September 2019.... Please Share your Day...

As for my plans to shred yesterday,I decided to wait for another rainy day
The rain stopped around 10,for my mid morning stroll,I walked 3 times around our apt building complex The sun came out in afternoon,I took a 3 block stroll around the neighborhood
Today,is my volunteer morning at Canopy of Neighbors when I call members to see how they are,tell them about upcoming events

hi there peeps' today I got on the sit on mower to cut the 1 acre we have ' seems like 6 when cutting ewwww' its a cold chilly day today but sept is a lovely month so bright the days but a chill in the mornings '
off to butchers in the village to get some fresh meat for tonite dinner ' may take the bike for a ride
but then again it maybe the motor lol... lazy me ' then I have some doors to start painting inside -then thats me done for the day .. !!

Had a call from my daughter, distraught over a serious issue ..(not medical)... and she was on the phone for over an hour before I could calm her down , but I feel so frustrated because there's nothing I can do to make things any better except be there to listen and give suggestions and advice as to what might be done... but my concern is her health, because she's a strong character, but this is affecting her health in that she's not sleeping , or able to eat for the worry of it all... :(

I said goodbye to my car today. Got 200.00 from the junkcarboys. More than I expected in the first place. I was getting kind of worried they wouldn't show up but they did. Got what I wanted out of the inside of it, signed the title over and came home.

Now my AC in my apt. is putting out warm air...got to call the manager. I think I need a new one. I used it a lot this summer and it was old so it was worn out I believe. Hopefully they will put in a new energy efficient one. I hope they do it this season still as it gets too warm and stuffy in here like it is now. I do have a good oscillating fan that I'm running. Helps circulate the air at least.

I feel worn out today...one of those days I guess. Looking forward to more energy and higher spirits in the near future. :whistle:

I've done the dishes, had the weather channel on since I woke up, written in my journal, taken the car to get the brakes fixed, and had my shower. Otherwise, there's nothing else to do.

Oh...It's a bit of a cloudy day, but that might be because of the hurricane. I'm glad we are very far inland. We might take a walk later. I'm making hats for my granddaughter, one who got a cast off of her leg that was broken. That's my big news.

Now that the hurricane has passed us by we can get back into normal activities had my swim this morning and my coffee with my hubby, read the Paper that’s typically what I do in the morning prior to today We spent quite a bit of time collecting supplies if the power went out getting the generator ready And also putting up the window shutters. We have since taken them down. Tonight we’re going to celebrate our anniversary at a beachfront restaurant and then watch the sunset if we can see it through the clouds LOL People will ask us why do you live in Florida when there are hurricanes and we will say well it’s usually a Paradise and every once in a while it’s a nightmare you take the good with the bad. Thankfully we also have insurance and flood insurance so that gives us some peace of mind. We would never take Charity money from other people as this was our decision.

@Lc jones

cover-photo-for-happy-anniversary.jpg

Got up pretty early. Fed the fur and feather kids and took Suzy out for a walk.

Did a load of laundry and am so glad I got that done. I had run out of capris to wear since it's still Summer. Now they are all clean again. ✨

Trying to decide what to have for dinner even though I haven't had lunch yet. Think I'll have a salad with spinach and broccoli and carrots since I have so much of them. I always use Balsamic Vinegar and Olive Oil on them as they are real good for fatty liver.

Trying to get healthier even though I don't know how much good I'm doing. Sometimes I just don't know if anything will work. :unsure: Still trying anyhow.

I hope everyone reading this has a wonderful afternoon.

motivationalquotes2.jpg

It's still hot here. I will do a happy dance once the highs go under 100F. That probably won't happen for another few weeks.
I pushed through the fatigue and did 3 loads of laundry, wiped down the kitchen and dinning room, cleaned the coffee pods and got the dishes out of the sink and into the dishwasher. I have a pretty boring life at the moment.

Then I took a hour nap. LOL

It is Springtime over here and the days are warming. Birds are nesting and magpie swooping season has started.

AND I AM A NEW GREAT GRANDMOTHER. :love:

Our second granddaughter delivered a healthy boy yesterday. He came early, about 4 weeks, and arrived feet first but he and his mother are both well.

My daughter had been longing for a grandchild for some time and this will give her life renewed purpose. She has been going through a very rough patch but handling her own and others' problems with great strength.

I feel proud to be the matriarch of this 4 generation family. Proud and very happy today.

It is Springtime over here and the days are warming. Birds are nesting and magpie swooping season has started.

AND I AM A NEW GREAT GRANDMOTHER. :love:

Our second granddaughter delivered a healthy boy yesterday. He came early, about 4 weeks, and arrived feet first but he and his mother are both well.

My daughter had been longing for a grandchild for some time and this will give her life renewed purpose. She has been going through a very rough patch but handling her own and others' problems with great strength.

I feel proud to be the matriarch of this 4 generation family. Proud and very happy today.
congratulations Maureen! Life goes on!😄💝

Yes it does, and with all the upheavals we see around us life is what gives us hope and determination to strive for better futures for new generations.

In my twilight years I am confident that the good values that my ancestors, passed down to me through my parents, have been handed on unchanged. It is the values, more than the genes, that strengthen the lineage. Today I am thinking of the new baby but also of my own mother. She would be very proud today. She was a wonderful great grandmother to my grandkids and was loved and respected by them all. If I can be like her my remaining years will be blessed.

Yes it does, and with all the upheavals we see around us life is what gives us hope and determination to strive for better futures for new generations.

In my twilight years I am confident that the good values that my ancestors, passed down to me through my parents, have been handed on unchanged. It is the values, more than the genes, that strengthen the lineage. Today I am thinking of the new baby but also of my own mother. She would be very proud today. She was a wonderful great grandmother to my grandkids and was loved and respected by them all. If I can be like her my remaining years will be blessed.
@Warrigal Yes, our values go on and you can be proud you have been so representin'!

In the morning I baked four loaves of whole wheat bread. Then I opened my social security account, online. That alone, by itself, would have been a big enough of a deal to make my day. I also now know what I need to know to commence receiving benefits. Then I baked a batch of gingersnap cookies; they like the bread are for the Saturday farmers market. Then I mowed about an acre or two of pretty long brome grass. Then I cleaned up and drove the 7 miles into town for my weekly training session at the hospital. After 18 years of care-giving for my many-times-hospitalized mother, I'm now volunteering with the chaplain there. The man helped keep me sane as she lay dying this last winter. I need to give something back to the community.

Hi Mike,enjoy your day with your grandson
Today is one of my volunteer mornings{Fri is the other} in business office at my church.I'll be doing my weekly computer tasks
I may sit in our community garden this afternoon if the sun stays out

Back