St. Valentine's Day

Will send my 2 girls a valentine. Also three friends I have had for over 25 years a valentine. My oldest daughter will drop off some chocolate covered strawberries and the youngest will send me a valentine via FB. When I was married or had a partner we would go out to eat a few days before valentine's day to celebrate since it would be crowded on the actual valentine's day.

Great. Another day for lonely people to remind themselves that they have no one
and probably never will.

“Peace begins when expectation ends.”

z8dny.jpg

Last edited:
We'll go out to eat at a fancy Italian place owned by an old friend of mine. I'll get her a funny card with some flowers.

We'll get home around 9 PM. Once she's asleep, I'll grab my oversized violin case, go out to a garage owned by a rival tree company, pull out my Thompson, line up, against the brick wall, the employees who've given me grief the past year, and settle the score, once and for all!

(Relax folks, the preceding paragraph is based on my Chicago past and St. Valentine's Day. It's not really what I will do,)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Valentine's_Day_Massacre

Average spending by relationship status:
  • Average spending for engaged = $85
  • Average spending for in a relationship = $65
  • Average spending for married = $71
  • Average spending for single = $51
  • Men are bigger Valentine’s Day spenders than women, shelling out an average of $85, compared to women’s average spending of $61.50.

Harry said it best..................
Now sometimes words can serve me well
Sometimes words can go to hell
For all that they do
And for every dream that took me high
There's been a dream that's passed me by
I know it's so true
And I can see it clear out to the end
And I'll whisper to her now again
Because she shared my life
For more than all the ghosts of glory
She makes up the story
She's the only story
Of my life

lasting love.jpg

We never went out for dinner on Valentine's day...After work it was a hassle....Hubby would bring me flowers and I would cook a nice dinner...
So we are in another place now, retired, and have friend's that asked us if we want to go out to dinner for Valentine's day....
We will be going to an Italian Restaurant with our friend's....So life is good.....

Happy Valentine's Day to all.....

The most touching Valentines gift I got was when my then boyfriend now husband bought me a Black and white pearl ring with 2 small diamonds .I was 15yrs old at the time and my boyfriend was 16yrs old and we were in high school. He didn't have a job but was great at drawing. After school he painted some decorations on local store windows until he made enough money to buy the ring and flowers. We are married 53yrs now and I still treasure the ring and the memories.

Ladies - what would you consider the "perfect" gift from your SO on Valentine's Day?

1) flowers, candy & card
2) a romantic restaurant meal and maybe a movie
3) stuffed animal
4) lingerie
5) jewelry
6) I'd take just about anything
7) nothing
8) other (specify)

Back