The JonBenét Ramsey Case

The cops swarmed the place. Two patrol officers were called to the residence. They were shown the body. They then requested a detective and a CSI team. At that point, their very next course of action should have been to clear the residence and grounds and tape it off.

When the child went missing, John and his neighbor searched the house and ‘he’ found the body in the basement. Then, he carried her upstairs. Why? My thought was that he wanted to mark the body with his DNA. Why would he do this? Maybe to protect someone?

I sure would like to get a look at the files.

The cops swarmed the place. Two patrol officers were called to the residence. They were shown the body. They then requested a detective and a CSI team. At that point, their very next course of action should have been to clear the residence and grounds and tape it off.

When the child went missing, John and his neighbor searched the house and ‘he’ found the body in the basement. Then, he carried her upstairs. Why? My thought was that he wanted to mark the body with his DNA. Why would he do this? Maybe to protect someone?

I sure would like to get a look at the files.
Everything about this case stinks to me.

I don't believe for a second that this was a case of straight murder (outside of the family).

I do believe (and am convinced) a cover-up unfolded.

Too many questions and no answers. If your daughter went missing, why would you get the neighbor to help you search the house? And when ‘you’ found the daughter, why would ‘you’ make sure that the neighbor was with ‘you’ at that particular time?

Killers do this as a form of having an alibi. They (John & the neighbor) did not go directly to the basement. They searched throughout the house and when they didn’t find her, John said that is when he thought that she may be in the wine cellar.

There are a few really good detectives here in the U.S. that had they been called in to investigate this homicide, I believe that the outcome may have been different. I thoroughly trust Tom Brennan from Harrisburg and a New York detective named Ken Brennan, no relation to Tom. These 2 men are the real deal.

Am I wrong in my way of thinking... accidentally - purposely?

I think it's a stretch to think the police purposely let the crime scene be screwed up. What would be their motive in doing that? Doesn't make sense. More likely they were just grossly careless; and didn't I read somewhere that this was their first murder or nearly the first? This sounds to me more like they just didn't know what they were doing.

I think it's a stretch to think the police purposely let the crime scene be screwed up. What would be their motive in doing that? Doesn't make sense. More likely they were just grossly careless; and didn't I read somewhere that this was their first murder or nearly the first? This sounds to me more like they just didn't know what they were doing.
It definitely leaves a lot open to speculation for sure, but when cases go so far sideways to the extent that this case did, I have a difficult time ruling out anything and everything, and I trust no one.

It definitely leaves a lot open to speculation for sure, but when cases go so far sideways to the extent that this case did, I have a difficult time ruling out anything and everything, and I trust no one.

But what motive could the police have had for intentionally bungling the case?

There's a thing called Hanlon's Razor which advises: "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity." I think here we could substitute "incompetence" for "stupidity."

But what motive could the police have had for intentionally bungling the case?

There's a thing called Hanlon's Razor which advises: "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity." I think here we could substitute "incompetence" for "stupidity."
Having a close relationship with the Ramsey's...

Other unknown reason or reasons outside that of the general public's knowledge...

I like to look at al angles when it comes to cases such as this. Everyone and everything is suspect in my books.

Having a close relationship with the Ramsey's...

Other unknown reason or reasons outside that of the general public's knowledge...

I like to look at al angles when it comes to cases such as this. Everyone and everything is suspect in my books.

"Having a close relationship with the Ramsey's..."

You know the Ramsey's ?

Then who killed the little girl ?

IMO it was a family member.

I always thought in a case like that or any for that matter................. if you were to find a body to not move it .....touch as little as possible ..........note anything you did touch.... even the handwritten note made no sense .......
too many things appeared to be staged........ as if someone watched a few crime themed shows....

I always thought it was the family ..... coupled with a police department that had very little if any homicide experience....
with intense media coverage doomed this to remain a mystery.

There’s the DNA that’s not a match to anyone in the family.
It was just on 20/20 last Friday, the family of Lew Smith, the investigator has gotten the files and have taken over where it was left upon his death, his granddaughters have a podcast”The Victims Shoes” that takes on some of the aforementioned theories.

Unfortunately, due to Burke Ramsey's perma-smirking (what a creep), I am unable to watch the video.

I think his 'smirk' might just be his facial shape ....... strongly resembling his mother.

He is my main suspect though ?

The one i cannot stand ........ PERIOD is Dr Phil

JonBenet had been in a Christmas pageant float parading through town as a little pageant queen where she was seen and applauded by the crowds. I think in that crowd was her killer, perhaps. But there was such a wealth of convoluted evidence presented by the family, the ransom note being one. It looked like a red herring to me.

JonBenet and her family had been out visiting that night where she ate crushed pineapple, found in her stomach upon autopsy. Patsy Ramsey had been a pageant queen herself as a child, and thought it gave a girl a good start in life and I suppose it can, but not for poor little JonBenet. She had a bedwetting problem which her mother found annoying. One theory was that she had wet her jammies on the night she died and Patsy bathed her and JonBenet cracked her skull on the tub's edge and died but the family concocted a home invasion and ransom threat to confuse the police with the idea that it may have been an outside job.

I don't know who killed JonBenet but hers remains on of the most intriguing unsolved cases of the 20th century.

Can I just add...that I'm intrigued by the unsolved case of Chandra Levy.
Do we have a thread on her?
I'll look.

Oh. and re: Jon Benet, I feel the whole fam is in on it...jmo
And Patsy wrote the ransom note. jmo
I don't think we do, so would love for you to start a thread on her, Dob.

Back