Second stimulus check?

I’m saving mine in case I need to do some improvements or repairs to my 20 yr old car. I used to have a saying, “any time I get some extra money it always ends up going into my car, my teeth or the vet.” Well, the teeth are bought & paid for, the beloved pets wait by the Rainbow Bridge & the car sits there with its foggy headlights looking at me expectantly. Same story if we get a second one. If I’d want to get snarky about the “freebies” it would be about all the expensive late model vehicles lined up in the No ID required free food handout lines.

I’m saving mine in case I need to do some improvements or repairs to my 20 yr old car. I used to have a saying, “any time I get some extra money it always ends up going into my car, my teeth or the vet.” Well, the teeth are bought & paid for, the beloved pets wait by the Rainbow Bridge & the car sits there with its foggy headlights looking at me expectantly. Same story if we get a second one. If I’d want to get snarky about the “freebies” it would be about all the expensive late model vehicles lined up in the No ID required free food handout lines.
Just because you have an expensive late model car that doesn’t mean you don’t need food. People will hold onto the car as it’s transportation to a job and some jobs almost require that you “look” well to do.

I'm hoping to get the next incentive check and use it to buy a new Windows 10 computer. I wasted the last incentive check on "stuff," then 3 of my computers died, leaving me pretty much hobbled with a weak notebook computer.

@applecruncher & @JaniceM I read an article yesterday that basically said they all know the second check is very much needed and feel it's still doable. One of the people interviewed felt that even the help to the P.O. may have opened the door to moving forward with the stimulus checks. LIke you said Janice, every article (ie: each person's take) may be a little different, depending on their source(s).

It it happens I'll be grateful, I can sure use it. I put the last one toward having my house painted. I was surprised anyway to find that Social Security recipients would get it. I assumed it was only for working folks.

It it happens I'll be grateful, I can sure use it. I put the last one toward having my house painted. I was surprised anyway to find that Social Security recipients would get it. I assumed it was only for working folks.

The Stimulus was to help boost the economy. People with low incomes, S.S. and S.S.I. have a low set income.

Their income is barely enough to keep a roof over their heads and food on the table.

Kind of hard to help boost the economy when nothing is left over to boost with.

For those wondering about a $600.00 for one or $1200.00 for two deposit because you use online services for taxes. I checked out our account a few minutes ago.

IRS TREAS 310 XXTAXEIP2
Pending - 1/4/2021

+$1,200.00

wow so many saying they see it pending.
For some reason we were "missed" last time I tried numerous times to get an answer but you could not get a live person and I only had patience to stay on line for about an hour at a time was transferred and hung up on multiple times.... so I doubt we will get anything now .... our income is low enough and we should have but nope so i am not holding my breath.
I figured it must have been scammed or stolen ..... thanks to a insane governor ( told unemployment to SKIP some basic verification), I also had to fight a fraudulent claim for unemployment in my name even though i was working the whole year. i can't wait for what a mess tax season will be this year.

Back