This will be my last move…..where will your last move take you.

Me…talking about my future home again.
Another thing I’m looking forward to……celebrating holidays, occasions, etc.

Have always done the occasion thing through my adult years…..as i’m sure many of you have and still do.
In time, through changes, and change of the times, the celebrating declined.
Now it’s pretty much non existent.
There is something to be said enjoying sitting down to a table of nice special meals, with people all around the table, full of conversations.
I really miss that.

My foster daughter is on a different page with those type of things.
She does have meals for most of things…..but…..
Have never had a sit down meal with them…..her, her partner and 3 kids never sit down at a table for meals, not even Christmas.
The kids are old enough to do so, but don’t, they never sit at a table for any meal.
It’s always fill your plates go sit somewhere, usually in the living room in front of the tv……her and her partner are the same.
I don’t have them over for meals anymore because no one will sit at a table, kids never like anything but junk.
I love them to the end…..everyone has a different life style…..that’s the way the world goes around.

I will sit at a table, even for my coffee, that’s what I like. Each to their own.

There are many things I don’t do anymore just for myself…..decorating for one…..sometimes occasions are just another day for me.

I’m looking forward to the atmosphere change, activities, special things for holidays, the whole 9 yards, which I miss greatly, since my years of doing that…..I think I will be gaining enjoyment back that have somewhat been missing.😊😊😊😊😊.

Me…talking about my future home again.
Another thing I’m looking forward to……celebrating holidays, occasions, etc.

Have always done the occasion thing through my adult years…..as i’m sure many of you have and still do.
In time, through changes, and change of the times, the celebrating declined.
Now it’s pretty much non existent.
There is something to be said enjoying sitting down to a table of nice special meals, with people all around the table, full of conversations.
I really miss that.

My foster daughter is on a different page with those type of things.
She does have meals for most of things…..but…..
Have never had a sit down meal with them…..her, her partner and 3 kids never sit down at a table for meals, not even Christmas.
The kids are old enough to do so, but don’t, they never sit at a table for any meal.
It’s always fill your plates go sit somewhere, usually in the living room in front of the tv……her and her partner are the same.
I don’t have them over for meals anymore because no one will sit at a table, kids never like anything but junk.
I love them to the end…..everyone has a different life style…..that’s the way the world goes around.

I will sit at a table, even for my coffee, that’s what I like. Each to their own.

There are many things I don’t do anymore just for myself…..decorating for one…..sometimes occasions are just another day for me.

I’m looking forward to the atmosphere change, activities, special things for holidays, the whole 9 yards, which I miss greatly, since my years of doing that…..I think I will be gaining enjoyment back that have somewhat been missing.😊😊😊😊😊.
I did that when I first moved here too. Hadn't decorated for years at my old house so when I moved here I went overboard. It was fun. Now I decorate but not as much as that first year.

I have recently put my computer on a portable table so it is not on my dining table. Eating at the table with a place mat and table setting makes me enjoy my meal more. Instead of being glued to the computer screen eating mindlessly.

I did that when I first moved here too. Hadn't decorated for years at my old house so when I moved here I went overboard. It was fun. Now I decorate but not as much as that first year.

I have recently put my computer on a portable table so it is not on my dining table. Eating at the table with a place mat and table setting makes me enjoy my meal more. Instead of being glued to the computer screen eating mindlessly.
You are so right….placemat, table setting, does make meals better.❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

I wonder. I'm in a perfectly nice 1-bedroom apartment in a Norman Rockwell town. Bo-ring. I long to travel, settle in a foreign country, or live the van life. But I don't see that happening. Health, finances, Covid era, etc.

I drove to Ontario last year (loved the drive!) with the thought of living with my sister. But the small city -- where I had previously lived off and on -- has become a traffic & parking nightmare, and she lives too far from a bus stop. So I came back to BC, albeit far from where I was before.

I wonder. I'm in a perfectly nice 1-bedroom apartment in a Norman Rockwell town. Bo-ring. I long to travel, settle in a foreign country, or live the van life. But I don't see that happening. Health, finances, Covid era, etc.

I drove to Ontario last year (loved the drive!) with the thought of living with my sister. But the small city -- where I had previously lived off and on -- has become a traffic & parking nightmare, and she lives too far from a bus stop. So I came back to BC, albeit far from where I was before.
I love to watch the YouTube videos about people living in vans, campers and trucks. I could never do it myself but I get ideas from them on ways to do things in my studio apartment. And living frugally. They do see a lot of new places and seem to make friends with other van life people.

I saw videos of people living in small cars too. I spent $1000 equipping my small car with blackout windows and other things. Sleeping in it was okay, but I was at a loss for what to do the other 16 hours of the day. Live and learn. I'd be willing to try again if I could afford a small van.

I'd also like to just drive south, as far as possible, e.g., Argentina. I guess there's a way to get a vehicle past the Darien Gap.

I had considered living on a boat. I imagined toodling around the BC coastline, to places inaccessible by car. So I took 2 sailing courses and really bombed. I passed both courses, which I shouldn't have. So it would have to be a motorized boat.

In my Internet dating days I visited a man who lived on a boat. He told me about difficulties I hadn't thought of. Also, he said for some things you really need 2 people.

After a great deal of thought and research…..
My next and last move will take me to 55 plus community complex….in Brandon, Manitoba…..1 hour drive from here.

Victoria Landing Retirement Residence.
https://www.allseniorscare.com

There residents their as young as 56…..there residents there that spend their summer months at Victoria Landing, and go south for the winter.
I will have a one bedroom suite, with walk out patio or balcony.

It is a age in place community, as you age, there is the appropriate care, still include in your rent…..so therefore you wouldn’t have to move.

Pets are very welcome, they are family…..there are now……birds, rabbits, fish, dogs , cats.

It is all inclusive, except if you wish to connect high speed internet, you pay for that……basic tv cable is included, but if you want more channels, you pay for them.

And it DOES NOT SMELL LIKE A CARE HOME OR HOSPITAL…..Thank god……that would turn me off……and the suites and hallways are sound proof…..can hear anything from in the suite or out of the suite in the hallway.

I will list my house early spring 2023…..and go from there.

Had a tour June 23…..was pleased with all.
The woman on the cover looks like Martha Stewart although she is not. What a lovely place. Worked all my life in a degreed profession, long career, but I can not afford to live in such a wonderful place. You will surely love it there. The pool looks inviting and the meals sound delicious, the activities well planned!

I saw videos of people living in small cars too. I spent $1000 equipping my small car with blackout windows and other things. Sleeping in it was okay, but I was at a loss for what to do the other 16 hours of the day. Live and learn. I'd be willing to try again if I could afford a small van.

I'd also like to just drive south, as far as possible, e.g., Argentina. I guess there's a way to get a vehicle past the Darien Gap.

I had considered living on a boat. I imagined toodling around the BC coastline, to places inaccessible by car. So I took 2 sailing courses and really bombed. I passed both courses, which I shouldn't have. So it would have to be a motorized boat.

In my Internet dating days I visited a man who lived on a boat. He told me about difficulties I hadn't thought of. Also, he said for some things you really need 2 people.
Love your mindset on this!

I love to watch the YouTube videos about people living in vans, campers and trucks. I could never do it myself but I get ideas from them on ways to do things in my studio apartment. And living frugally. They do see a lot of new places and seem to make friends with other van life people.
I am getting ready to move into a tiny studio in the city. What keeps you from going stir crazy? Any good ideas on how to make it feel more spacious? I’m thinking of an aquarium

We thought we would age in place in a +55 mobile home park. Well, life is funny, because we saw new apartments at the beach and went to take a look,
We are now in a beautiful apartment overlooking the beach. It has an elevator (no stairs) and many other amenities. My wife has decorated the place beautifully, and many of the residents are much younger than us, and there is always some activity. I went back to our old place, and the park felt like a ghost town.

View attachment 227649
Gorgeous!

Looks wonderful. My mother had a 1 bedroom apartment in an assisted living community that included a variety of ages, and she loved living there. This was not only because of the sense of community, but because of the attention she received. I used to have lunch with her and her friends on Saturdays. They were so supportive of one another.

At the present time, I am planning on living in our home until I am no longer able to. I don't rule anything out these days, because I live in the US and... need I say more? We could very well move to another country. Nothing is certain.

Best of luck to you when you make your move!
Please say more as I live here and it’s absolutely beautiful IF you do NOT pay attention to the crap that’s put on the news. And it’s CRAP! Don’t listen and enjoy your life. Grass isn’t always greener on the other side! And if it is, give it time and it will be the same as the place you left. The world is a mess not just here. Ignore the “news” and enjoy my dear.

I am getting ready to move into a tiny studio in the city. What keeps you from going stir crazy? Any good ideas on how to make it feel more spacious? I’m thinking of an aquarium
Keep busy. Make friends in your building if possible. I have friends popping in to just chat and I always stop and make time for them. Sometimes they need someone to listen.

I write a blog so working on the computer is part of my day. And I like to cook so even though I am cooking for one, I like to make it good and special (plus leftovers!). My apartment is downtown in a small city and I try to get outside daily. I take a walk and often just sit in the park for a bit to get out in the sunshine.

Keep busy. Make friends in your building if possible. I have friends popping in to just chat and I always stop and make time for them. Sometimes they need someone to listen.

I write a blog so working on the computer is part of my day. And I like to cook so even though I am cooking for one, I like to make it good and special (plus leftovers!). My apartment is downtown in a small city and I try to get outside daily. I take a walk and often just sit in the park for a bit to get out in the sunshine.
May I read you blog? What is the link?

Back