Sydney is rocked by another stabbing rampage : Priest and worshippers attacked

funny in UK after WWII there was hardly any violence anywhere until the 'teddyboy' era - maybe wars calm people down??
War against a common enemy tends to unite us. I seem to remember after 9/11 that the US was pretty much united, although there was some misplaced anger against Middle Easterners. Now we are divided on both the war in Ukraine and the war in Gaza. Seems we need to be personally attacked before we are all on the same page. :(

War against a common enemy tends to unite us. I seem to remember after 9/11 that the US was pretty much united, although there was some misplaced anger against Middle Easterners. Now we are divided on both the war in Ukraine and the war in Gaza. Seems we need to be personally attacked before we are all on the same page. :(
...bit like siblings... they fight like cat and dogs among themselves at times... but let any outsider attack one of them you have the whole pack on you...

There are Crazies all over the place no way to figure it all out. What drives the mind of a violent personality. Understanding them and it all
is for those who center on that stuff. Crazy is Crazy, no fix, not a pill or a exercise it can take. Its fo' evah! There are also actions that the Priests have done that were really crazy. You know the Crazy places are mostly all empty now, the lawns still mowed though. Now that's really crazy.
Hope the bad stuff has come to an end for them in their Region.
Define “Crazies”? I admit to having crazy moments in life, however, I wouldn’t butcher a priest. There may be other reasons beside crazy for that teenager to carry out what he did at church before witnesses and YouTube broadcasting. I wonder if the young man was coaxed or influenced by third-party influence(s). Did he have a social life or was he a loner?
The perpetrator was obviously sending a message and I don’t believe the whole story has been told.

We already have laws prohibiting knives designed for killing people such as daggers and swords. It is really hard to import such weapons into Australia. However, I reckon I have knives in my kitchen with which I could do a lot of damage to someone if I so chose.
this is the problem we have here. Youngsters are able to just buy a knife from any store including supermarkets as long as they're over 18 or have the ID of someone over 18.. or they can steal them.. easily enough.

The teen terrorist accused of stabbing a western Sydney church leader during a service had recently been given a good behaviour bond for knife crime.

The teenager, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was charged with a number of offences after an incident at a Sydney train station in November last year, reported the ABC.

The charges included possessing a flick knife, being armed with a weapon with intent to commit an indictable offence, stalking and/or intimidation and recklessly destroy or damage property.

He had been on bail before a court appearance in January where the charges were 'proven' but dismissed with the good behaviour bond.

The outlet reported there were no supervision orders in place when he allegedly carried out the attack on Monday night.
83689245-0-A_boy_16_pictured_has_been_arrested_over_a_terror_attack_at_a_ch-a-6_1713264792683.jpg

Father Isaac Royel, who serves in the Assyrian ministry at St Shimun Bar Sabbae and St Mary Cathedral, was among many parishioners who attempted to intervene - and as a result he allegedly suffered lacerations and a shoulder wound.

Churchgoers said they had seen the alleged offender wandering the perimeter of the church before the attack and said he stood out from the regular parishioners.

'He knew the service was being live-streamed and he waited for the camera to turn on before the (alleged) attack,' said Mary Anoya.

Both men and the 16-year-old boy were taken to hospital with non-life threatening injuries, where the teen remains under police guard.

Now, a relative has revealed the family's shock over last night's event, describing the boy as a 'quiet teenager' who was 'not a terrorist or ISIS sympathiser'.

Sydney church stabbing: Alleged teen terrorist, 16, accused of stabbing bishop was on a good behaviour bond for knife crime​

By Eliza Mcphee For Daily Mail Australia
Published: 11:55, 16 April 2024 | Updated: 11:57, 16 April 2024

+99
Home

The alleged teen terrorist accused of stabbing a western Sydney church leader during a service had recently been given a good behaviour bond for knife crime.
The teenager, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was charged with a number of offences after an incident at a Sydney train station in November last year, reported the ABC.
The charges included possessing a flick knife, being armed with a weapon with intent to commit an indictable offence, stalking and/or intimidation and recklessly destroy or damage property.
He had been on bail before a court appearance in January where the charges were 'proven' but dismissed with the good behaviour bond.
The outlet reported there were no supervision orders in place when he allegedly carried out the attack on Monday night.
The 16-year-old boy allegedly lunged at Bishop Mar Mari Emmanuel, 53, and stabbed him in the head during his sermon at Christ The Good Shepherd Church in Wakeley, in Sydney's west, at about 7pm on Monday.
The alleged teen terrorist accused of stabbing a western Sydney church leader during a service had recently been given a good behaviour bond for knife crime

The alleged teen terrorist accused of stabbing a western Sydney church leader during a service had recently been given a good behaviour bond for knife crime
The alleged attack was live streamed over the church's YouTube page

The alleged attack was live streamed over the church's YouTube page
TRENDING

Muslim pupil loses High Court challenge against ban on prayer rituals

14.7k viewing now

How has Britain's secretive richest man flown under the radar?

139k viewing now

Family faces brutal hospital bills after Brit suffers coma in Cambodia

4.2k viewing now

Father Isaac Royel, who serves in the Assyrian ministry at St Shimun Bar Sabbae and St Mary Cathedral, was among many parishioners who attempted to intervene - and as a result he allegedly suffered lacerations and a shoulder wound.

Churchgoers said they had seen the alleged offender wandering the perimeter of the church before the attack and said he stood out from the regular parishioners.

'He knew the service was being live-streamed and he waited for the camera to turn on before the (alleged) attack,' said Mary Anoya.

Both men and the 16-year-old boy were taken to hospital with non-life threatening injuries, where the teen remains under police guard.

Now, a relative has revealed the family's shock over last night's event, describing the boy as a 'quiet teenager' who was 'not a terrorist or ISIS sympathiser'.

Bishop Mar Mari Emmanuel (pictured)

Father Isaac Royel

Bishop Emmanuel (left) and Father Royel (right) were rushed to hospital with non-life-threatening injuries

'His parents are freaking out, they didn’t know what to do or why this happened,' the relative said.

'He’s just a kid who spends a lot of time at home but he doesn’t even have a computer. I know what has been reported what he said but it doesn’t fit with this kid

'He’s really quiet... He's been looking to leave school and get a job, maybe in construction.'

The boy is one of three children. His taxi driver father is a Lebanese immigrant who moved to Australia 25 years ago and the family live in a humble home in south-west Sydney.

The relative said the teen’s parents live 'like ordinary Aussies', but on Monday had become concerned when their son left home and did not return.

Alleged teen terrorist was on a good behaviour bond for knife crime

Our world has gone crazy.
I agree Patty. Every time I hear about these stories, I think "the world has gone mad!" Unfortunately these horrible incidences have become commonplace in the U.S. but I'm surprised to see them happening in places like Australia! These stabbings are a nightmare come true. Those poor victims!
@Warrigal bless those parishioners for jumping in to save their Bishop. I didn't watch the videos. Did the bishop survive?
@Della...I can't believe the crowd attacked the police! Did they want to get into the church to see what was going on but were stopped? Seems like another "WTH is WRONG with people?!" scenario.
:(

Last edited:
I agree Patty. Every time I hear about these stories, I think "the world has gone mad!" Unfortunately these horrible incidences have become commonplace in the U.S. but I'm surprised to see them happening in places like Australia! These stabbings are a nightmare come true. Those poor victims!

@Warrigal bless those parishioners for jumping in to save their Bishop. I didn't watch the videos. Did the bishop survive?
@Della...I can't believe the crowd attacked the police! Did they want to get into the church to see what was going on but were stopped? Seems like another "WTH is WRONG with people?!" scenario.
:(
This crime is surprising coming from Sydney Australia. Luckily there have strict gun laws. If the weapon were a gun, these victims lost likely would not be alive . Gun laws really DO make a difference.

@

@Della...I can't believe the crowd attacked the police! Did they want to get into the church to see what was going on but were stopped? Seems like another "WTH is WRONG with people?!" scenario. :(

This crime is surprising coming from Sydney Australia. Luckily there have strict gun laws. If the weapon were a gun, these victims lost likely would not be alive . Gun laws really DO make a difference.
The bishop and the local priest only suffered minor wounds. The assailant had wounds to one hand. I'm pretty sure it was not from the parishioners deliberately cutting off one or more fingers.

I am not surprised that it happened here. There is a lot of hatred being stirred up via the internet that seems to affect some people to act out. Somehow they seem to think they are being righteous in their attacks.

People who are loving towards their fellow men and women seldom act violently in this way.

@

The bishop and the local priest only suffered minor wounds. The assailant had wounds to one hand. I'm pretty sure it was not from the parishioners deliberately cutting off one or more fingers.

I am not surprised that it happened here. There is a lot of hatred being stirred up via the internet that seems to affect some people to act out. Somehow they seem to think they are being righteous in their attacks.

People who are loving towards their fellow men and women seldom act violently in this way.
I’m just glad nobody got fatally injured. It just goes to show that gun laws really CAN make a difference.

Back