Someone took my Amazon delivery

Marie5656

I got a notification today that a package from Amazon was delivered. Packages are usually left on a table in the lobby. So, it was a couple hours before I got around to going down to retrieve it. No package. GONE. Another tenant was passing through and I ranted at him about it. He said...I SAW the package there earlier. So, someone just up and took my package.
I left a politely worded nasty note on the wall above the table. Hope I get it back. :mad::confused:

I got a notification today that a package from Amazon was delivered. Packages are usually left on a table in the lobby. So, it was a couple hours before I got around to going down to retrieve it. No package. GONE. Another tenant was passing through and I ranted at him about it. He said...I SAW the package there earlier. So, someone just up and took my package.
I left a politely worded nasty note on the wall above the table. Hope I get it back. :mad::confused:
wow sorry to hear that i do not see why some feel it is ok to take items that do not belong to them especially if they realize you can see it was delivered

He said...I SAW the package there earlier.
Did he see your name on it? If so, that is really sad that someone would walk off with your package. But, if he didn't see it had your name maybe they didn't really deliver it, did they text a picture when they delivered it? I feel much better when Amazon texts me a picture. There have been a couple times I received a notice that Amazon delivered, and didn't get a picture, and also didn't get the package, but there is no way someone stole it out here in the countryside with only one neighbor (tho now that I think of it, twice my package got delivered at the neighbor's house).

Did he see your name on it? If so, that is really sad that someone would walk off with your package. But, if he didn't see it had your name maybe they didn't really deliver it, did they text a picture when they delivered it? I feel much better when Amazon texts me a picture. There have been a couple times I received a notice that Amazon delivered, and didn't get a picture, and also didn't get the package, but there is no way someone stole it out here in the countryside with only one neighbor (tho now that I think of it, twice my package got delivered at the neighbor's house).
Yes..he saw my name and apt number 404

Sorry to hear that, especially since you can't afford to pay for something & not have the benefit of using whatever it was. Hopefully whoever took it will feel remorse & return it to the lobby or better yet to your door.

I'm so sorry that happened Marie! Some people..SMH!! Yes, I believe Amazon will replace your package. A former neighbor, Denise, called to let Amazon know she never received a package that was allegedly delivered. Amazon sent her another item and a couple of weeks later, my son was coming into the apartment, saw an envelope flapping around on the patio of Denise's next door neighbor (our patio's have a wall & railings, so that they are semi enclosed). He reached in and retrieved it, thinking he'd let Denise's neighbor know there was a package out there. Turns out it was Denise's package, which he gave to her, of course. Denise called Amazon and they told her not to even bother sending it back, just keep both.

Vienna sausage...too funny! I hope you get your sausages back Marie.

Yes, there are cameras. I will talk to apartment manager on Monday if I do not have it back by then. Someone else told me to report it to Amazon, and they SHOULD replace it. We will see
Marie, Monday is a long way away, isn't there anyone you can contact in the morning to look into it? Good luck, hope you get it back, you shouldn't have to hassle going through Amazon, which may or may not help.

Somebody took and opened my Amazon delivery a few weeks ago. Apparently they didn't want it because they brought it back with the package completely open and left it there where the packages are left. It was dog food and also kaopectate...lol...I don't know if they opened it by mistake but at least they put it back. I'm going to make a point of trying to get down there right away for the next package.

yes it's enraging when someone does that, I hate thieves.:mad: I've had porch pirates twice now.. the video ring doorbell caught the first one..and the police took it very seriously..honestly, we thought they wouldn't. Not only did they look at the video footage, the thief was known to them and they arrested him, and he appeared in court, and was fined, and ordered to pay compensation. This was Christmas before last, but needless to say he's not paid anything to us, he probably hasn't paid his fine.

The second, was taken just a few days ago.. but the battery on the Video doorbell needed changing and I knew my delivery wasn't due for 3more days so I was going to change the battery later that day... instead what happened was I was out, the delivery came, and it was taken... .I only know because Amazon said it had been delivered. In the Uk the drivers are supposed to knock and wait for a response before driving off.. and if no response take it back and deliver another day.. and because they didn't.. it gave the opportunists thieves the chance to steal.... I think the thieves follow the delivery vans .

Last edited:
Are you signed up for USPS Informed Delivery? Every morning, even on Sunday, I get an email for USPS Informed Delivery letting me know what is coming in my mail that day. So I usually go downstairs around the time of delivery if I am getting a package. I am signed up to something like that from FedEx so I know if a package is being delivered and around the time. It has not been a problem here yet, but people who live in houses where the delivery is on a porch or door entrance have had that problem too.

Are you signed up for USPS Informed Delivery? Every morning, even on Sunday, I get an email for USPS Informed Delivery letting me know what is coming in my mail that day. So I usually go downstairs around the time of delivery if I am getting a package. I am signed up to something like that from FedEx so I know if a package is being delivered and around the time. It has not been a problem here yet, but people who live in houses where the delivery is on a porch or door entrance have had that problem too.
Yes..but this was delivered by Amazon delivery..which also sends an email of delivery. I just did not go right down, as packages inside, assumed safe

Back