What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Planted the 2 pots of flowers I bought Saturday.

Our little town made the Eire news, as down town streets flooded.

Since we didn't go into town Saturday,, didn't know anything about it till son emailed me this morning.
High on our hill above it ,where only flooding we get is when township doesn't take care of the ditches.

A dear friend turned 70 last Monday, we sent her a couple of dubious birthday cards but because of the restrictions we couldn't get to see her. The lady, and my wife, are more like sisters than friends, how they have missed one another during lockdown.

This morning I suggested that I go out and buy a small bottle of cognac, the lady's favourite tipple, and we go and see her this evening with her belated birthday gift. My wife was delighted by that and then gave me a short list of other needs whilst I was buying the booze.

At the store's customer service desk, I asked the lady assistant where the cotton wool was and also, could she tell me where they kept the Mascarpone. "Follow me," she said. As we go off to the shelves, a rather largish lady went past, doing her shopping, she was a big girl and her skimpy shorts left ample buttock cleavage on display. The store assistant gave me a smirk, "I didn't look," I lied. Then added, "well it certainly draws the attention."

The assistant's answer was quite a shock. "My dear," she said, "you are the one who draws attention," then added, "we all know you as the fellow with the shirts." What do I say to that? Have I been complimented? When I explained that my wife makes them she answered, "your wife has just got to be the lady with the red hair who looks like she has just stepped off a 1940's film set."

I had to laugh, "right first time," I replied, "but at least you've never seen her buttocks. We both laughed. So what do you think was the shirt that upstaged a cheese cutter pair of skimpy shorts?

Red shirt, woodies & Esther hat 001.JPG

Going in to town (20 miles) to pick up our grocery order from Walmart. Not going in. Our delta cases are rising rapidly. Only 38% vaccinated here :( Also, planning our move back to PA (Erie) and making a list and checking it twice...haha. Can't wait to get "home".
You've wanted this for a long time. So glad for you that it's finally happening!

A dear friend turned 70 last Monday, we sent her a couple of dubious birthday cards but because of the restrictions we couldn't get to see her. The lady, and my wife, are more like sisters than friends, how they have missed one another during lockdown.

This morning I suggested that I go out and buy a small bottle of cognac, the lady's favourite tipple, and we go and see her this evening with her belated birthday gift. My wife was delighted by that and then gave me a short list of other needs whilst I was buying the booze.

At the store's customer service desk, I asked the lady assistant where the cotton wool was and also, could she tell me where they kept the Mascarpone. "Follow me," she said. As we go off to the shelves, a rather largish lady went past, doing her shopping, she was a big girl and her skimpy shorts left ample buttock cleavage on display. The store assistant gave me a smirk, "I didn't look," I lied. Then added, "well it certainly draws the attention."

The assistant's answer was quite a shock. "My dear," she said, "you are the one who draws attention," then added, "we all know you as the fellow with the shirts." What do I say to that? Have I been complimented? When I explained that my wife makes them she answered, "your wife has just got to be the lady with the red hair who looks like she has just stepped off a 1940's film set."

I had to laugh, "right first time," I replied, "but at least you've never seen her buttocks. We both laughed. So what do you think was the shirt that upstaged a cheese cutter pair of skimpy shorts?

View attachment 174359
My favourite colour of Red...really suits you... (y)

90 deg f Here again today...went into North London for lunch and meet up with a few friends.. , .. had Fruit & raw veg salad, with pomegranate Ginger and orange dressing..and a huge Iced coke...(for me).. everybody else had Super chilled beers..

BH-July-2021-HD.jpg

Our pub buddies staying out of the heat of the sun in the conservatory... ( those tables are made of copper if you're wondering why they look wet)..

Sunroom-pub-july-21-HD.jpg

We sat out here for lunch...table on the right .

pub-outdoors-lunch-sun-hot-HD.jpg

An update from my morning post,there were alot of members at church this morning,some I haven't seen in ages LOL! A few I didn't recognize because we still have to wear masks
Wonderful news, we have a new pastor,Rev Todd Leach,the final vote was 152-1.When our Christian educator,Katelynn called Todd&his family back into the sanctuary,announced he was the one,we stood up&gave him a long standing ovation,he was deeply moved. He offically starts on 9/1,his 1st Sun will be 9/12

With another cloudy, rainy day on tap and the bike still waiting for parts, this will be a stay-at-home and do chores type of day. One of those chores will be processing pictures I took Sat. afternoon during a brief, sunny period. The photos were of the homestead and workshop of a 1700's clock-maker that has been lovingly preserved. Below is the first one I processed.

jul17_2021_grafton_willard5.jpg

After finishing these images, lunch and some food prep is in the offing. The bird feeders are empty and I need to siphon some bad gas out of the kid's motorcycle and get it running. The nice thing about retirement is having time to do the things you want to do and not having to do many things you don't like. I am fortunate having few dislikes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back