Sept 11th,Remember all the victims

moviequeen1

,Sept 11th,say a prayer for all the victims and their families of this terrible tragedy on this solemn day
I'll be thinking of my sister in law who lost her brother,Tony.He worked at the bond company,Cannor Fitzgerald which lost over 600 employees
Never Forget Them

Virgil-quote-inside-the-911-Memorial-Museum.jpg

Sept. 11th will always be in my mind. Over the years, I attended a company school in Kingston, NY, and often went to NYC early on Sunday mornings. I always went to the top of the WTC on those trips. When I was eating breakfast the morning of that tragedy, and watched the news as this tragedy unfolded, I became almost sick to my stomach.

I remember the weather was beautiful.

I was working in an office downtown Columbus OHIO. After the attacks everyone was sent home. When I got home, I literally walked around in circles for several minutes. I was up all night watching the coverage.

Last edited:
I remember the weather was beautiful.

I was working in an office downtown. After the attacks everyone was sent home. When I got home, I literally walked around in circles for several minutes. I was up all night watching the coverage.

Can't imagine being in the city when it happened. 😥

I'm remembering. It was early in the morning in Hawaii and I just opened my computer and was just answering an email when I saw the news feed. I immediately turned on the TV and watched in astonishing horror. It slowly dawned n me that it was really a terrorist attack. I do still feel horror and total sadness for whose people who were in the building and had to go through that.

God bless the survivors who lost folks in that disaster, God bless the fire and police that responded and damn the evil minds that conceived the idea. We truly lost our innocence that day.

I live the next hill over from the Shanksville Flight 93 Memorial. Mike Pence was there speaking today. I'll remember that day as long as I live.

I visited the memorial about two years after.......a very solemn place indeed. I always planned on going back, but as i understand it, when it became the official memorial it 'lost' something. So i never did.

Not sure why , but I remember just an eerie silence for the next few days, particularly the next day 9/12. It was like no one was out....streets were empty, and of course not a plane in the sky.

My husband worked across the Hudson River in NJ....He didn't have a window in his office....I was in school, I was a Secretary...My friend next to my desk got a phone call from her husband...He was almost to the City and called his wife to tell her that a plane hit the building....Then all Hell
broke out....Parents were coming into school to get their kids...We had buses outside, but they didn't want their kids to go on the bus...
It was a nut house....The Principal just let everyone go home....I called my husband...He didn't even know what was going on...He was in
a Conference room...I told him to go to a window, NYC is burning from a plane hitting the building....When he found a window to look out of...
Another plane was smashing into the building....He had to call the guy's who ride together everyday....It took a long time for everyone to get to my husband's building...My cousin was coming out of the train....when he got to the building there was soot everywhere and he couldn't see...
He was going into work in that building that day, but he missed the first bus to the city and had to wait for the train...Thank God!
My brother got the last boat going out to New Jersey...He actually pleated to the Captain, they didn't have enough room...But the Captain
said to come on board, you'll have to stand...My brother didn't care....My Niece was in a building across the street from the World Trade bldg.
She had to walk over a bridge with thousands of people....She ended up finding a friend and she went home with her in Staten Island....
More stories!!! My husband didn't get home till night.....He said his other rider was missing...The guys's couldn't locate him.....After 2 days,
the guy called hubby to tell him he got out of the building and had to walk to another town....A week later my daughter found out a girl she
went to College with had perished in the fire...Very Sad.....My nephew lost a friend....Maybe many know the story....His friend was on the plane
that crashed in Pennsylvania....They were heros...Or else the plane would've smashed into a city...Killing many people....God Rest their soul!!!

WE WILL NEVER FORGET...….

Back