Stress, especially prolonged stress and covid.

chic

SF VIP
The effect of prolonged stress on a person's immune system is a scientific fact. Has anyone, besides me, considered this? If you allow yourself to be scared witless, you could be doing more harm to your body during this time than you realize whether you are fully vaccinated or not.

Could this be part of the reason why so many fully vaccinated individuals are contracting covid when they believed the vaccine would protect them? Just thinking out loud because for many the vaccine is not an option due to their personal medical history or religious beliefs. :unsure:

The effect of prolonged stress on a person's immune system is a scientific fact. Has anyone, besides me, considered this? If you allow yourself to be scared witless, you could be doing more harm to your body during this time than you realize whether you are fully vaccinated or not.

Could this be part of the reason why so many fully vaccinated individuals are contracting covid when they believed the vaccine would protect them? Just thinking out loud because for many the vaccine is not an option due to their personal medical history or religious beliefs. :unsure:
All perfectly feasible Chic, stress really ravages the body..

However where C-19 is concerned I also wonder, despite the WHO or equivalents stating that the virus isn't transferable through touch but just through the air.. I wonder if that's true.

I know people who never wear a mask, but are religious in cleaning hands with Isopropyl alcohol and aloe vera.. several times a day .. have not got sick... and conversely there have people who've abandoned the strict hand washing and still wear a mask, have succumbed to the illness..

It's just supposition... but it's possible because so far the rules for this Pandemic changes week by week ..so I continue to use the hand washes and trolley washes at the supermarkets.. and carry hand wipes , wash and spray my hands whenever I leave any public areas where I may have touched anything. ...

The little i know stress evolved as evolutionary trait so when we were faced with danger, our body responded and we had the flight/fight response. The stress levels lowered once the situation was resolved. Scroll forward thousands of years and we live in a society where there is always stress from the noise levels in the a city, work, financial survival etc and now Covid on top of all of this. Stress seems to be insidious as it affects our bodies and we don't really realize it at times. Other times such as with Covid or after 911 many of can feel the physical signs of stress constantly which i am sure harms us tremendously.
Best book I've read was The Balance Within: The Science connecting Health and Emotions by Esther Sternberg. Seems to be a growing area of research although i am not too up to date on it all but it is something i am concerned about wrto long term health

There's little doubt that stress affects the immune system. See: Articles on The Effect Of Stress On Immune System. There's now little doubt in my mind that lockdowns and masking are both unnatural and stressful. As for what exactly that stress might do to one's immune system would likely vary from one individual to another but the ability to fight infectious diseases would be right up there. .

It has been well-known for a long time that stress is bad for us, lowers the immune system, and causes a multitude of illnesses. But saying that "Fully vaccinated people are contracting Covid" due to stress, and therefore the stress is the important factor, not the vaccination or lack thereof, is tossing a red herring into the argument.

If stress is such a big factor in getting the disease, here's the way to test it: Separate the test population into two groups, those who have been vaccinated and those who haven't. Then, within each group, see how stressed-out each individual is.

If stress is what's really causing people to get sick from Covid, the percentage of people suffering from stress who get the disease would be much higher, irrespective of whether they had received the vaccine or not. In other words, the vaccine would be irrelevant.

The fact is, stress is always bad for us, all the time, vaccinated or not. But with or without stress, nearly all the deaths from Covid at the present time, at least in the U.S., are in the unvaccinated population. People who are fully vaccinated can be as stressed as hell for a multitude of reasons, but they are not dying of Covid.

What religion doesn't allow vaccinations?

All perfectly feasible Chic, stress really ravages the body..

However where C-19 is concerned I also wonder, despite the WHO or equivalents stating that the virus isn't transferable through touch but just through the air.. I wonder if that's true.

I know people who never wear a mask, but are religious in cleaning hands with Isopropyl alcohol and aloe vera.. several times a day .. have not got sick... and conversely there have people who've abandoned the strict hand washing and still wear a mask, have succumbed to the illness..

It's just supposition... but it's possible because so far the rules for this Pandemic changes week by week ..so I continue to use the hand washes and trolley washes at the supermarkets.. and carry hand wipes , wash and spray my hands whenever I leave any public areas where I may have touched anything. ...
Me too, wearing mask and cleaning hands before entering and when leaving a store, wiping down cart handles. Will probably continue for years what with the variants (mutations, which the more cases the more opportunities for the virus to mutate) popping up.

Me too, wearing mask and cleaning hands before entering and when leaving a store, wiping down cart handles. Will probably continue for years what with the variants (mutations, which the more cases the more opportunities for the virus to mutate) popping up.
I absolutely agree, I was saying this just yesterday, that I will continue with this , it's become a habit now ...

Christian Scientists.
I remember there had been issues in the past, so I looked it up and found this:

On the other hand, our practice isn’t a dogmatic thing. Church members are free to make their own choices on all life-decisions, in obedience to the law, including whether or not to vaccinate their children. These aren’t decisions imposed by their church. - Source.​

1) Yes it's a fact but remember it is true of ALL health issues from allergies to cancers to brain function (one of the worst things an older person can do is to panic and stress they're going senile because they experience a some forgetfulness--always consider if you've been under stress). Stress makes everything worse--we even tend to 'feel' pain more intensely when stressed.
2) From what i know of the 'Placebo Effect' anyone who truly believes the vaccine will protect them should be less stressed. Tho the fact that there are at least 3 variants out there already can be a factor of concern.
3) Taking reasonable, sensible precautions can actually REDUCE stress. i spent my first decade in Hurricane country, the preparations we made at start of the season helped us feel safer. My Dad always said 'Prepare for the worst case scenario, then you're also prepared for any event less than the worst and anything less than the worst is a relief to you.'

It has been well-known for a long time that stress is bad for us, lowers the immune system, and causes a multitude of illnesses. But saying that "Fully vaccinated people are contracting Covid" due to stress, and therefore the stress is the important factor, not the vaccination or lack thereof, is tossing a red herring into the argument.

If stress is such a big factor in getting the disease, here's the way to test it: Separate the test population into two groups, those who have been vaccinated and those who haven't. Then, within each group, see how stressed-out each individual is.

If stress is what's really causing people to get sick from Covid, the percentage of people suffering from stress who get the disease would be much higher, irrespective of whether they had received the vaccine or not. In other words, the vaccine would be irrelevant.

The fact is, stress is always bad for us, all the time, vaccinated or not. But with or without stress, nearly all the deaths from Covid at the present time, at least in the U.S., are in the unvaccinated population. People who are fully vaccinated can be as stressed as hell for a multitude of reasons, but they are not dying of Covid.
Yes!!!! Just posted a similar reply.

Sometimes I wonder if the stress and anxiety can turn the virus and other situations into one's worst nightmare/self fulfilling prophecy.

Some panic at the sight of blood so one has to wonder how being tested positve for the virus affects them.

Back