Siblings, Are You Close?

My brother and I were closer when we were both single. Over the years, I have always been there to help him if he needed help. But if I needed help, he avoided me. I never asked him for any type of help because I knew he would not help me. I love him because he is my brother, but if he wasn't, I probably would not even be friends with him. I live about 20 miles away. Unless I go to his house or where is doing a wild west show, I would not see him at all. Last year he called me and wanted me to do a website for him (I did not want to do it) and he set up a time to come here to see me...........I waited and watched all day for him and he never showed up and to this day never mentioned it to me again. I could fill a book with all that he has done. Very selfish.

I was the youngest of 3 children. My Brother as a lot older than me and my sister. He got married when I was only 4yrs old and my sister was 6yrs old. I was actually closer in age to his 3 children. He moved to a different state when I was a teenager and then he became very cold towards my parents and me and my sister. He passed away a few years ago. Thankfully I am still close to his children and Grandchildren. My sister and I are very close to each other and we talk to each other every day.

I remember a colleague once joking that his parents had four 'only children'.
I know what he meant. My brother and sister are much older than me and I have had no contact with them for a long time. I don't think they have any contact with one another. We have little in common.

I was an 'only' until I was 10 and then came along 2 half sibs. We were not close enough in age to grow up close and, unfortunately, never grew to be.

Back