Terrible Xmas Presents For The Opposite Sex

As an intelligent man my gift giving philosophy is simple, set the bar low right from the start. The problem with buying nice thoughtful gifts is every year you need to up the game, before you know it gifts are costing you thousands of dollars and hours of shopping to find them. Screw that!

Start cheap and underwhelming, gotta keep expectations low!

Yes I am divorced, how did you know?

For my first Christmas with my dear late husband, he gave me 3 things ...but wait for it.
He gave me a wool headband, a small travel clock (this was 1976), and a pair of wool socks.
I was a little disappointed but acted thrilled.

BUT THEN... He gave me the travel plans for a week-long famous Ski Resort vacation package in Canada complete with Ski Lessons for two, all meals included lots of perks!

Amazing how cheap and 'one-way' some people can be. My EX wanted my $250 wedding band back(that we bought with my credit card) but she flat refused to give back her $6500 ring(with 1 carat marquise diamond & baguettes) that we bought on contract from a jeweler in my name.
...but I don't hold that against her. :ROFLMAO:
Nathan, your last few words reminded me of the old music hall song:

If I said you have a beautiful body
Would you hold it against me?

Fancy toilet bowel brushes.
New tires
vaccuum
cookie sheets
Nice cooking, crock pot ,dutch oven, fryer pans, breadmaker.
new window screens for the whole ;house
new light fixtures and ceiling fan
new winter wool coat so beautifully made in olive green. I still have that coat even though it no longer fits me. .

Many ladies did not appreciate these types of things but i LOVED them, all things I would use, item to make taking care of the home quicker and easier for me. Yes, there were times I did get jewelry or we would take a trip

I think some of those things are fine if you've been married for a number of years. However, if I were dating and I had a boyfriend who gave me a frying pan, I might be tempted to hit him over the head with it. But I was never a big fan of frying pans as a gift anyway.
Well I'd never give you a frying pan. Why arm a potential adversary?

I think some of those things are fine if you've been married for a number of years. However, if I were dating and I had a boyfriend who gave me a frying pan, I might be tempted to hit him over the head with it. But I was never a big fan of frying pans as a gift anyway.
My wife likes frying pans exactly for the reason you've mentioned. But until now she hasn't used them in that way. I always advise against it with the argument that she has to clean all the blood afterwards:ROFLMAO:.

Back