Sad news to share

My prayers are with you and your family during this very hard time.
I know words are just words......but......just remember all of us are here for you with great support.
He joins the Angels, and will forever be in your memories, heart and soul.
Take care of yourself.

The longer time passes, the harder it is to share, but I wanted to let you know that our 19 year old grandson, Connor, passed away on May 25th. He, sadly, took his own life. Couldn’t wait to see what the next day would bring.

To do something like this so wasn’t our Connor. Whatever the reason (and I guess we will never really know the reason) his inner pain must have been deep and immediate.

Please do not feel you need to reply to this news. I just wanted you to know. We grieve and will miss his presence always, but he lives on in our hearts and love
Kathleen, just reading your sad news about Connor. My condolences to you and your family for your loss, may he rest peacefully.

blo012

I'm sorry for your loss, losing family this way is especially difficult. Someone in my family died the same way. I hope you are able to somehow, after grieving--although this last different amounts of time for each person--find some solace in the memories you have of him.

gSCjoNR.png

Kathleen, over the years we've had two suicides in our family. It's so confusing with such a sad feeling of loss. My thoughts are with you.

I have known of two suicides in my extended family, the most recent a cousin, leaving a wife and two young children behind, and my aunt wrote a very moving poem to sum up her grief and feelings of loss concerning her son she couldn't save. Can I echo the thoughts of so many other forum members at this very sad waste of life, that couldn't be prevented either, and mention that by the grace of god and by very good fortune, I was saved from the same fate.

Sorry to hear about your tragedy. It is not a good relection on our mad materialistic society that a young man sees no alternative to his life than to do away with it. There is so much in life to live for. To die at 19 makes no sense to those who are left behind.

Back