Some pictures of my recent trip to Southern Spain

I was stationed in the Air Force at Torrejon Air Base just outside Madrid for 3 years. Weather was 90's, sunny and dry all summer, and wet and cloudy all winter. Basically two seasons. Landscape was arid with few trees. My green valley home never looked so good when I came back. Nice place to visit but........

I was stationed in the Air Force at Torrejon Air Base just outside Madrid for 3 years. Weather was 90's, sunny and dry all summer, and wet and cloudy all winter. Basically two seasons. Landscape was arid with few trees. My green valley home never looked so good when I came back. Nice place to visit but........
Madrid is a a long way from Andalucia... :giggle: Southern Spain doesn't have wet winters...except for Algeciras... where they have around 800mm of rain between Nov - March!

The area includes the Tabernas desert , where manyCowboy western movies were filmed...

However, the Sotuh Eastern coastal area, from Almería to Cabo de Gata, and from San José to Playa de los Muertos, is semi-desert as well: the cape of Gata is probably the driest place in Europe, since it receives only 155 mm (6.1 in) of rain per year.

@hollydolly -It's so pretty there! I would love to visit.

Long ago, someone showed me slides (remember those, lol?) of Andalucia and the white towns. So lovely! Thanks for more pics.
Yes almost all traditional Spanish are white.. The one closest to DD is a classi cexample of one..very tiny built on the mountain side..I may have shown you pictures before RR...

Gonna be adding a few more pics to this thread later... (y)

Back