Still Missing

How many people disappear each year?
Of the 900,000 people reported missing each year in the U.S., 50,000 are over the age of 18. Half of missing adults are white, 30% are African American, and 20% are Latino. [2] Half of the 800,000 missing-juvenile cases reported each year are runaways.
Note this is every year.
A lot of ‘missing’ people have gone missing voluntarily. Some people just walk away from their life for a variety of reasons. Most people have thought about it at one time or another. Maybe not seriously, but just “what if.”

That’s not the case here. She was seen waiting for the bus. I have 3 eyewitnesses that would testify to that. Someone grabbed her. There was nothing or no one in her life that have reason to do this.

I have seen a few dead file cases solved as time goes on. Death sometimes brings out the truth. People who were afraid to come out will do so when a suspect dies.

But when I read this I say to myself. Men are terrible. It's about sex and they are predators. If I had a daughter I would have a very frank talk with her and it would be early.

In our city now you can request being let off the bus anywhere you like other than a bus stop. This is at night.

I am reading a book now about a young boy aged 8 who goes missing in the woods near his home. His mom wasn't far behind him. This was in the UK, but the boy's aunt who had an online magazine, began digging everywhere for clues on where to look, how to deal with all the attention, etc. She was delighted to find that the U.S. had refined its methods with results much faster than Britain. This is a painful situation for all involveand the lead investigator was profoundly touched by this case, even a year after it's ending, he was still in therapy. I am in the process of reading it, so I haven't a clue as to its outcome, but 911, I can well understand why you are still on this case. Good luck to you. I do hope you get closure soon.

Yes,
I am reading a book now about a young boy aged 8 who goes missing in the woods near his home. His mom wasn't far behind him. This was in the UK, but the boy's aunt who had an online magazine, began digging everywhere for clues on where to look, how to deal with all the attention, etc. She was delighted to find that the U.S. had refined its methods with results much faster than Britain. This is a painful situation for all involveand the lead investigator was profoundly touched by this case, even a year after it's ending, he was still in therapy. I am in the process of reading it, so I haven't a clue as to its outcome, but 911, I can well understand why you are still on this case. Good luck to you. I do hope you get closure soon.
YES, it would be nice to know what happened.

You'll are probably aware of the 'picking' group of slime balls that prey on females and children at bus stations, subways,
any place they can find a child or female alone, especially run aways of people in difficult that makes it inpossible to return home-if they had a home..
The females are potential prostitution for the pimps, and some of the children-there also 'picking stations' for predators
with a more sinister intent.
Your going to find these people at the sites that provide meals for the homeless-seeking victims.

The Salvation Army, the Missions that provide overnight beds are also 'Picking Places,"
There are no searches for the homeless, the runways, no one knows their missing.
Our society is filled with predators and there are many 'Killing Fields.'

Twenty-nine years ago, I aided in investigating a missing hospital worker in Montgomery County. Today, she is still missing and although we have our suspicions, we can prove nothing.

We believe that she was grabbed as she waited for the bus by someone she probably knew. The young lady, 23, was somewhat mentally challenged, so she probably would have been very trusting.

Even today, this case really bothers me and sometimes keeps me awake at nights. I have gone back to those people that knew her and interviewed them a number of times, hoping that maybe one of that would make a Freudian slip.

I fear the worse, but will not stop looking on my own time now that I am retired and is allowed until she is found; dead or alive. I have nothing but time.

Thanks for reading.
I hope you somehow find the answers. The family deserves to know what happened to her.
As you probably know, cold cases often are solved decades later.

Being in Houston there is the element of Mexicans coming here and stealing young people for reasons I won't go in to.

More likely old white guys a la Jeffrey Epstein, et al. There is a large Mexican population (both permanent and transient) here where I live and they are no more likely to be involved in this kind of crime than than any other group.

Last edited:
More likely old white guys a la Jeffrey Epstein, et al. There is a large Mexican population (both permanent and transient) here where I live and they are no more likely to be involved in this kind of crime than than any other group.
Human trafficking is big business.

You're one of the lucky ones. The most dangerous time for a woman when she is separating from her husband or SO is when she is actually leaving. It infuriates a lot of men to see their woman walk out on them. Many men claim women as property and to see their property leave makes it a very personal issue to many men. We have always suggested to woman who want to leave to never threaten to do it, but just do it. Leave a note, if they must, but no forwarding address. Most importantly, take the little ones with them.
Yes, you're absolutely right. I spent a few weeks living in a hostel for abused women. So many men seem to think they have a right to treat a woman any way they please, and she just has to put up with it. Some of their stories were horrendous. My husband still doesn't think he was doing anything wrong, and still sees himself as the victim because I left him.
The worse thing about it, is that there are so many violent men around.

Yes, you're absolutely right. I spent a few weeks living in a hostel for abused women. So many men seem to think they have a right to treat a woman any way they please, and she just has to put up with it. Some of their stories were horrendous. My husband still doesn't think he was doing anything wrong, and still sees himself as the victim because I left him.
The worse thing about it, is that there are so many violent men around.
I have always told any woman that I interacted with because of a domestic situation that they should consider leaving. Too many women get hit by their SO, call the police and then refuse to sign a complaint. I remind women that if a man hits a woman, it’s easier the second time. I offer to take them to a women’s domestic abuse center, but most won’t leave. I also ask the husband to leave for the night. If the woman has been beaten badly, we don’t need her to sign the complaint, we can sign it for the state.

When I was working at the Erie barracks, we did a one-day women’s self defense clinic. As part of the clinic, we also had a psychologist talk to the women and gave them some very good ideas on how to handle their SO during an abusive situation. Nothing physical, just things that the woman can say and do to appease him and maybe quell the situation.

One of our female state troopers did most of the instructing. She taught the women the 3 vital places to hit a man that may allow them enough time to get away. BTW, we had a very good showing with about 600 women attending.

I remind women that if a man hits a woman, it’s easier the second time
As Oprah said, "If he hits you once, he will hit you again. Get out."
One of her guests was a woman who had been beaten several times. Then the guy set her on fire... amazingly she survived.

Back