Roomba vacuum

Lc jones

Hi everyone I’d like the opinion of anyone who has used this Roomba vacuum before. My dogs hair is driving me crazy and I have to do something about it. I am sweeping every day and I’m getting too old for this! Has anybody used one of these automatic vacuum’s before? And what did you think of them? Are they worth the money? I’m looking forward to hearing y’alls thoughts about this.

My friend whose dog sheds a lot loved her Roomba. Loved in the past tense because she doesn't use it much these days due to her older dog's frequent UTIs that cause lots of pee accidents. Roomba will also go straight through a pile of poo and smear it everywhere. So its certainly something to use with supervision!

My friend whose dog sheds a lot loved her Roomba. Loved in the past tense because she doesn't use it much these days due to her older dog's frequent UTIs that cause lots of pee accidents. Roomba will also go straight through a pile of poo and smear it everywhere. So its certainly something to use with supervision!

Thanks for the tip it’s a good one!
Thankfully my dog he does not have poop or P accidents in the house! And she never has thank goodness, I guess that could change but right now I guess it wouldn’t be a bad idea. I might ask the family to get me one for a Christmas present

I have a Roomba and love it. It does fine on wall to wall carpeting. Obviously not designed for stairs. I don't have a dog or any other shedding animal, so can't answer that part of it.

I have a Roomba and love it. It does fine on wall to wall carpeting. Obviously not designed for stairs. I don't have a dog or any other shedding animal, so can't answer that part of it.
I have tile floors do you think it will work for that?

Tile, wood and carpet. Just turn it loose and it knows where to go. Ours has a remote control for certain maneuvers.
That is good to know is there a particular Roomba that I should think about purchasing I know there are different series or types.

I don't have one but my niece & her husband (in their 30's) do. I got a big kick out of it when I visited. It doesn't get everything it encounters but it goes over the same place repeatedly until it does.
I could see someone in a wheelchair or having health issues that make regular vacuuming too difficult needing one, but I think it's a bad idea for most of us. Why eliminate the only source of exercise most of us ever get? It's not so much exercise for weight loss; walking around helps circulation which is not as good as we age.

Last edited:
When my back got bad enough that I could not sweep and mop our small townhouse, I got a robot vacuum. We have a dog that sheds and a bird, fur/seeds/feathers. The entire house is tile. I love that thing!!!!! It gets in the grout lines, gets all the dog fur, goes under the beds and eats the dust bunnies.

The robot and a steam mop have made my life much easier.

We take the time to pick up chairs and whatever else will mess Hazel’s little mind, and she does a tremendous job grabbing the incredible amount of cat fur our long-hair generates. The part I don’t like is cleaning her after each go-round (the Roomba, not the cat).

Well I think they are awfully expensive. I fixed one for a friend. The batteries are rechargeable.

But I enjoyed it after I fixed it. They hardly use it.

Kind of nice just sitting there watching t.v. and it's roaming around doing its thing.

No pets here so I can't comment on hair.

I would look at those new cordless vacuums first.

I bought a roomba a few years back. While it worked, I loved it. It got into corners just fine, it had little bristle brushes that got into them and swept them out. You could set up the roomba to do the whole house at one go and then have it dock in it's home station. The only problem with them is they don't last. Mine only lasted about a year and a half to two years and then it just wouldn't go anymore. Problem with it's programming? I don't know. I just know I paid a lot of money ($300 +) for something that seemed like planned obsolescence. If they would come out with one that is guaranteed to last 5 years or longer, I would try another.

Hi everyone I’d like the opinion of anyone who has used this Roomba vacuum before. My dogs hair is driving me crazy and I have to do something about it. I am sweeping every day and I’m getting too old for this! Has anybody used one of these automatic vacuum’s before? And what did you think of them? Are they worth the money? I’m looking forward to hearing y’alls thoughts about this.
I don't have pets any more, but I use a Mielle Dog and Cat hair cylinder vacuum . because I have long hair , and it's brilliant at picking up hair because it's designed to pick up animal hair, and it works on carpet and tile. I know it's not automatic but it's the best for the job . Another thing I have is a silicone broom...that thing is fabulous for sweeping tiles and carpet, but especially on the hard floor it doesn't spread the dust or hair anywhere, it just gathers it all up all at once, and it's brilliant on the stairs. I find even if my stair carpet looks clean I can brush with the silicone rubber brush first and hidden hair or dust comes out like magic..and no dust flying into the air....

Simple, cheap and worth it...

I have this Beldray one...
311896-Beldray-Rubber-Head-Broom-4.jpg

..and the dustpan and brush...
413R0BzSm1L._SX425_.jpg

Back