Tom Brady Super Bowl #10

Very disappointing game, I thought. Chiefs and penalties the first half. Number 95. Was getting his licks in every play. He seemed mad at the world and caused some stupid penalties.
Half time show, total flop. Stupid comes to mind.
My Bucs won, but would like to have seen some competition.

What a sad, boring game. The Chief’s were obviously, not on their game, and the Bucs played there usual good game. It’s always hard to be defeated, but I imagine doubly hard when you get trounced like the Chiefs did 😢

even the commercials were depressing this year and the half time show? Mediocre. Disappointing night all around, however I am happy for the Bucs. They deserved the win but bet it would have been sweeter even for them if the other team had showed up

Penalties played a part in the game, fat too much...

Question: Where was Chief's coaching staff-reevaluation of game play for second half?

iu

Brady is a legend and an incredible athlete but he admits to suffering major head injuries over the last 20 years,so if he called it a career this year I don't think anyone who cares about his long term health would criticize him.He has nothing more to prove and needs another super bowl ring like Jeff Bezos needs more money.Ditto for Rob Gronkowski who's suffered 20 concussions.

Brady is a legend and an incredible athlete but he admits to suffering major head injuries over the last 20 years,so if he called it a career this year I don't think anyone who cares about his long term health would criticize him.He has nothing more to prove and needs another super bowl ring like Jeff Bezos needs more money.Ditto for Rob Gronkowski who's suffered 20 concussions.

I rarely watch football anymore because of the incredible danger of CTE. Can't imagine why anyone would permit their children to play football any rougher than the flag version with what is already known about CTE.

Brady's wife really wants him to retire, but so far he has refused to. I mean, it's nice to set records and all that, but he's got young kids - ages 13, 11, and 8. He's at a reasonably high risk of CTE at this point.

All the rings and money in the world aren't going to be worth it if 20 yrs from now he won't be able to even recognize who his kids and grandkids are.

I love football, but let's face it - it is an extremely dangerous sport.

And the risk is not just for CTE. Studies are beginning to verify a correlation between concussions and ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease): Head trauma links to ALS incidence in pro athletes

Joe Montana was another Hall of Famer QB who suffered numerous concussions and waved them off while he was playing (as most players do). It shook him tremendously when his best friend, WR Dwight Clark, developed ALS and died in 2018 at the age of 61.

Clark, one of the most popular Niner players, was given a special day in his honor shortly before he died. He had been a big (6'4", 212 lbs) handsome guy, articulate and intelligent. Always good for an interview or a charity appearance, he was instantly recognizable to locals.

It was shocking to see his final public appearance at the ballpark. He had lost at least 50 or 60 lbs and needed to use crutches. He gave a very short speech thanking the fans.

It was heart-breaking. He could barely talk and had to speak very, very slowly.

Montana has said he absolutely never wants his kids to play football, and now regrets he didn't retire earlier.

KC beat themselves early by taking a rash of foolish penalties and the Tampa defense boxed Mahomes in most of the time or pressured him into some wild, desperation throws. Not the Mahomes that we've seen most of the season when he was afforded better protection.

And Brady was just Brady. The same guy that we've watched in New England for his whole previous career.

Back