Retired and seeking information on next steps

Hello @Jeff_RN/Paramedic from fellow RN (still working for another 17 months or so) in SW GA! View attachment 175977
Well CinnamonSugar, you're almost there! That last year or so will just fly by and you'll be crying and saying you good-byes to all your comrades.....and in a few months you'll be back working prn & saying to yourself...."what the heck am I doing!!!":ROFLMAO:

Well CinnamonSugar, you're almost there! That last year or so will just fly by and you'll be crying and saying you good-byes to all your comrades.....and in a few months you'll be back working prn & saying to yourself...."what the heck am I doing!!!":ROFLMAO:
And they’d take me back on a New York Minute lol!

Howdy and Welcome from Texas Jeff & Leonora.

I just retired effective 1-Feb-21 this year, and ms gamboolgal and I bought us some fancy Lazy Boys (His & Hers) that we are enjoying.

We like taking Road Trips and avoid flying for the most part as we enjoy looking at and enjoying small town and rural America.

Retirement with the one you love is a wonderful time of life !

We're heading out to Austin for a week in the morning to see #1 Daughter who is a Paramedic there, and so I can scratch the Pokersszzzzz playing itch some.

Right after that we take a month Road Trip up to North Carolina and I will be playing in some Poker Tournaments up there in addition to enjoying the Mountains !

Please keep us posted on yawls RV Trips.

Howdy and Welcome from Texas Jeff & Leonora.

I just retired effective 1-Feb-21 this year, and ms gamboolgal and I bought us some fancy Lazy Boys (His & Hers) that we are enjoying.

We like taking Road Trips and avoid flying for the most part as we enjoy looking at and enjoying small town and rural America.

Retirement with the one you love is a wonderful time of life !

We're heading out to Austin for a week in the morning to see #1 Daughter who is a Paramedic there, and so I can scratch the Pokersszzzzz playing itch some.

Right after that we take a month Road Trip up to North Carolina and I will be playing in some Poker Tournaments up there in addition to enjoying the Mountains !

Please keep us posted on yawls RV Trips.
Wow. Sounds like you have a good plan worked out.
Have you ever heard of this place www.boondockerswelcome.com ?
A group of people from around the world that open up their property for people to stay at with their RV.
Check it put when you head out over the road. It may be something you could use.

Am late to this welcome party but that's better than never, I guess. So . . . .

welcome.jpg

Welcome to you Jeff ..... from Houston

Destin is such a beautiful place - have been there many times over the years.
It used to be a great place......many years ago.
Now it's just another tourist trap where people spend to much money in shops and too much time in traffic.
We have a country place in north Walton County that's much more relaxing.

Sorry to hear that. As soon as a place is too good to be true, investors come in and have to ruin it. 😿
... guess it happens everywhere.
It's the natural order of things I suppose.
40 years ago land right on the Gulf of Mexico.....beach front, was selling for $150/acre and no one wanted it.
Now, it runs thousands of dollars per square foot and everyone wants a piece.
Who new!

Hi Jeff & Lenora welcome glad you found us
You'll meet members from around the world here at SF
I retired 11 yrs ago,worked part time as a pharm tech at local hosptial,was there 27 yrs.My job was delivering narcotics to nursing units/speciality units It was a demanding job with alot of walking,bending,paper work, was 'burn out' no regrets taking early retirement
Enjoy your self here
Sue in Buffalo,NY

Hi Jeff & Lenora welcome glad you found us
You'll meet members from around the world here at SF
I retired 11 yrs ago,worked part time as a pharm tech at local hosptial,was there 27 yrs.My job was delivering narcotics to nursing units/speciality units It was a demanding job with alot of walking,bending,paper work, was 'burn out' no regrets taking early retirement
Enjoy your self here
Sue in Buffalo,NY
Thanks.......I think people like me were somewhat responsible for running you ragged. :oops:

Welcome to the forum Jeff & Leonora. How to fill your time? If you're anything like me you may find yourself spending a lot of time here. There are so many interesting posts and people. LOL :D You mentioned it being to hot to hang out in your motor home. Doesn't it have AC? I greatly admire those who are able to hit the road in their RVs. I found this site, read some of their stories and was so impressed by them and their site, which features budgets, how to find jobs on the road, their real time travel sites and more, that I sent an email and we communicated for a bit.
https://www.rv-dreams.com/about.html

I know you said you and your wife were very busy people so maybe you never had time to think about it...but are there any hobbies you always wanted to pursue?
photofunky.gif

Back