Science Fiction Movies

The Day of the Triffids was one of my favourites. Read the book first, then watched the film. Blakes 7 was one I enjoyed, even though the action scenes always seemed to be in a dis-used quarry...I recognised the plants (lots of buddliea).

The Day of the Triffids was good. If you ever see it again, look carefully and you'll see feet wearing sneakers peeking out from underneath some of the "Triffids" when they're moving across the field.

I'm a complete nut for movie "goofs". It's always fun catching them.

My all favorites are ''Gattaca" and ''Close Encounters of the Third Kind". I also liked the original "War of the Worlds" and "Day the World stood still" and ''It's Alive'' (dumb but fun). Another big favorite was "The Others'' with Nicole Kidman, but it was not a sci-fi but a very good ghost movie.

The Day of the Triffids was good. If you ever see it again, look carefully and you'll see feet wearing sneakers peeking out from underneath some of the "Triffids" when they're moving across the field.

I'm a complete nut for movie "goofs". It's always fun catching them.
IMDb is a good place to find out about ''goofs'', I'm always amazed at the sharp eyes of some of those posters. If you're good at it, you might want to post some of your observations.

Trade:
'Tremors" dumb movie, but I'm hooked. I make it a point to watch all of them. There have been at least four,,

The first Tremors was awesome IMO. But I didn't care much for the sequels.

Was the gun nut named Bert? He was a hoot, I liked him,

Burt Gummer.

Ya gotta love that guy!

Burt is "The Man!":)

Attachments

• 1658396_807725255936879_6279440477172732829_o.jpg
    1658396_807725255936879_6279440477172732829_o.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 1
I liked: H. G. Wells 'War of the Worlds'; The Day the Earth Stood Still; The Time Machine - I was young when I watched those 3 and they really made an impression. Blade Runner, 2001: A Space Odyssey (I watched this one over and over), Journey to the Center of the Earth, Close Encounters of the Third Kind (so good), Planet of the Apes (I loved Charlton Heston), On the Beach (completely scary), Soylent Green (unbelievable), The Matrix (I love Keanu Reeves), Westworld - another good one. I find some science fiction today not as good but Avatar comes close and am excited to see the next one.

Back