Reincarnation, You Select The Species

Damaged Goods

Discussion from another forum asked what do you want to be in the next life, excluding homo sapiens.

One selected the bristlecone pine tree because of its longevity, more than 5,000 yrs. of age for pinus longaeva.

Another chose eohippus, a forerunner of the horse, which is surprising given that it was extinct before man came along.

A plurality chose a lovable puppy dog in the belief that they would be readily adopted and pampered by a doting family. (I wouldn't bet the farm on that hope.)

I chose a baby orca safely protected by my family pod of killer whales, until I'm big 'n' bad enough to break away and start my own pod and rule the seas without fear from any other types of sea predators.

I didn't write this, but I found it among my papers. Gotta share it!

GOTTA BE A BEAR

In this life I'm a woman. In my next life, I'd like to come back as a bear. When you're a bear, you get to hibernate. You do nothing but sleep for six months. I could deal with that!

Before you hibernate, you're supposed to eat yourself stupid. I could deal with that too.

When you're a girl bear, you birth your children (who are the size of walnuts) while you're sleeping and wake to partially grown , cute, cuddly cubs. I could definitely deal with that!

If you're a Mama bear, everyone knows you mean business. You swat anyone who bothers your cubs. If your cubs get out of line, you swat them too. I could deal with that.

If you're a bear, your mate EXPECTS you to wake up growling. He EXPECTS you to have hairly legs and excess body fat!

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

In this life I'm a woman. In my next life, I'd like to come back as a bear. When you're a bear, you get to hibernate. You do nothing but sleep for six months. I could deal with that!

Unfortunately, the poor polar bear doesn't get to hibernate, except for females about to give birth. Polar bears do honker down for a few days during especially harsh blizzards, but otherwise they stay active. No wonder they're so cranky.

I want to come back as one of my wife's Bichons: great food, daily walks in the park, an abundance of love and cuddles, superior health insurance, and comfortable beds. I am no fool. I recognize great living when I see it.

Last edited:

Back