Show us how you spend your evenings.

Having a lot of sleeping issues as of late. Up at night, and don't get to bed until dawn. What is this? Normal behavior for me is early to bed, early to rise. Now I am asleep for a good part of the day. It makes me crazy. I do not like it at all. I have talked to my doctor, and have had sleeping pills to try and get back to normal but it has not worked. I finally just started to accept it. It does make it hard to do the normal things that require appointments. Not only for me but also my pets. Has anyone else suffered from this?
My body clock is normal when I stay awake a little late and sleep a little late in the morning. Every so often I'll go too late at night and too late the next day. Yes, accepting an off schedule for a while seems to work better than stressing over it.

It’s pretty much the same on work days and the weekend because even on days off we’re both still working around the house, running errands etc.

We always sit before dinner and have a drink together, whatever we each feel like. We keep a modest bar so the choices are a variety of cocktails (margarita, Moscow mile, highball, vodka tonic, dirty martini or beer or wine)

Because we often don’t get home till 5 or 6, it’s often 7.30 or so when Ron takes his shower while I start dinner, and when he’s done bathing he’s my Sous chef helping me chop/prep. We often switch and he’ll cook and I’ll help.

We turn the tv on while we’re doing dinner prep, maybe have another drink, watch a show while dinner is cooking. Major cleanup is done by the one who doesn’t cook, but we both pitch in

After dinner Ron heads to the bedroom to climb in and watch more TV. I’ll walk the dogs one last time, maybe cycle the laundry, get stuff set up with clients for my next day. He’s usually asleep by 9 or so (he’s up at 5.00) I’ll fall asleep between 10-10.30, and am up between 6.00-6.30.

I retired a year before the pandemic. It turns out there was not much difference between retiring and sheltering in place. I still wear a mask. And I am somewhat introvert, so when I go to the store, I avoid people the best I can.

Other than that: keep house, watch Today show, read stuff on internet, then local evening news.

i basically come home from work, shower, find something to eat and take care of a few dishes and start a wash. then i play video games till around 2 or 3 in the morning. usually in bed by 4 if i work the next day. at some point i try to get on the forums during gaming breaks and get caught up.

Back