So as not to hijack another thread about cash

LOL One time I found $20 in a pocket of a winter jacket. I was delighted but had to remind myself I didn't find ''free money'', it was only forgotten money.

It's like the condition they call "intaxication", defined as "the euphoria you feel when receiving a tax refund until you realize that it was your money in the first place...."

Believe it or not, I'm up to $67. Now I'm wondering what on earth I'm going to do with a fat wad of dollar bills. I can take them to my credit union when I get to $100 and ask to convert them to bigger bills, but they're going wonder why they're all curled up. LOL Rolling them up is the only way I can get them to fit in the Lett-Us-Hide.

I started this thread Sept 8 so about two months to get to $67...$100 by Christmas?

Is anybody else still with me or am I the Lone Ranger?

I don’t use cash anymore, but the first year we were married we would split whatever we had in our checkbook at the end of the month, half would go into a savings account n the other half would stay in the checkbook, I still do that today.😊

Only savings plan we have is to buy a dividend paying stock. Best described as defensive and relatively safe stock. We began that many many years ago. The 1st. time we needed a new car we sold enough to pay cash. Over the years selling when a new car was needed left us with an increasing share balance. Maybe not the smartest move but it works for us.

Looks like I'm the only one still doing this. I'm up to $76 and have to move it to an envelope because no more $$ will fit into the Lett-Us-Hide. This week I got more ones because my checking account balance has dropped to less than what I like so I've been using the cash I give myself as an "allowance" when my SS and pension are deposited. If I get to $100 before Christmas, I'll use it as part of my allowance next month.

Back