Should there be broad-based religious teachings?

Yes. I feel Sweden generously opened their arms welcoming the immigrants needing shelter from a war torn homeland . . . and in return . . . little thanks and a lot of ugliness. I encountered some that were kind and thankful but they are in the minority.
Sadly, this is true right across Europe. The migrants seem to think they have a right to live wherever they please, and we have an obligation to give them 5-star treatment.
Those who are from the British Commonwealth countries may feel they have a right to live in Britain, but the majority are from Middle Eastern countries.

So is my son, and you are correct. There are serious problems with others too though not just Muslims. Some of the teachers in Sweden are receiving death threats from their student's families.
This is true. Many teachers (and social workers/employment officers) in Sweden have been threatened with murder and have been physically assaulted. Then there are the not-so-uncommon attacks in other parts of Europe such as the teacher in France who was beheaded in broad daylight on a public street and the British man who was dispatched in the very same manner in the UK.

Over a lifetime of work I had the opportunity to work with people from all over the world from many country's and cultures, including blacks, whites Hispanics, people from India, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Armenia, Eastern Europe, China, Japan, this was mostly in the 80s. My opinion then and was always that all people are basically the same, all of us have the same basic goals in life, to take care of family, to live well and to prosper. That was then. Nowadays I can't listen to, watch or read anything without seeing, hearing or reading some kind of subliminal message trying to make me feel like I'm a racist, or to feel guilty about the color of my skin, or be ashamed of myself for having a good life

Over a lifetime of work I had the opportunity to work with people from all over the world from many country's and cultures, including blacks, whites Hispanics, people from India, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Armenia, Eastern Europe, China, Japan, this was mostly in the 80s. My opinion then and was always that all people are basically the same, all of us have the same basic goals in life, to take care of family, to live well and to prosper. That was then. Nowadays I can't listen to, watch or read anything without seeing, hearing or reading some kind of subliminal message trying to make me feel like I'm a racist, or to feel guilty about the color of my skin, or be ashamed of myself for having a good life
My experience echoes yours in many respects. However, I realize that other people, in different situations have other experiences as reported in this thread. We were working with other working people whose lives might be quite different from those being discussed elsewhere in this thread.

Tony

I do not agree. Your response has left several loopholes that you have not addressed.

Back