The Vintage Diner

serveimage

The Jug - Diner and Bar, Middlebourne, WV.
Heard lots of stories about this place from aunts and uncles when I was a kid. It's still there. Just Google Streetviewed it.

the jug.jpg

Georgia style diner

IMG_4395.JPG

Anyone ever try Brunswick stew and pork barbecue? Often served with a bag of Lay's chips and a loaf of Sunbeam bread, right on the table.:cool:

thumb_600.jpg

Forgot to include the indoor shot

racing.jpg

Last edited:
For years, when I delivered Millbrook bread, I ate breakfast at the Jet Diner in Marcy, NY. The cook was a guy named Star and he could have a ton of orders going all at one. Talk about multi tasking. Two eggs, two link sausage and coffee. About a buck fifty.

Nancy, you mean you're really gonna move those "olden arches" down the block to them Golden arches"!:confused: BTW we scraped the grits off the menu!:playful:

Nancy, you mean you're really gonna move those "olden arches" down the block to them Golden arches"! BTW we scraped the grits off the menu!
Good! I only eat grits with sugar, and that's not allowed in Georgia.

Oh, them golden arches,
Oh, them golden arches,
Golden arches, I'm gonna go.
The biscuits can't be beat!

:)o I'll be better after I get back on my meds.:rolleyes:)

Paul Newman movie, Nobody's Fool, 1994.

hqdefault.jpg

This is Hattie's Diner from that movie. It was filmed around the Hudson, NY, area.

NobodysFools-09-Intro-HattiesDiner.jpg

The Diner is still there, but is currently named Grazin Diner.

columbia.jpg

HV-Rob's Blog (2015) shows before and after shots of many scenes from that movie. Sounds like it might be good.

Has anyone here seen it? Is it worth watching?

John Kennedy was virtually unknown in much of the U.S. when he began to search for support for his candidacy for president. This is a photo of John and Jacqueline having breakfast at a diner in a small town in Oregon in the fall of 1959. They had spent the night before at the Let ‘Er Buck Motel, Pendleton, Oregon.

jfk.jpg

Let 'Er Buck Motel ;)

leterbuckinnB.jpg

Thanks, Nancy for that early picture of JFK.

1959-Portland-OR-airport2-390.jpg

October 1959: Sparse greeting committee on hand as JFK, Jackie, & Pierre Salinger arrive in Portland, Oregon. Photo, Jacques Lowe.

Gardner Illinois about 60 miles southwest of Chicago along historic Route 66 has a 1932 diner, a converted horse-drawn streetcar, which no longer serves food.
15823653_1348178391921853_8984591079911034001_n.jpg

Back