Second stimulus check?

Well that is harsh and judgemental. I have worked since I was 11.
I don’t think the comment was meant to be judgmental or harsh. I think different people define need in different ways. As in I need the check for food, IMO that’s a real need. Or I need the check for house repairs-as in my kitchen flooded, which it did.

Whereas, I need the check for a vacation-a vacation to many people is a want, not a need. Btw, my oldest son goes hiking and camping every weekend. I thought I had raised him right, motels and hotels, apparently i did not. 😁

I don’t think the comment was meant to be judgmental or harsh. I think different people define need in different ways. As in I need the check for food, IMO that’s a real need. Or I need the check for house repairs-as in my kitchen flooded, which it did.

Whereas, I need the check for a vacation-a vacation to many people is a want, not a need. Btw, my oldest son goes hiking and camping every weekend. I thought I had raised him right, motels and hotels, apparently i did not. 😁
As an opinion deciding what is a want vs. need is based on what an individual determines for themselves. You are right in your opinion that different people define need in different ways.
Without knowing the health & another poster the possible but un posted need to spend quality time with loved ones is as real as a need to repair a flooded kitchen. Since I don't know why people do what they do I prefer to think the best of them.

The coming of the stimulus check is supposed to be announced by this weekend that is the second stimulus check.
I don’t know why anyone in their right mind would want to camp. IMO you haven’t missed anything. We went a couple of times when the kids were young-as in mommy please can we stay in a tent overnight? Ok, fine.

First time we camped he put the tent in the wrong place and I made him move it which caused a huge fight. Later we saw that the first area he chose became overridden with a herd of very thirsty stampeding cows. I suppose that’s why no one else had their tents there. 🤦🏻‍♀️

The second time we camped, in a more well known place, next to other tents. There was a thunderstorm, the lighting hit close enough to smell the ozone from the strike. He thought our fear was funny. I did not.

Further camping trips occurred in the back yard, as in you wanted to camp-so go camp.

Of Our two children with the ability to go to college, our daughter did. They were told from the beginning of their lives we could not afford it and they must pay their own way. Besides doing so builds character. She has lots of character, 😂. She went and paid her student loans off quickly.

As I recall, I used my first money on house repairs. As the second round of checks, house repairs. I live in a money pit.
For us camping is I rented 2 cabins at Yogi Bear camping resort.Air conditiong television fishing and hay rides. I guess I am American royalty. My great grandparents came to the USA as indentured servant.

For us camping is I rented 2 cabins at Yogi Bear camping resort.Air conditiong television fishing and hay rides. I guess I am American royalty. My great grandparents came to the USA as indentured servant.
😂 I see. The above is my style of camping as well except for the hay ride. Hay is remarkably uncomfortable IMO.

Yeah, the tent thing was insane IMO. But I guess when you “camp” in a hole in the ground made by a mortar round in Vietnam, a tent is an improvement. I think my husband and son learned camping in the military. While I was in the army, we only went out once to set up the tents. It was a nightmare.

I love fishing, tv, air conditioning, and before my back went south horse back riding in Colorado.

I can’t get any further than 1795 with my oldest relative on dads side. He was born Maryland, if I remember right. But wouldn’t your indentured servant grandparent have been a great great? Guess it depends on your age.

😂 I see. The above is my style of camping as well except for the hay ride. Hay is remarkably uncomfortable IMO.

Yeah, the tent thing was insane IMO. But I guess when you “camp” in a hole in the ground made by a mortar round in Vietnam, a tent is an improvement. I think my husband and son learned camping in the military. While I was in the army, we only went out once to set up the tents. It was a nightmare.

I love fishing, tv, air conditioning, and before my back went south horse back riding in Colorado.

I can’t get any further than 1795 with my oldest relative on dads side. He was born Maryland, if I remember right. But wouldn’t your indentured servant grandparent have been a great great? Guess it depends on your age.
I am 57. Yes my great grandparents came from Lithuania and worked in the Scranton coal mines. My father God bless him fought in the Korean war to get money for college. My mother left home at 16 to get her RN school and hard work.The US military is a viable option to ensure a good life.

I am 57. Yes my great grandparents came from Lithuania and worked in the Scranton coal mines. My father God bless him fought in the Korean war to get money for college. My mother left home at 16 to get her RN school and hard work.The US military is a viable option to ensure a good life.
a few years ago i took a tour in to the scranton coal mines .... i couldn't believe how cold it was down below in the heat of summer

To continue off topic. In another thread someone asked where to go when they retired. America is the answer. this is a tiny fraction of what America has to offer.

We had friends visit from Puerto Rico. They got to video this walking THE MARION 7800 & later operating. Getting the chance to stand in the bucket before it began dragging then watching it dump into a uke. Not many get to see this up close & personal.

THE MARION 7800 working

Another day we went to Ashland to ride the train & go down into the mine. Qui Qui the dad said he would pay double if they would get him out of there right away. His daughters laughed at him.
Pioneer Tunnel tour in Ashland Pa.

Another day we toured the nuclear power plant in Berwick Pa.

Before they left the trip wouldn't be complete with out a trip to the farmers market to get shoo fly pie in Schuylkill Haven, then over to Shartlesville hotel for an authentic family style Dutch dinner featuring Dutch favorite foods including awesome desserts.

To continue off topic. In another thread someone asked where to go when they retired. America is the answer. this is a tiny fraction of what America has to offer.

We had friends visit from Puerto Rico. They got to video this walking THE MARION 7800 & later operating. Getting the chance to stand in the bucket before it began dragging then watching it dump into a uke. Not many get to see this up close & personal.

THE MARION 7800 working

Another day we went to Ashland to ride the train & go down into the mine. Qui Qui the dad said he would pay double if they would get him out of there right away. His daughters laughed at him.
Pioneer Tunnel tour in Ashland Pa.

Another day we toured the nuclear power plant in Berwick Pa.

Before they left the trip wouldn't be complete with out a trip to the farmers market to get shoo fly pie in Schuylkill Haven, then over to Shartlesville hotel for an authentic family style Dutch dinner featuring Dutch favorite foods including awesome desserts.
Did they use their stimulus check to pay for the trip? 😀

I see no reason why any of us should cast aspersions on others regarding how and what the stimulus money was spent for. Nor should we have to explain how hard we've worked over the years. I never speak of "how hard" I worked over the years, just that I worked which in reality is what most of us did.

The money, as I understand it, isn't a "welfare" check but money to hopefully be spent in ways that will re-energize our economy and the many entities that make up that economy, both large and small.

Having said this, we stuck ours in the bank for the moment (which is in violation of the spirit of the stimulus) and maybe that's where it will stay. I see no need to justify how I spend it. If my wife and I were a couple of boozers, we could probably drink it away and we'd be helping some struggling pub or bar to stay afloat.

I see no reason why any of us should cast aspersions on others regarding how and what the stimulus money was spent for. Nor should we have to explain how hard we've worked over the years. I never speak of "how hard" I worked over the years, just that I worked which in reality is what most of us did.

The money, as I understand it, isn't a "welfare" check but money to hopefully be spent in ways that will re-energize our economy and the many entities that make up that economy, both large and small.

Having said this, we stuck ours in the bank for the moment (which is in violation of the spirit of the stimulus) and maybe that's where it will stay. I see no need to justify how I spend it. If my wife and I were a couple of boozers, we could probably drink it away and we'd be helping some struggling pub or bar to stay afloat.
We all decide how we spend our money and our lives. I didn’t see any “aspersions” cast on anyone. I don’t know what you mean by “boozers”. As a child, I would have been perfectly happy if my parents drank themselves into a coma every night. Unfortunately, they did not.

Just shows that one persons ideal of “aspersions” is another person’s ideal of a quiet, safe, and pain free night. Listening to those two (my abusive parents) beating the crap out of each other every night was beyond stressful, cause when they were done beating each other, I knew who was going to get beaten next.

By putting the money in your bank, and not your mattress, you are probably helping keep your bank afloat. I personally, am worried about the stability of our banking system. I guess it’s a good thing that I have no money to put I to it. 😂 At least my money pit of a house currently keeps me out of the rain.

Did they use their stimulus check to pay for the trip? 😀
No they are financially able to pay their own way. We pay for what they do while visiting us they pay for what we do when visiting them. And no we don't use stimulus money because we didn't qualify.

No they are financially able to pay their own way. We pay for what they do while visiting us they pay for what we do when visiting them. And no we don't use stimulus money because we didn't qualify.
Actually, I was just kidding around with you which is why I used the sMiley face. Sorry that you thought I was serious, I wasn’t.

Were confused on this issue, but not as near as congress is...

addendum: were stressed? can you imagine a house full of kids
Buy school clothes, no wait?
Pay rent, no hold off, we may get a check, talk to landlord...
What to do?
Do I have a job, do I not?
Our problems are minor when compared to a household with children regarding stimulus check

And if it turns out I still have a job, will I have to scramble around looking for childcare or homeschooling arrangements, as the school's open/closed/half open or who knows status is still up in the air. I really do feel for the families in this situation.

I couldn't agree more. I guess the reason that the first stimulus check was sent to virtually everyone and was not means tested was that the money was intended to be infused into the economy, so it really didn't matter how people who got it spent it. Though saving it was perhaps not the intent of the stimulus check, I can never think saving money is a bad idea. For most of us, you never know when you might need it.
My husband and I are retired with no debt and good income (planned and worked for that for many years). We've had no loss in income from this covidvirus thing, so I absolutely didn't think we should get the first stimulus check, but we did. It was direct deposited automatically into our account soon after it was announced, and I felt guilty at having gotten it when I know and see how many people were hit hard and struggling from job losses, lack of work related to the first covid19- related shutdown. It didn't take long, though, to realize that maybe we could help out a little bit, though, in our corner of the world. I gave some of the stimulus money we got to someone we know who was struggling as he lost business and was working hard with any odd jobs he could find to try and make some money. We took the rest of tue money and divided it between two local organizations here that do great work-one a bird rescue organization and the other a free health clinic. I thought it was the least we could do.
Hopefully that second stimulus check will go to people who truly need it.

Wow Janice. You are really up on this stuff. I saw a similar article to the one you last posted and was going to post it here. Yours is more clear and concise. I just hope there's no stalling on this today. So many people need this. I talked to a good friend the other day who said she is still unable to get through by any means to file for unemployment. They need to include a provision to improve that system.

Back