Someone took my Amazon delivery

Marie, hope you get satisfactory results and management puts out an announcement, to prevent any further misdeeds.
Good Luck!

P.S. It's good there's cameras!👍

Someone took my Amazon delivery

That's awful, Marie! Something weird happened to me too, a parcel arrived with my name on it (I never sent for it) , and when I opened it, inside was a bottle full of pills called ******. Now I know my arthritis is a burden to me, and I just grit my teeth and accept it most days, but will these pills help me, I really don't know, but I chucked 6 or 7 down my mouth with a cake and a cup of tea, and I tell you, I'm feeling a bit peculiar? 😊

Marie5656 got ripped off, and I don't want to minimize that. Yet, leaving a box in an open area, and "trusts' that nobody will walk off with it, doesn't know humans. Yeah, we wish we lived in an ethical world, but we don't. We have prisons, because we need them. You have to admit that you don't need to be a skilled, hardened criminal to swipe a box from a porch, or off table in the lobby. If you give people an opportunity, some will use it

I don't leave any packages unattended after being notified that they've been delivered. If we're not home I text a neighbor a request to please grab the packages for us. As @fuzzybuddy said above, there's no reason to tempt a dishonest person, or even a typically honest one.
I would never ask this of a neighbour …..if I was expecting it..I would stay in all day !

Last edited:
I got a notification today that a package from Amazon was delivered. Packages are usually left on a table in the lobby. So, it was a couple hours before I got around to going down to retrieve it. No package. GONE. Another tenant was passing through and I ranted at him about it. He said...I SAW the package there earlier. So, someone just up and took my package.
I left a politely worded nasty note on the wall above the table. Hope I get it back. :mad::confused:
I'm feeling for you and I do hope you get your package back.
BTW, I love that, "...a politely worded nasty note."

Wait until they realize that all they got was a box of THESE (hey, do not judge me. LOL)

View attachment 204795
That reminded me of the day I cleaned out my fridge and freezer. All the too old stuff got tossed in a black plastic garbage bag. My adult son said he would take it to the dump for me. So he tossed the bag into the back of his pickup. But first he stopped at the liquor store for a 6 pack of beer. While he was paying the clerk said "Oh, those guys just stole a bag out of your truck". Son laughed and explained what was in the bag. Then he came home and told me about it, I was somewhat embarrassed, and somewhat amused. They probably thought they were stealing beer bottles, what a disappointment to find garbage in a garbage bag!

Marie5656 got ripped off, and I don't want to minimize that. Yet, leaving a box in an open area, and "trusts' that nobody will walk off with it, doesn't know humans. Yeah, we wish we lived in an ethical world, but we don't. We have prisons, because we need them. You have to admit that you don't need to be a skilled, hardened criminal to swipe a box from a porch, or off table in the lobby. If you give people an opportunity, some will use it
Well at least Amazon is addressing the problem with different methods for receiving packages, e.g., trunk delivery, just inside front door, pick up lock boxes, etc.

I live in an apartment building. Prior to Covid, USPS, UPS, all of the carriers would put a package in front of our individual doors & ring the bell. They stopped doing that March 2020. All parcels are left on a table on the first floor. And I bet they will never go back to the original way---just like my CVS will stick with self checkout only.

It's cheaper & easier for THEM.

Marie, so...any results?
We all would like to hear!🤗
Have not heard back from management. She said she would look at video of the time stamp of my delivery notification. Have not heard back. Not sure if there is much she can do if the video does not show a lot.
But I should get the new delivery from Amazon on Friday. When I am notified it is near my stop I will wait down stairs..or at least go right down when driver gets buzzed in

Have not heard back from management. She said she would look at video of the time stamp of my delivery notification. Have not heard back. Not sure if there is much she can do if the video does not show a lot.
But I should get the new delivery from Amazon on Friday. When I am notified it is near my stop I will wait down stairs..or at least go right down when driver gets buzzed in
It will be cool if you can identify the thief and prevent him or her from doing that to someone else.

fuzzybuddy>
Your post above gave me the desire to share this. A little off topic but IMO this is a big problem in our world and it goes along somewhat with the OP. Take a person who is honest, trusting and loving. All commendable traits. Many in our society view these individuals as naive and easy targets for abuse but in fact they are just good human beings.

This happened to me when I was young and I did not even realize it. In order to survive in this world/my world I had to harden myself against my natural inclination to be honest, trusting and loving lest be eaten alive. I lost my true self in the process and become part of the problem. I had to recognize this negative influence in myself before I could make an attempt to change it.

I had to make the change because I felt I had lost something spiritually positive and good in my life. Something that affected/affects me and the world in a positive manner rather than a negative one. This may be second nature to some but it is a daily challenge for me. Most times if I recognize a negative trait in someone else I own it myself. I apologize for the derailment. If I do not put down my thoughts they go through one ear and out the other rather quickly. Disclaimer: These are just my thoughts. No action necessary. ;)

Back