These people must be prosecuted and imprisoned.

Big Horn

I believe that citizens of one nation should not comment on the culture of another nation. However, this incident violates any realistic standard of ethics and morality. I will mention that an American truck (lorry) driver who purposely drove into a group of deer received a seven year prison sentence—he should have been executed.

This was no accident; it was wanton murder.

Warning: this is graphic.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-race-just-one-day-decapitating-duckling.html

I believe that citizens of one nation should not comment on the culture of another nation. However, this incident violates any realistic standard of ethics and morality. I will mention that an American truck (lorry) driver who purposely drove into a group of deer received a seven year prison sentence—he should have been executed.

This was no accident; it was wanton murder.

I can not tell if you are talking about deer or ducks. In your post you talk about deer but the web site you list is about ducks.
Murder ? Should have been executed ? Seems pretty far out there. It is not possible to murder an animal. A person could kill an animal but not murder it. Murder is a term reserved EXCLUSSIVELY for the illegal killing of a human being.

Sick, sick, sick!!! The same thing happened here except by prep school teens with bats. That's how serial killers start their careers.

Yes, birds. And it says right there on the link--ducklings.

Yes of course laws can be changed and I'd love to see it happen when it comes to animals being murdered... However it's a minefield of a subject. What about road kill..accidentally running over a deer in the dark that's run out from a field in front of you in the pitch dark..or a fox.. ..or squirrels, or birds who fly into your windscreen....would you have a murder wrap for those situations for example..

I would think an accident wouldn't be called murder.

Lesser charges are usually called manslaughter or negligent homicide but both of those terms refer to humans.

I guess cruelty to animals is what we have. I can't think of anything else.

Has it been determined if they were ducks or deer?

Disgusting. Yes you can murder an animal.

Please explain how you think an animal can be murdered ? Deer are hunted and killed but that is not MURDER. It is perfectly legal. Cows, swine and chickens are slaughtered every day to feed us. Do you think that is murder ? The term murder can only be applied when a person illegally takes the life of another person.

Lesser charges are usually called manslaughter or negligent homicide but both of those terms refer to humans.

The case in Britain involves baby ducks and a baby swan. I mentioned the U.S. case to show what can be done to these monsters when courts cooperate.

No, not yet. I still don't know if the OP is referring to deer or ducks.

No, not yet. I still don't know if the OP is referring to deer or ducks.

OP cited an incident of an US truck driver purposely hitting a deer (on more??).
The link seems to be about ducks (in UK) being hit with oars by rowing teams.

I oppose any form of animal cruelty, but then again the local Thai restaurant had Duck on the menu. Quite tasty.

In the case of the ducklings on the Cam, a hefty fine aimed at the organisers of the race might be sufficient to bring about a change of future behaviour.

Not knowing anything about the incident with the deer, a charge of deliberate animal cruelty is appropriate but I agree with the post that commented that these offences are an indicator of future more serious offences to come. The offenders need careful watching.

There was a recent case in OZ of a teenage girl who filmed herself kicking a puppy multiple times. She posted it on the internet. Her defence lawyer argued that it was her first time???? How many times does it take? Full report in the link but it is distressing.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-01-...l-cruelty-over-video-dog-being-kicked/9328654
RSPCA spokesman Michael Beatty said the incident was disturbing.
"If somebody videoed themselves actually abusing an animal — in this case kicking the animal repeatedly and the animal yelping — I mean, that's just no way to carry on," he said. "It's just very disturbing."

Mr Beatty said the RSPCA was getting a growing number of complaints about animal abuse posted on social media.

"It just sadly appears to be escalating, but I suppose you'd have to say that the only good thing about it is that if someone has posted on social media, normally they can be charged," he said.

It angers me to see anyone abuse an animal of any kind, in such cases they should all be fined or punished appropriately.

Back