Stylish Seniors That Prove Age Is Just A Number

Well, THANK YOU! How sweet of you!
I was a ballroom dance instructor in two different studios , and when i married, was thrown into the music business, which was all pretense! This could be a factor of why I give no credence to things I consider of no importance, like clothing, jewelry adornments of the body.

Love and qualities of the soul, the expansion of happiness, knowledge,, spiritual growth; these are the things that matter.
You are most kind!
What a charming way of saying thank you, it just underlines your considerate character. I appreciate your reply.

Horseless...you and your wife are exquisite! :love:

As for the OP: Most of them look fabulous. There's a gentleman and a couple of ladies who's styles I don't care for.

@Gary O' Re: You in a suit. They should have chosen you to be "The Most Interesting Man Alive" (ad campaign for Dos Equis beer). Better than that new guy they replaced the handsome, distinguished gray haired gentleman with.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Most_Interesting_Man_in_the_World

Hubby and I, living in the southernmost point of South Texas consider ourselves living in the tropics and therefore, wear the least clothing. Birthday suits are the best attire for us!

Just kidding about the birthday suits.

We reside in Edinburg (neighboring city is McAllen). I'll never forget the days prior to moving to the 'valley'. I had heard horror stories about the valley while growing up and was petrified. I cried and cried on my last visit with my family physician; I stressed to him that I had NEVER been away from my hometown and my family.
1901516_10200901623622173_791677135_n.jpg

Last edited:
I applaud you and your wife for dressing up and living life to its' fullest @horseless carriage .
Pam, you and the members of this forum have made me feel so welcome. My wife is not one for social media, but she does look over my shoulder now and then, just to keep tabs on me. (I jest.)
There is a story behind one of those photos, you might appreciate it, but you need a little background first.
At the end of WW2, all the serving members of the British Armed forces were given what has become known as their demob outfit.

At the demobilisation centre, men exchanged their service uniform for civilian clothes. The demob suit was just one part of a complete set of clothes. According to the Imperial War Museum, the full outfit included:

A variety of other items are sometimes said to have been supplied, the list varying according to the source, including gloves, underwear, socks, and bowler hats. In addition, men were given a special allocation of clothing coupons with which to buy any extra items they might need,

Fast forward sixty three years and my family are at the funeral of my favourite aunt, she was the wife of my Dad's youngest brother. I adored my uncle and I had something of a schoolboy crush on his beautiful bride. Their first born, my cousin, a beauty like her mother, has had a wonderful relationship with me, we are more like brother and sister than we are cousins.

At her mother's funeral, my cousin and sister were in conversation, nosey to know what they where talking about, I rudely interrupted them. Although I was chastised they shared with me a photo that I had never seen before. It depicted me with my parents when I was two years old. Later, I found out that my father was wearing his demob suit. Oh wow, just look at that suit.

portobello market.jpg

So impressed was I that I took the photo along to my tailor who filled in the blanks, given that it was a black & white photo and he made me this suit, with which I am absolutely delighted.

suit 002.JPG
What freaks me though, my age in my photo is about 35 years older than my Dad in his photo. You just can't be older than your Dad.

Pam, you and the members of this forum have made me feel so welcome. My wife is not one for social media, but she does look over my shoulder now and then, just to keep tabs on me. (I jest.)
There is a story behind one of those photos, you might appreciate it, but you need a little background first.
At the end of WW2, all the serving members of the British Armed forces were given what has become known as their demob outfit.

At the demobilisation centre, men exchanged their service uniform for civilian clothes. The demob suit was just one part of a complete set of clothes. According to the Imperial War Museum, the full outfit included:

A variety of other items are sometimes said to have been supplied, the list varying according to the source, including gloves, underwear, socks, and bowler hats. In addition, men were given a special allocation of clothing coupons with which to buy any extra items they might need,

Fast forward sixty three years and my family are at the funeral of my favourite aunt, she was the wife of my Dad's youngest brother. I adored my uncle and I had something of a schoolboy crush on his beautiful bride. Their first born, my cousin, a beauty like her mother, has had a wonderful relationship with me, we are more like brother and sister than we are cousins.

At her mother's funeral, my cousin and sister were in conversation, nosey to know what they where talking about, I rudely interrupted them. Although I was chastised they shared with me a photo that I had never seen before. It depicted me with my parents when I was two years old. Later, I found out that my father was wearing his demob suit. Oh wow, just look at that suit.

View attachment 175154

So impressed was I that I took the photo along to my tailor who filled in the blanks, given that it was a black & white photo and he made me this suit, with which I am absolutely delighted.

View attachment 175156
What freaks me though, my age in my photo is about 35 years older than my Dad in his photo. You just can't be older than your Dad.
What a wonderful reply, thank you for sharing.

Hubby and I, living in the southernmost point of South Texas consider ourselves living in the tropics and therefore, wear the least clothing. Birthday suits are the best attire for us!

Just kidding about the birthday suits.

We reside in Edinburg (neighboring city is McAllen). I'll never forget the days prior to moving to the 'valley'. I had heard horror stories about the valley while growing up and was petrified. I cried and cried on my last visit with my family physician; I stressed to him that I had NEVER been away from my hometown and my family.
View attachment 175157
You are right down there in the hottest and most humid part of Texas. I went down there on a fishing trip during the summer many decades ago and it was miserable. The only fish we caught were garfish and not only are they the ugliest fish on the planet, they do NOT taste good either. We lived about 1/2 mile from the river about 17 miles to the South-east of ElPaso. Our temps would match yours, but our humidity was much more agreeable. I worked in the cotton fields with Mexicans who came up from the interior mountainous regions.

I can understand why you cried. I was nine when we moved from Northern Idaho to ElPaso.

The Queen. She always looks fabulous. Her style is classic, classy and reminds me so much of my mother's style. The suit in the top left picture is something my mother definitely would've worn. It's her all the way. Same with the hat. The Queen certainly isn't afraid of color either. I love this orange!

external-content.duckduckgo-3.jpgQueen 2.jpgexternal-content.duckduckgo-4.jpg

The Queen. She always looks fabulous. Her style is classic, classy and reminds me so much of my mother's style. The suit in the top left picture is something my mother definitely would've worn. It's her all the way. Same with the hat. The Queen certainly isn't afraid of color either. I love this orange!

View attachment 175185View attachment 175186View attachment 175189

LOL, of course you love that orange. It has already been firmly established that orange is “your color” and you look great in it.

Thank you, all who have posted to this thread.

My mother was a great seamstress who made a lot of my clothing.
She & I enjoyed dressing up to go shopping.
She would be disappointed with the style of clothes I wear.

Like a few other ladies have said wardrobes consist of jeans, shorts, t shirts, sweat shirts for colder weather.

We have a class reunion coming up soon.
Been wanting something new to wear,,look in closet & think they haven't seen this or that.

Did order couple of things online,,so far disappointed with the items.

Looking at all the fancy clothing the ladies are wearing gives me some ideas.

If I didnt oil paint I would wear nicer clothes. I shopped a lot last year and even this year decided to update my wardrobe. I have not worn 3 of 4 specfic outfits. Its aweful. And i was telling my husband just yesterday I need to go to the dollar store to get cheap paint clothes. 😭

The newspapers are full of Mick Jagger celebrating his 80th birthday.
mick at 80.jpg
He has kept his hair, not a grey streak in sight.
Another octogenarian has been in the press of
late, his hair might have succumbed to age but
at eighty-one he must have found the famous
elixir of youth, how does he do it?
Harrison.jpg

LOL, of course you love that orange. It has already been firmly established that orange is “your color” and you look great in it.
Thank you so much MDB ❣️ Very sorry for the long delay. I just saw your reply!

Last edited:

Back