Shower Only Twice A Week?! They Have GOT To Be Kidding!

@Tom 86 and @Nathan I use Nubian Heritage lotion. It's ingredients are more natural rather than "chemically". I believe it was formulated to combat the naturally dry skin many Black people have. It's so thick and rich that it does not pour out of the bottle when it's held upside down. I squeeze some into a jar for easier access, especially when I'm in a hurry. It comes in jars too but they are more expensive. Since it's so rich, it's not necessary to use as much or use as often as with other lotions. Nubian Heritage has a shea butter lotion as well as other varieties but the Mango Butter is my favorite. I get mine from Lucky Vitamin.
nubian-heritage-mango-butter-body-lotion-rejuvenating-firming-13-fl-oz-384-ml.jpg
@IrisSenior That you have nothing to say says something. :LOL:

@Pecos I remember sometimes having to bathe in a galvanized tub that was placed in our living room. I think that's where most of the heat was. I was very young then. It was just me and my parents and we did not use the same water. :) The first time I saw an out house was when we went down south for my birth mother's funeral. I was 11 years old. My great grandfather lived on a farm and he had an out house. Boy am I glad we didn't stay there that long! That is NOT for me! I agree with you about the (not so) good ole days!

Last edited:
Thanks @OneEyedDiva , I see it comes in many different 'flavors': https://smile.amazon.com/s?k=Nubian+Heritage+lotion&i=beauty&ref=nb_sb_noss_2
I see the Mango version has: Shea Butter, Jojoba Oil, Vitamin C, Aloe Vera, Cocoa Butter....all good sounding stuff! :)
"all good sounding stuff!" Absolutely Nathan. I see you pulled the product up on Amazon but Lucky Vitamin has better prices on some of the varieties. The only thing is one must buy $49 worth of products to get free shipping. I also got a better price on deodorant and potassium at LV. I had been ordering potassium from Amazon but the price shot up on the brand I was buying. I either buy several months worth of Nubian Heritage (NH) products or my grandson will order some items to reach that amount or more. He uses NH too. If you've got Prime and want to order only one bottle to try it out, that may wind up being the better financial option. And you're welcome, of course.

I'll browse Lucky Vitamin's products, I have a love-hate relationship with Amazon as they are constantly setting traps for spending more money. One pet peeve was Amazon's sneaky tactics to get people to accidentally consent to authorizing payment for their Prime. I finally relented, tried Prime for a couple months, watched several episodes of Dr. G Medical Examiner, really wasn't worth the $70 of Prime charges. As for "free" shipping, I shop for free shipping, if I can't get it(without Prime) on Amazon, I scoot right over to ebay and most times will find the same product, shipped free. ;)

I'll browse Lucky Vitamin's products, I have a love-hate relationship with Amazon as they are constantly setting traps for spending more money. One pet peeve was Amazon's sneaky tactics to get people to accidentally consent to authorizing payment for their Prime. I finally relented, tried Prime for a couple months, watched several episodes of Dr. G Medical Examiner, really wasn't worth the $70 of Prime charges. As for "free" shipping, I shop for free shipping, if I can't get it(without Prime) on Amazon, I scoot right over to ebay and most times will find the same product, shipped free. ;)
I was doing the same as you to circumvent Amazon's tricks. I had tried Prime twice on promos but dropped it each time, because like you I didn't think the fee was worth it. I always managed to get free shipping by grouping my purchases to reach the minimum for free shipping. I've also found a couple of items on Ebay with free shipping. I've been getting Prime for free for a couple of years courtesy of my cell phone company (MetroPCS) for upgrading my plan. Let me know what you think of Lucky Vitamin.

Someone sent me something via email a while back with how different sayings came about. I will eventually compose a thread about it. But one of the things was the expression "Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater". Way back when people in a household would all bathe using the same water. The baby was bathed last and by then the water was so dirty...poor baby probably couldn't even be seen. šŸ˜±šŸ¤®
@Tish
Thank God things have changed lol

A while back, I watched a segment on the Smart Senior App (via Roku) that advised showering only twice a week. The reasons were so as not to continually remove good bacteria and not dry out the skin (they do make lotion people). I had to watch it again before posting about it to make sure I didn't miss the part about taking "bird baths" or as some call it..sponge baths. I din't miss it; it wasn't mentioned. I remember when my mother was in the nursing home, they took the residents for showers only twice a week but they got sponge baths in between. I cannot imagine showering or taking a bath only twice a week! Maybe they should have called that segment "Stinky Senior". šŸ˜
ours only got bathed once a week

@Tom 86 and @Nathan I use Nubian Heritage lotion. It's ingredients are more natural rather than "chemically". I believe it was formulated to combat the naturally dry skin many Black people have. It's so thick and rich that it does not pour out of the bottle when it's held upside down. I squeeze some into a jar for easier access, especially when I'm in a hurry. It comes in jars too but they are more expensive. Since it's so rich, it's not necessary to use as much or use as often as with other lotions. Nubian Heritage has a shea butter lotion as well as other varieties but the Mango Butter is my favorite. I get mine from Lucky Vitamin.
View attachment 185819
@IrisSenior That you have nothing to say says something. :LOL:

@Pecos I remember sometimes having to bathe in a galvanized tub that was placed in our living room. I think that's where most of the heat was. I was very young then. It was just me and my parents and we did not use the same water. :) The first time I saw an out house was when we went down south for my birth mother's funeral. I was 11 years old. My great grandfather lived on a farm and he had an out house. Boy am I glad we didn't stay there that long! That is NOT for me! I agree with you about the (not so) good ole days!
I LOVE that lotion but haven't used it for awhile now. My favorite was the Haitian Vetiver, loved the smell and so thick and creamy! I have really dry skin (getting drier every year) and this felt so good going on. I bought mine from Vitacost. Need to order some again!

Back