Some Days are Blah

Pecos, You need a project!

My days are pretty routine but I actually enjoy it that way.

My sister called me the other day to tell me that our 81-year-old brother and his wife are breaking ground on a new house.

My sister is horrified at the idea but I think it's great for them to have something to do and look forward to every day for the next year or so.

I suppose that my project is getting this house ready for sale so that we can move across country into an apartment.

LOL, ...... build another house, I don't think so.

"Even the pets are bored: the two dogs keep looking at me expecting some kind of excitement, and the cat reacts to a neck rub with a look that says: "is that all you've got?" ROFLM*O!!!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I know what you mean. I've been feeling the same way. Except I got some calls this past week from loved ones I never get tired of talking with...my Honorary Son, Honorary Daughter, BFF and another good friend. :) Sometimes the boredom has me feeling down, sometimes I eat my way though it (all the wrong things, particularly ice cream and other sweets). Sometimes immersing myself in my favorite T.V. shows helps.The irony is I have so many things I need to be doing, I shouldn't be bored at all. I thought yesterday would be a little exciting because my son was coming over again so we could work on my song. Well that got abbreviated. He came late, only transferred one track from my Clavinova into his digital program and spent the rest of the time in the studio readying the amp speakers for better performance. By the time he came I was already tired anyway.

Hang in there MB. As they say..."This too shall pass".

My sympathies to your wife, Irwin. Cortisone shots are the usual "remedy" for this, and their benefit is temporary, but better than nothing. With me, it's a shoulder. The doctors uniformly say I should not even think about surgery on a shoulder, it's a bad kind to have, and takes forever to recover from. At least, knee surgery seems to work for most people who get knee replacements. Lots of people who live here have had knee or hip replacements.
My wife got an infection in her knee and the doctors are afraid that it might come back with a cortisone shot, so it doesn't seem like there's a lot they can do — not immediately, anyway. Maybe in a few weeks she'll be able to get another shot. She said it did help some when she got one last month before the infection.
I feel for you both,I'm in the same boat...Injured right knee,been through a week of Me drop,followed by a cortisone shot,countless tubes of BioFreeze and icy hot.
MRI shows meniscus small tears and cartilage issues,surgeon says knee replacement because of bad arthritis and just like your wife I can't get any kind of pain meds from either of them except for an NSAID that's the same as Voltaren and doesn't do a thing!
Wishing you both good luck.
I tore the lateral meniscus in my knee playing tennis. Cortisone did help, but that plus tendonitis in my shoulders put an end to my tennis playing.

Getting old is not for the faint of heart.

It's 10.30am here and outside temp early this morning 5C, but nice and cosy inside with a/c. The restrictions are really tough now, construction sites have even been shut down and the city of Sydney is at a complete standstill, it's so eerie. We started off so well, but this Delta virus has knocked us flat. Still lots of resistance going on so can't see how the situation will ever be resolved. I think the day will eventually come when all restrictions will be lifted and wonder what happens to all those people who have refused to be protected by the vaccine.

Today is just a blah day. It started out normal enough, coffee with my wife was wonderful as it always is, but as the day wore on things got increasingly boring. We have been cooped up for so long now and it is getting mighty old. There is virtually no place to go around here, I am talked out on the phone, it is too hot and humid to do very much outdoors, and my neighbors have become hopelessly boring.

Even the pets are bored: the two dogs keep looking at me expecting some kind of excitement, and the cat reacts to a neck rub with a look that says: "is that all you've got?"

It looks like the highlight of my day is going to be washing the sheets and making the bed.

Now I am detecting some wonderful aromas from the kitchen, so maybe it is not all lost.

So how exciting has your day been?
It's a bummer you're so bored, Pecos, but I love your post. Clever writing, totally un-boring from beginning to end, and so funny it was actually uplifting. 😊

Back