Turbo Tax Users-SURPRISE

If, as one of their customers was complaining, you would have to pay $30 more (GASP!) to continue your association with a company that up until now has kept you out of jail, then you have some more serious problems that need to be addressed.

I'm wondering if the tax preparers have to devote more time to returns now with Obamacare and all the other little foibles that have been thrown upon us ...

If, as one of their customers was complaining, you would have to pay $30 more (GASP!) to continue your association with a company that up until now has kept you out of jail, then you have some more serious problems that need to be addressed.

I'm wondering if the tax preparers have to devote more time to returns now with Obamacare and all the other little foibles that have been thrown upon us ...

I do my own taxes every year, with an H&R Block CD. I started the project today, and right near the beginning of the process, there were questions asking about signing up for Health Care under the ACA. Out of curiosity, I went into that area, and looked at some of the questions. I have a suspicion that if people signed up for this program, and Don't accurately report their incomes, etc., they will be leaving themselves Wide Open for some Extra IRS scrutiny.

I wonder what "brain-stormers" (pin-heads) at Turbo Tax came up with this? The whole idea of TT was to make it easy, all in one, to file. That's like taking Excel, or Word, and making you hand write some of your letters, or build your own charts and spreadsheets.

I use the online forms. Problem is, Federal Tax forms don't do the arithmetic for you, but you can save them for later.
GA state tax forms do the arithmetic, but won't save. Oh well...can't expect everything for free. (But why not? I smell conspiracy.;))

Back