comes in a can. Some heavy cream to make it creamy but not a lot. Heavy cream does have carbs so I am careful with it. Torani sugar free coconut syrup, a bit of coconut extract and ice cubes. I let it sit it overnight in the refrigerator before I add the ice cubes. It is good and 6.9 total carbs or 4.6 net carbs. Blend it in a blender if you make it.

coconut_coffee.JPG

Yesterday, Sonny went to the demolition derby at the fair. So when they had an intermission he went to Walmart and picked up spring mix for Rabbit and Burger King for himself and came here. He said the food at the fair was too expensive and he'd rather have BK anyway. So he was here for a little while. My case of Zevia had been delivered and was downstairs on top of the mailboxes. I could not get it off so we went downstairs and he got it for me. Walkers are so handy when having to transport heavy items!

Sometimes I get depressed, not depressed like people who suffer from depression, but just kind of down. Then when I go outside and stay outside for awhile I get out of that mood. I used to do that at my house, but of course I had the whole forest and horses' paddock to go out to. It is very different living in a city where you do not have a private yard. I am thinking of taking my journal (notebook) out with me and writing while I sit in the park. I can't read on my Kindle outside due to the light so this would probably be a better idea.

Even though I spent so much money on Jazzy's batteries, I find I am using the walker more when I go out. That is due to I need the exercise. Holding on to a walker when you walk still counts as exercise. I do not hang on for dear life. I keep my head and shoulders up. I look straight ahead......not at my feet. Looking where you are going is important. I use Jazzy when I go to the store or anywhere further than a block or two.

Kat... I always have my Journal/Notebook/Diary.. whatever we want to call it with me when I go out... it stays in my bag at all times....so when I'm out and stop for a rest.. a coffee or even a bar.. I get the diary out and write it up... it means I get everything down while it's still fresh in my mind for that day or the previous days' events.

I heartily encourage you to take it out with you when you take a walk over to the park...

It has become so weird living here without a real manager. And now without our maintenance man. He was in some sort of an accident but no word so far what kind or where or how bad. I pray he is okay. He is a nice guy. It felt like he was the manager the last few months and now nobody. Somebody does come to pick up the rents and to recertify everyone, of course. There are two apartments next to me that are empty now and he was working on them but now they are just empty. So they won't be rented for awhile.

The maintenance man was also in the process of remodeling my friend's bathtub so she could use it. The old manager had hidden all her paperwork for a "reasonable accommodation" when she was here. After she left they found the paperwork but my friend had to start the paperwork for it all over again because it was past the 90 days. Now if they don't get it in she will have to do the paperwork again if it goes past the 90 days. The doctor has had to do her paperwork on it twice already! So wonder when she will be able to take a shower on her own again? Has been very stressful for her.

I love animals, I really do. But my neighbor has two dogs and one of them has been peeing on the carpet in the hall outside of his apartment. I think it is due to some health issue the dog has, though it does not seem to be that old. Or he does not take it out as often as he should. There is a big spot in front of his door and I have seen wet spots leading to the elevator. Without the maintenance man here it is very obvious. Someone just asked me about it yesterday. I can't smell it but of course, I have not been that close to his door. This is the type of thing that could lead to a no pet policy.

That is one thing about having a bunny for a pet.........no smell. Even in his cage. I clean it every day and he wants me to do it. He acts happy when he jumps into a clean cage. When I first moved here, someone asked my friend if it smelled in my apartment due to me having a rabbit in there. She told me about it but did not mention who asked and I did not care. I suppose the worst thing would be hay on the floor. I bought my own rugs and put them over the carpeting (which was ugly) so if he did ruin something it would be mine. But no, he has not done any harm at all.

Everything in life comes with a challenge and a price. Kat, you have lived in your own space and now this. You may have had challenges there, hence you moved here. A time will come when i have to make a decision just like yours. Wondering.......should i keep on...wondering, i could be running out of time....

Everything in life comes with a challenge and a price. Kat, you have lived in your own space and now this. You may have had challenges there, hence you moved here. A time will come when i have to make a decision just like yours. Wondering.......should i keep on...wondering, i could be running out of time....
I am thankful I was able to make the decision to move here even though at the time I wasn't sure of whether it was the right thing for me to do or not. I wrote out a list of the pros and cons and then kept looking at them. Yes, it was the right thing for me to do.

I hope you are not running out of time. Maybe you need to figure out what you need to do and when.

My situation is rather complicated. I will have to take the time to figure out what needs to be done.

Although i am not here often, i do take the time to read n your posts are very realistic n informing. Have a good day, Kat.

Today is one of those days when I would rather sit in my recliner and color and watch movies. But I am going to play Bingo downstairs and I know they are looking forward to me being there (Nice feeling that people look forward to you being somewhere!). I sat a few minutes with my feet up and now will go clean the bunny cage.

I think I got tired out because after I mopped the bathroom floor I had to go downstairs to get a package that FedX delivered. Trouble is they put it at the bottom of the stairs at the front door. The lobby stairs are VERY steep and scary. A lot of them but it is not like the stairs at the end of the halls. Anyway, I went down it and back up. Had to go backwards down the stairs, of course. Glad the box was light. Walmart order. I gave them a poor feedback on the delivery. One more package is due to be delivered but not here yet.

When I get done with Bingo I have a treat to look forward to........Black Licorice ice cream in the creami!

How come Backwards if you mind sharing? That would darn
sure stop me.....don
It hurts less and I can go down stairs backwards much easier. I saw my FIL used to do this and then when I started having trouble with stairs I tried it and it works. I can walk backwards much easier then forward. I think it has something to do with the way knees are made.

My biggest worry and concern has been (my whole adult life) and continues to be my son. He turned 52 this year, but actually is way less than that in brain years. Even though when he was younger I had much testing done on him it was never apparent that possibly he was "developmentally disabled" or anything with a name. Other than "learning disabled" which is what his school called him.

As I have told on here many times, he lives nearby in his own apartment. There is no way he could live in a group home. So when he has a problem I have a problem. The last couple of days he has not been able to find his keys. One goes to his door and the other goes to the outside door to get inside the building. He has always worn them on a chain around his neck and now has lost them. He thinks he lost them inside his apartment and has looked for a few days everywhere.

Yesterday he needed food because he was not leaving his apartment. He left to come here and got food (I had bought it for him with his money) and hurried to go back because he left the doors unlocked. By the time he got back the outside door was locked. Sonny called his landlord for me and the landlord was going to call him back but never did. So I ended up with a house guest overnight.

We are never together this long anymore and it is strange but I am at loss at what to talk about with him. He is so much into talking to ghosts and spirits that it seems he is distracted when I do talk to him. Luckily, I have been sleeping in my recliner lately so I fixed my bed for him and he went to sleep. Still sleeping.

My biggest worry and concern has been (my whole adult life) and continues to be my son. He turned 52 this year, but actually is way less than that in brain years. Even though when he was younger I had much testing done on him it was never apparent that possibly he was "developmentally disabled" or anything with a name. Other than "learning disabled" which is what his school called him.

As I have told on here many times, he lives nearby in his own apartment. There is no way he could live in a group home. So when he has a problem I have a problem. The last couple of days he has not been able to find his keys. One goes to his door and the other goes to the outside door to get inside the building. He has always worn them on a chain around his neck and now has lost them. He thinks he lost them inside his apartment and has looked for a few days everywhere.

Yesterday he needed food because he was not leaving his apartment. He left to come here and got food (I had bought it for him with his money) and hurried to go back because he left the doors unlocked. By the time he got back the outside door was locked. Sonny called his landlord for me and the landlord was going to call him back but never did. So I ended up with a house guest overnight.

We are never together this long anymore and it is strange but I am at loss at what to talk about with him. He is so much into talking to ghosts and spirits that it seems he is distracted when I do talk to him. Luckily, I have been sleeping in my recliner lately so I fixed my bed for him and he went to sleep. Still sleeping.
I'm sorry your son lost his keys, Kat. Will you consider getting a set made for yourself? I guess it's natural to not have a lot to say when people don't spend much time together. Is he content with his life?

I'm sorry your son lost his keys, Kat. Will you consider getting a set made for yourself? I guess it's natural to not have a lot to say when people don't spend much time together. Is he content with his life?
I am having two sets made for myself and one for him. Not going to go through this again.

He is content with his life. But it is not because we don't spend a lot of time together that we didn't have anything to say to each other. It is because he only wants to talk to or about ghosts and spirits. If I try to talk about them to him because I have read a lot and seen a lot about them myself over the years, everything I know or say is not correct. So I do not discuss that with him.

I am glad I could offer him a place to stay last night that was safe.

Before this happened yesterday with Jeff, I had gotten myself stressed out over things I read in my 2 different scanner nerds groups. These groups are supposed to be about scanner calls, like emergency calls in Norwich. But since there is a large amount of homeless people (all of sudden, within the last few months really, in downtown Norwich, where I live) and this is all the people want to talk about. I have seen them. Yes, I know a lot of them are on drugs. In fact, I have witnessed a couple of drug deals taking place and the people doing it did not seem concerned about me at all. I am careful and aware at all times. I never leave my apartment after dark, not even to go outside my door.

These groups have been posting all types of hateful things about these people. Like throwing them in jail for being homeless or drug users. I am not happy they are there either but to show happiness when there is an OD call is heartless to say the least. Anyone could end up homeless due to their circumstance. I have no idea what can be done about drug users. That is beyond my knowledge. There was a big drug bust a number of blocks away yesterday.

I read the posts on their pages and it stressed me out thinking my son is living within a staircase of all these people. After him spending the night with me though, I have concluded that he has no contact with anyone at all, except the clerk in the two stores he shops at and his landlord. He does not take drugs because he did see his best friend die from them. He does not drink. Smokes tobacco. As much as I hate it, that is what he does. I am staying away from those groups for awhile. Maybe from fakebook all together. It just makes me mad when I go there after some stupid person makes a comment on something I post. I post a joke to Sonny and someone has to explain to me why it is wrong or something about it. Tired of those people too.

@katlupe ,, understand what you mean about some groups 'rehashing a subject over & over'.

I go to the sports forum to read about what is new with cars,, how the guys like or dislike a car or how it handles.
Then they start picking on someone which is supposed to be funny?

The other forum is mostly all ladies .
I go there to see what they are reading.
Some of them I've known from other forums that have fallen off the internet.
So I feel I 'know' them & read their posts.

@katlupe ,, understand what you mean about some groups 'rehashing a subject over & over'.

I go to the sports forum to read about what is new with cars,, how the guys like or dislike a car or how it handles.
Then they start picking on someone which is supposed to be funny?

The other forum is mostly all ladies .
I go there to see what they are reading.
Some of them I've known from other forums that have fallen off the internet.
So I feel I 'know' them & read their posts.
I see it can happen anywhere, even here. So I avoid any post that I don't agree with because I love it here and want to keep it my "happy place". We are all unique individuals and will never completely agree 100% with everyone. So I just let it be and everyone is free to their own opinion. I am not about to change their minds or argue.

Back