Things from your childhood that would baffle young people of today

Old-fashioned sanitary belts (with pins)

Vintage-Gemco-Satin-Soft-Sanitary-Belt-Unopened-Package.jpg

Yes!

I remember my mom having a few of these old jobbies, too.

Sanitary panties.

I never did go down the sanitary panties path, the old-fashioned oversized bulky pads were bad enough.

VINTAGE-STYLE-CUSTOM-BELTX-SANITARY-PANTIES-w-HOOKS-_57.jpg
you were lucky...all I had was an old white sheet torn into strips and safety pins!

Of course you did! :LOL:
Never did have actual diaper pins...only good old safety pins...in fact it was my older brother that saw my problem...told me all about it and he went to Mom who was always so busy with everyone and everything and she told him to rip up the old sheet and pass it on to me....'twas the good old days. My brother taught me and the others a lot things. Sure lucky he was around.

OK, I'll play the "get off my lawn" card...

The question:

Things from your childhood that would baffle young people of today​

The answer:

The ability to think and speak in coherent sentences.

Though I don't honestly believe that due to the number of intelligent and aware young people I have met, I figured it needs to be said in a thread such as this just for good measure. Now, GET OFF MY LAWN, KID! ;)

Tony

We had a few of these Milk Vending Machines in our neighborhood that sold half gallon cartons of milk for 20 cents a half gallon. I remember my parents would give me a quarter to get milk. The machine would give me a nickel back. I'd take the milk home then hit the candy store. In those days a nickel bought a lot of candy. :ROFLMAO:

MilkVendingMachine.jpg

The stuff we used to eat was called Prem.

I remember my mom grating sweet pickles into the Prem and making sandwiches for our school lunches.

Also remember eating it lightly fried.

swift-prem-suggested-serving-n-a-340g-30669582.png
Yeah; called Prem in Canada but Spam elsewhere. I too liked it fried or cooked over a campfire when I was a kid. Cheap and cheerful food product. Haven't had it in decades. Don't even know if it's still around.

It's odd how food product names, and actual ingredients, in Canada are often different elsewhere even though the same company makes the item world wide. Take Kraft Dinner for instance. That's the Canadian name but in the US it's called Kraft Macaroni & Cheese. In taste test comparisons (You Tube), it seems the Canadian version is better tasting. It's all in the cheese powder 😋
Anyway, I digress .... back to thread topic ;)

Back