Some pictures of my recent trip to Southern Spain

It must be a lovely life for the dogs, with all that land to roam free in. They look precious :)

How nice to have fruit trees! I had a little lime tree in the garden in Adelaide, and it felt so good to just walk out and pick the fruit. We had almond trees, but the birds always got to them.

I love all the photos you took Hd. Looks like a beautiful country. I've never been there. I hope you had a real good time! 💜
Thank you Ruthanne, it is a beautiful country! My daughter has lived there for close to 10 years. and my husband and I bought a property about 7 hours away from her about 20 years ago and lived there for 10 years... and now we let it out..but we are now in the process of selling it. We go every year to our daughter's area sometimes twice, but when we sell, and my daughter ultimately moves ( she's hoping to sell and move to Australia) we might stop going to Spain and return to Italy, Greece and Cyprus, and the rest of Europe for our vacations...

It must be a lovely life for the dogs, with all that land to roam free in. They look precious :)

How nice to have fruit trees! I had a little lime tree in the garden in Adelaide, and it felt so good to just walk out and pick the fruit. We had almond trees, but the birds always got to them.
The birds don't seem to bother too much with the almond trees , Pinks, but they do go for all the Olive trees and they make a real mess, and then the dogs eat those fallen ones , and they make them ill, so she chops off the tops to make them flat topped ( can't think of the proper name for it) so they are more ornamental than fruitful...

Thank you Ruthanne, it is a beautiful country! My daughter has lived there for close to 10 years. and my husband and I bought a property about 7 hours away from her about 20 years ago and lived there for 10 years... and now we let it out..but we are now in the process of selling it. We go every year to our daughter's area sometimes twice, but when we sell, and my daughter ultimately moves ( she's hoping to sell and move to Australia) we might stop going to Spain and return to Italy, Greece and Cyprus, and the rest of Europe for our vacations...
It's nice to see a lot of different countries, isn't it? I've only been to Canada so far in my life.

It's nice to see a lot of different countries, isn't it? I've only been to Canada so far in my life.
I've been to so many countries in Europe. Lived and worked in Italy & Germany as well, and France of course is just a train ride away from here.

...never been to the USA or Canada, but both my husband and daughter have been. Daughter used to go to the USA & Canada several times a year on business. Hubs' Granny lived in Maine, and as an adult he worked in Banff, around lake Louise, for about 6 months as part of his job... :cool:

If you ever do get the chance to visit Ruthanne, take it...you'll love it.

--
we might stop going to Spain and return to Italy, Greece and Cyprus, and the rest of Europe for our vacations...

Where in Italy do you go? I was born in Abbruzzi (east of Rome, eastern shore), in a tiny town of about 1000 people near Sulmona, nestled between three mountain ranges. I'm assuming you like Tuscany? I read somewhere that it takes 27 Italys to fill the US 48 mainland states.

I don't know what those other flowers are, but they're obviously hummingbird flowers from their shape and color.

--

Where in Italy do you go? I was born in Abbruzzi (east of Rome, eastern shore), in a tiny town of about 1000 people near Sulmona, nestled between three mountain ranges. I'm assuming you like Tuscany? I read somewhere that it takes 27 Italys to fill the US 48 mainland states.

I don't know what those other flowers are, but they're obviously hummingbird flowers from their shape and color.
I lived about 6 hours drive from Rome, in Castel Mella Brescia, , in the Lombardy region which was barely developed then, (Castel Mella) . really just a dusty one horse town.. .. and commuted to work in Verona :cool:

Talking of size of countries.. You can fit the whole of the UK into the USA 31 times.. in fact you can fit the whole of the UK into Oregon...

You may be right about those flowers, the certainly look like a trumpet shape suitable for hummingbirds, but they are very small, so I'm not so sure!! Interesting to ponder...

When did you leave Abbruzzi?

You may be right about those flowers, the certainly look like a trumpet shape suitable for hummingbirds, but they are very small, so I'm not so sure!! Interesting to ponder... When did you leave Abbruzzi?

I left in 1949, just two months after I turned 7, then we went to Caracas, Venezuela. Never went back to Italy, no money to travel.

Yes, the US western states are very large, Texas keeps wanting to become a separate country. LOL

Those flowers could be fuschia or cestrum, I looked it up, both liked by hummers.

A few more...

The Spanish are very religious, God fearing Catholics, most of them...

This is at the entrance to a beach Chiringuito

IMG-1705.jpg

IMG-1704.jpg

Back