Seniors living alone

I don't have a dishwasher but when I did I rarely used it.

I wash dishes several times a day by hand and don't give it much thought.

seniors living alone do you use your dish washer or wash them by hand.?
I used my dishwasher (old) until it broke about 6 months ago. I hate washing dishes.

The dishwasher uses less hot water and less water overall.

I'd run it once or twice a week, but washed the occasional crispy roasting pan or casserole by hand.

I'd like to say I have better things to do than stand at the sink washing dirty dishes, but I don't.
I just dislike doing it and plan on replacing it a some point.

I used my dishwasher (old) until it broke about 6 months ago. I hate washing dishes.

The dishwasher uses less hot water and less water overall.

I'd run it once or twice a week, but washed the occasional crispy roasting pan or casserole by hand.

I'd like to say I have better things to do than stand at the sink washing dirty dishes, but I don't.
I just dislike doing it and plan on replacing it a some point.
I hate washing dishes, too. I use my dishwasher for maybe a couple of loads a week, but also it's a place to put dirty dishes so I don't have to wash a few at a time all the time or look at a pile of unwashed dishes in the sink. I run it when it gets full.

With seven women in the house some like to wash by hand but I now insist that everything goes through the dishwasher to be sterilized. I have had two gals that could not see well and they would miss stuff and dry it off and put it back in the cupboard thinking they were saving use of the dishwasher. Not fun when you pull something out to use it and you have to decide, Do I just chip it off with a finger nail or rewash it?

Say what???? You wash all your laundry by hand?????

yup - the old fashion way

We are not allowed to have wash machines in our apartments and I am not willing to use the laundry machines in our laundry room. There are not supposed to be any children in our building. But people do laundry for their children and grandchildren. This often leaves the laundry machines contaminated with human waste from those kids. Yuck.

Because of this, I have no choice. Yup, a man's work is never done ...

yup - the old fashion way

We are not allowed to have wash machines in our apartments and I am not willing to use the laundry machines in our laundry room. There are not supposed to be any children in our building. But people do laundry for their children and grandchildren. This often leaves the laundry machines contaminated with human waste from those kids. Yuck.

Because of this, I have no choice. Yup, a man's work is never done ...
Do you do your laundry in bathroom sink or bathtub? I used to do laundry by hand when I was young. Due to joint pain it would be difficult for me to extract water from clothes so a washing machine is a must for me. I also have degenerative discs and can't bend or sit on a low chair for over 15 minutes at a time. Do you use dryer in the laundry room or hang dry you clothes?

Although my dishwasher is new and was bought when my house was built several yrs earlier I haven't used it. In my previous house I also bought a new dishwasher when that house was built but didn't use it either. I prefer doing the dishes by hand.

Back