Seniors on Social Security, Have You Received Your Stimulus Check Yet?

Those on SS, have you received your stimulus check yet?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SeaBreeze

Endlessly Groovin'
Have those seniors here who receive direct deposit for their Social Security benefits, received your stimulus deposit yet? Did you file taxes last year? Yesterday my SS was deposited into my account, but I have not yet received the stimulus, and we did file last year. I can wait, even if they send a check by mail, but I was curious if others here received theirs yet. Please take the poll.

Yes, I received my stimulus deposit yesterday. I was happily surprised as I thought they had forgotten about me!:oops::sneaky:(y):giggle:🌺 Oh yes, and I did not file taxes as I was not employed.

Not yet.

I did file and pay my taxes before April 15th and I do have direct deposit for SS. I do not keep my banking information on file with the IRS.

The guvmint website says I may be entitled to a stimulus check or similar vague message.

I read an article that said the paper checks were being issued each week in waves based on income.

Not yet.

I did file and pay my taxes before April 15th and I do have direct deposit for SS. I do not keep my banking information on file with the IRS.

The guvmint website says I may be entitled to a stimulus check or similar vague message.

I read an article that said the paper checks were being issued each week in waves based on income.
Same here Aunt Bea, I don't keep any banking info either on file with the IRS....just had to provide a bank account when I applied for SS, so they could do the direct deposit.

Thanks to everyone here who replied and took the poll, good to see so many here have already received it. If my stimulus check comes in, I'll post when it arrived here on this thread.

Not yet.

The direct deposits seem to be happening on Wednesdays early in the morning, very early. A friend of mine got his then and so did I. Both of us get SS direct deposits.

The direct deposits seem to be happening on Wednesdays early in the morning, very early. A friend of mine got his then and so did I. Both of us get SS direct deposits.
Ruth, is your regular day a Wednesday? Mine is, and I expected to get it on a Wednesday....but not sure.

So, has everyone who had it direct deposited into their bank account, already given their account info in the past to the IRS? We never had tax refunds or anything deposited into our accounts....just set one up for Social Security. I guess this is why we haven't had the stimulus payment deposited yet....may just get a check in the future.

So, has everyone who had it direct deposited into their bank account, already given their account info in the past to the IRS? We never had tax refunds or anything deposited into our accounts....just set one up for Social Security. I guess this is why we haven't had the stimulus payment deposited yet....may just get a check in the future.

Anyone who doesn't have to file HAS TO fil out a NON FILERS form with IRS. Or you won't get a check.
Its easy just go to site answer 6v questions.They don't know your direct info if you haven't filed.

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/non-filers-enter-payment-info-here

Anyone who doesn't have to file HAS TO fil out a NON FILERS form with IRS. Or you won't get a check.
Its easy just go to site answer 6v questions.They don't know your direct info if you haven't filed.

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/non-filers-enter-payment-info-here
Thanks @MeAgain again, we did file taxes last year, just never gave bank info to the IRS for any reason and prefer not to now. If we don't get a direct deposit in the account we have for our SS, then we'll just wait and get the stimulus check in the regular mail, I figure by the end of June it should arrive.

I received mine, via direct deposit, the last week of April. ... and I haven't filed a tax return in several years.
Thanks @MeAgain again, we did file taxes last year, just never gave bank info to the IRS for any reason and prefer not to now. If we don't get a direct deposit in the account we have for our SS, then we'll just wait and get the stimulus check in the regular mail, I figure by the end of June it should arrive.

Ok thats good I'd hate to see people who don't file lose out of course thats what the news said but who knows,huh?

Given the "efficiency" of most government agencies, I would NOT want to give them my bank information. I would much rather wait a bit longer than to risk their sloppy handling of my financial data. I file my taxes electronically every year, and usually have the refunds within 2 or 3 weeks. Depositing a check is just a minor errand during a normal run to town.

No, not at all @SeaBreeze .... IRS got my information from SS.
The yearly SSA-1099 Form that Social Security sends in January is where the IRS gets the account information to deposit the funds.
Anyway that is how they got my info. ... I didn't do anything.

Never gave my info. to the IRS but SS already had it. I don't know how it all works but just glad I finally got it.

Back