Severe Panic Disorder

Keesha

🐟
Has anyone taking Zoloft for panic disorder?
I’m taking rescue remedy, GABA, ashwagandha, magnesium, 5 htp, L-theanine as well as loranzapam once a day yet can’t seem to shake this panic. It’s all consuming.

I’m reading spiritual literature, listening to Christian podcasts, Christian music , self hypnosis audios. I’m praying lots.

I write in a gratitude journal everyday too and have for years.

Has anyone been on Zoloft and if so did it help you?

Yes I understand completely that we are all energy and connected like a hologram and that reality is fluid, not fixed but these emotions just take over my brain causing such turmoil.

If anyone can help me I’d really appreciate it. I’ve even quit doing marijuana due to the paranoia it causes and will be getting some CBD oil without THC this weekend.

How do you acquire complete faith in our creator? Please share your tips!

I've tried & had bad luck (*increased* nervousness, anxiety, insomnia & paranoia) with the following: Zoloft, Efixor, Gaba, loranzapam, Magnesium, marijuana, passiflora incarnata, chamomile, and some other natural supplements that I can't remember the name of and none of it helped me either.

So if anybody knows of any natural supplements I haven't tried that actually work, I'd love to hear about 'em. (Prescription sedatives actually work but the doc won't prescribe those, mostly because of the new anti-opiate laws. I mean, heck, I've only got probably another 10 years of life left, and only 5 years or less of being able to drive left, but hell no, let's not let me relax or be content, of course not! 😒

I have read nothing but bad things about Zoloft. This was not a drug used when I was still active in nursing, but I do remember we used Elavil, Meprobamate and of course Valium. Psych nurses know more about these drugs than I as that was not my discipline. I know there are different classes of meds, so perhaps your doctor should choose one from another class. Panic is no fun. Back when I was in my mid 20s for some reason, I went through having them and just had to work it out. I even saw a therapist, but to no avail. Then, one day, they simply stopped. I don't know if this will help or not, Keesha.91550186_1564391150389154_4458863230835490816_n.jpg

You are taking Way Too Many prescription drugs and they are interacting with each other negatively. More will only make things worse.

As for your last question, I have no answer but Why does it matter now? Wait till you are more calm and reflective. Meditate. Meditate. Use Reiki Healing to calm down at least once a day.

You are taking Way Too Many prescription drugs and they are interacting with each other negatively. More will only make things worse.

As for your last question, I have no answer but Why does it matter now? Wait till you are more calm and reflective. Meditate. Meditate. Use Reiki Healing to calm down at least once a day.
I’m taking ONE prescription drug. Lorenzapam. The rest are natural supplements which were suggested by a naturopathic doctor. I hope he knows what he’s talking about . They aren’t supposed to interact with each other. I am meditating , doing Reiki etc.

I’m hoping the CBD oil will work.

My nurse practitioner is starting me off slow and let me know if it doesn’t feel right to stop it right away. She’ll be calling every 2 weeks.

Yes. Meditation is very calming.
I’m soon going to be starting my new therapy and hope it helps.

Thanks.

CBD oil is way over rated unless you actually go to a Cannabis pharmacy and let them figure out the quality you might be able to get some use out of it.
I can actually make my own oil but the THC is causing paranoia which can make my attacks worse. There are plenty of places around here that sell it without the THC so I’m going to try it.
A couple of members here have used it very successfully. Maybe then I can decrease some of the other stuff but even my nurse practitioner stated that there shouldn’t be any inter reaction, like with St. John’s wort.

Thank you. Valium is definitely out.
My last counsellor gave me those tips on using all your senses to pull myself into the present moment. They are definitely good thanks.

I've tried & had bad luck (*increased* nervousness, anxiety, insomnia & paranoia) with the following: Zoloft, Efixor, Gaba, loranzapam, Magnesium, marijuana, passiflora incarnata, chamomile, and some other natural supplements that I can't remember the name of and none of it helped me either.

So if anybody knows of any natural supplements I haven't tried that actually work, I'd love to hear about 'em. (Prescription sedatives actually work but the doc won't prescribe those, mostly because of the new anti-opiate laws. I mean, heck, I've only got probably another 10 years of life left, and only 5 years or less of being able to drive left, but hell no, let's not let me relax or be content, of course not! 😒
Wow! This isn’t too reassuring. I’m so sorry to learn this. There’s a supplement called RediCalm but it’s a bit pricey. It’s a mixture of 5 different natural remedies . 5 htp is supposed to be good for mood control. I will have to keep trying until I find the right combinations. Loranzepam seems to work the best for me BUT it’s not recommended for long term. Having said that I’ve read that some people have taken it for years with their doctors approval, stating that the side effects are less bothersome than the alternative.

I HATE taking conventional medicine 🥺

Thanks guys. I’m really missing all of you. 😎💕

I have an eye-dropper bottle of CBD Oil that has less than 1% THC in it. I don't use it much, but it does help my shoulder osteoarthritis pain. Last longer than the CBD Rub I also have. But, neither help nearly as much as the 50mg Tramadol I take, along with an 800mg ibuprofen, on an every-other day basis. Both the Tramadol and Ibuprofen are VA prescriptions.

I HATE taking conventional medicine 🥺

Thanks guys. I’m really missing all of you. 😎💕
I say Better Living Through Chemistry. Nothing, absolutely nothing IMO (except THC) is as good as prescription drugs. That's why they were invented. The other stuff, the natural remedies, are, IMO, Olde Wives Tales.

I'm missing you like crazy, Keesha! What does your husband have to say about this?

Keesha,

Are you still able to get outside and walk?
How well are you sleeping?
In general I am against using any chemical, but it you find one that gives you relief then go for it.
I have trouble meditating when something is troubling me and I think most people do.
Yoga might be a better choice under these circumstances.

Count me among those who miss you and the cheer that you bring to this forum.

Sorry to hear about the panic attacks. They are real & they are no joke. About 15 years ago I used to get them once in a while. It was like a heart attack & I thought I was going to die. On 2 different occasions, my wife at that time drove me to the hospital. For some strange reason the attacks would start around 11:30 am & then they would go on for about 2 hours & then stop. A pharmacist told me about Lorazepam. I went to my doctor who, at that time, told me that there are 3 good drugs for panic attacks. Now some 15 years later I very seldom get the attacks. I am looking at a container from November 18, 2019, I have used only 6 tablets (0.05mg). That works to only 1 pill used every 2 months. Although I am far from being a doctor or thinking I know it all in medicine, I have read several times that we should be very careful if we take more than 5 or 6 pills on a daily basis. What happens is that you end up taking pills just to contour the effects of other pills. This is why you should never use more than 1 doctor at a time & the same goes for your pharmacist. I know there are people suffering terrible pain or are in an "end of life" situation, but the average person should not be taking a dozen pills everyday. Sorry to hear about your pain. Good luck!

I can actually make my own oil but the THC is causing paranoia which can make my attacks worse.
Here is the skinny on THC: There are TWO kinds of THC, one is called Indica which is calming and grrreat for sleep. the other kind of THC is called Sativa, it has euphoric effects(the stoned feeling) but can aggravate anxiety because it acts as a stimulant.

I highly recommend the Indica, I take 5MG of Indica in a "gummy" an hour before bedtime and sleep blissfully. The are hybrids of both the Indica and Sativa, and also hybrids that contain CBD.
For me, CBD has to be in ultra strong concentration to have any noticeable effect, and is too expensive that, IMO.

x61PtDW.png

Last edited:
Has anyone taking Zoloft for panic disorder?
I’m taking rescue remedy, GABA, ashwagandha, magnesium, 5 htp, L-theanine as well as loranzapam once a day yet can’t seem to shake this panic. It’s all consuming.

I’m reading spiritual literature, listening to Christian podcasts, Christian music , self hypnosis audios. I’m praying lots.

I write in a gratitude journal everyday too and have for years.

Has anyone been on Zoloft and if so did it help you?

Yes I understand completely that we are all energy and connected like a hologram and that reality is fluid, not fixed but these emotions just take over my brain causing such turmoil.

If anyone can help me I’d really appreciate it. I’ve even quit doing marijuana due to the paranoia it causes and will be getting some CBD oil without THC this weekend.

How do you acquire complete faith in our creator? Please share your tips!
You listed all the drugs you were and are taking along with trying other possible remedies, but what is the rest of your life like? Do you come in contact with other people? Are there any stressors in your life? As far as drugs go, go back to square one and take nothing for an extended period of time. Maybe some still circulate in your system. Good luck.

I say Better Living Through Chemistry. Nothing, absolutely nothing IMO (except THC) is as good as prescription drugs. That's why they were invented. The other stuff, the natural remedies, are, IMO, Olde Wives Tales.

I'm missing you like crazy, Keesha! What does your husband have to say about this?
You’re such a sweetheart Pepper. Missing you too lady. Much love❤️
My man is amazing. He is my number one supporter. He calls me everyday, text me, and reminds me of things I may have forgotten. He is the kindest sweetest man ever. I often wonder what I did to deserve him. I couldn’t ask for more. Thank you.

Keesha,

Are you still able to get outside and walk?
How well are you sleeping?
In general I am against using any chemical, but it you find one that gives you relief then go for it.
I have trouble meditating when something is troubling me and I think most people do.
Yoga might be a better choice under these circumstances.

Count me among those who miss you and the cheer that you bring to this forum.
Oh yes . I am sleeping and still walking everyday. Just not as far. My littlest dog is almost 15 and my long walks are too far. I’m thinking I need to go for a second walk later on my own. Exercise certainly helps.

I do guided meditations and sleeping mantras for health and well being. They really help a lot. I can’t just sit there with nothing yet as my fears creep in.

My daily yoga I had to stop since I tore a rotator cuff. Bummer. For the first 3 weeks I could hardly move my arm but then I’d get what the doctor called shoulder freeze. That’s where the torn ligaments tries to attach itself to the should blade so when you do finally move your arm, the ligament then tears away. It sucks but it’s getting better.

Awww... thank you. I miss you too. 🥰

Back