Seniors living alone

You might check Amazon (or elsewhere) for a tabletop clothes washer. That might work for you, since you're already washing clothing in your apartment. From what I can tell, they're not huge (nor expensive), but it may be that anything can help.

Dishwasher. I'm in California and a water miser. I dry the dishwasher in the eco cycle. Once drying starts I dab dry all the over turned stuff like coffee cups. I don't run it until it's full, usually about every 4-5 days.

Also when I soak anything I never use clean new water. I'll wash my hands over the pot or dump the cat's water (changed twice a day) into the container.

yup - the old fashion way

We are not allowed to have wash machines in our apartments and I am not willing to use the laundry machines in our laundry room. There are not supposed to be any children in our building. But people do laundry for their children and grandchildren. This often leaves the laundry machines contaminated with human waste from those kids. Yuck.

Because of this, I have no choice. Yup, a man's work is never done ...
Years ago I used the communal apartment washers and never gave it a second thought. I never got sick or any other issues. However today, I think it would gross me out a bit. If I had to I think I'd find another way to wash dishtowels at least.

yup - the old fashion way

We are not allowed to have wash machines in our apartments and I am not willing to use the laundry machines in our laundry room. There are not supposed to be any children in our building. But people do laundry for their children and grandchildren. This often leaves the laundry machines contaminated with human waste from those kids. Yuck.

Because of this, I have no choice. Yup, a man's work is never done ...
Well more power to ya!!! 😊. The wasging I wouldn’t mind doing to awfully much, but the drying would be a pain, just space wise if nothing else 😩

I have a dishwasher and couldn't tell you if it still works.

I wash by hand when I dirty any dishes. (I'm one of those people who don't like dishes sitting in the sink). Take breakfast for example. A cereal bowl, a spoon and a tea mug. Now how hard is that? Dinner: A steamer, plate, fork, knife, and maybe a couple of other things. Again, how hard is that? How many minutes really does it take to wash so few items? Key is not to let things pile up.

I don't see it as a chore plus I already spend too much time sitting on my rear end in front of an electronic device or book.

Back