Two girls, 12 and 13 years old, are suspected of killing a 12-year-old girl. What is wrong with our society?

I know my thoughts have been shared in the past....but so much has to do with what kids experience in their real lives. I am guessing they had yet to experience the death of a friend or loved one prior. Do not undertand the reality or permanence of death, and how it affects the living.
Think about it....they play video games with death. They watch TV shows where people die...or are killed only to see the actor come back next week in another TV show. To a childs mind....it is not real

The world is fascinated by death and murder. Our movies, our games, our books; most of them heavy with murder and hideous acts upon one another. Society loves it. Many people won't even enjoy a movie unless there's "action" in it.

One would think children have so far escaped the horror so many of us not only accept, but look forward to. Sadly, this is not always the case. Tragic.

you cant change a childs personality or genes .....dont blame the parents and homelife
its the way of life and internet now .....and kids are not afraid of anything !!!
Whatever the reasons might be, this is not a good development. This happens on other situations too. Some years ago I've read that a petting zoo in Germany had to be closed since the children harmed animals.

There's also the drug culture to consider. My cousin. who's a hospice chaplain, said he was talking to a hospital ER doctor and the doctor said they are "overwhelmed" with OD cases. Most of them young people.
OD? Does it mean overdose? As a German I'd think so.

I know my thoughts have been shared in the past....but so much has to do with what kids experience in their real lives. I am guessing they had yet to experience the death of a friend or loved one prior. Do not undertand the reality or permanence of death, and how it affects the living.
Think about it....they play video games with death. They watch TV shows where people die...or are killed only to see the actor come back next week in another TV show. To a childs mind....it is not real
Which puzzles me. As a child, I knew bugs bunny, Daffy duck, wile E coyote couldn't survive the shotgun blasts, dynamite explosions or falls if they were real

I knew that if you jump off a 4 story building, or even less, surviving might be unlikely. That knives, guns and even autos can kill you.

But more importantly I knew the difference between real and make believe. I just can't understand how children today don't perceive that.

Back in 2012, the State Police was alerted that we should be on the lookout for 3 missing female teens. I was working out of the Washington County, Pennsylvania barracks and came on duty at 10 pm that evening and the radio call came through close to the end of my shift. The next evening, 2 of the girls showed up, but the third girl was still missing.

As it turned out, the one girl had a nervous breakdown and confessed that her and another teen female friend had killed the third girl, simply because they didn’t like her. I remember reading the report and I think they tried to burn the body with no success, so they called a male friend who I believe cut the body into pieces. I wasn’t involved in the investigation, so my mind is sketchy on the details and I apologize for that.

The deceased girl’s name was Skylar Neese. Read about it here and get the straight dope. I apologize for not getting the details correct. I remember the girls came across state line from West Virginia and killed their ‘friend’ in PA.

Get the real facts here: Skylar Neese.

IMO, crime is on the rise today because no one is held responsible for what they did & know nothing will happen to them. I don't care what the age of the perpetrator is anymore, they need to be held accountable. I don't hold with the excuse that a "child" didn't know they did something wrong. These kids are given a pass, let loose only to reoffend & many times more serious crimes. Same applies to adults.

I agree with what @Disgustedman said in #12. Any child (or adult) who can't tell the difference has serious issues & shouldn't be among the public to give a chance harm/kill any living being.

The excuses & coddling needs to come to an end for all offenders. The punishment should fit the crime & not be a slap on the wrist. If they are deemed not accountable due to a "mental illness or defect", then take them off the street & place them in an institution where they can be cared for.

The excuses & coddling needs to come to an end for all offenders. The punishment should fit the crime & not be a slap on the wrist. If they are deemed not accountable due to a "mental illness or defect", then take them off the street & place them in an institution where they can be cared for.
Those institutions are already filled to capacity.

@debodun, I don't doubt they are filled.

However, they are filled because so many others have been closed over several decades. The number of people who need to be in there hasn't decreased at all. If the facilities were not up to date, then they should have been updated or replaced with new ones.

There always has & will be a need of these. The idea of giving mentally ill people there meds & turning them out doesn't work. Many will not take these meds because they believe someone is trying to poison them.

There is an apartment complex in the area I worked in that a resident caretaker for the out-patient residents who was always calling because one of them wouldn't take their meds & was becoming a danger to themselves & other residents there. It's a very sad, but very real situation that a lot of people have never dealt with.

Hope we are not digressing from the original post too much.

The world is fascinated by death and murder. Our movies, our games, our books; most of them heavy with murder and hideous acts upon one another. Society loves it. Many people won't even enjoy a movie unless there's "action" in it.

One would think children have so far escaped the horror so many of us not only accept, but look forward to. Sadly, this is not always the case. Tragic.
This is so true. I was talking with a group of friends about this a while back. Turns out in my entire life I've known one person who was murdered. One. Some knew a handful; most knew none.

I read an article written by a therapist who treated people who'd been through extreme trauma. She/he wrote about people's unrealistic fantasies about being kidnapped or placed in mortal danger. Though many may imagine themselves transforming into a witty, wisecracking, brave, inventive hero à la Bruce Willis, Arnold, or Sly Stallone, it seems the typical response is to curl up in a literal or figurative ball, soiling ourselves while crying, begging and bargaining to have our lives spared.

From what the therapist said, it take years of therapy to feel safe after such an experience - and many never do make it through that dark tunnel.

Gave a good window into why many suffer a lifetime of PTSD after being on military front lines for a year or two. 😢

Daily Mail Online has given new information on the case.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...lt-theyd-picking-her.html?ico=related-replace
It's interesting that you get much more information in foreign newspapers than in German newspapers. But I have read that the parents of both girls who stabbed her classmate more than 30 times have left the village with unknown destination. Since both girls are too young for criminal liability I'd suppose that they stay with their parents at the new homes.

It's all over our news today... I'm stunned that these 2 killers are deemed to be too young to stand trial for this... in the UK it's 10 years old... 12 and 13 know exactly what they're doing... Surely they'll be taken into some kind of facility , German can't have 2 young killers roaming free...

It's all over our news today... I'm stunned that these 2 killers are deemed to be too young to stand trial for this... in the UK it's 10 years old... 12 and 13 know exactly what they're doing... Surely they'll be taken into some kind of facility , German can't have 2 young killers roaming free...
Holly, you'd be surprised, what the German jurisdiction is capable of. Three years ago a refugee stabbed a physician to death in presence of the doctor's ten year old daughter in a very brutal way. Meanwhile he may leave during the day for work. I bet he'll be free in less than two years.
In Germany all sympathy is for the murderer and never for the victim.

Holly, you'd be surprised, what the German jurisdiction is capable of. Three years ago a refugee stabbed a physician to death in presence of the doctor's ten year old daughter in a very brutal way. Meanwhile he may leave during the day for work. I bet he'll be free in less than two years.
In Germany all sympathy is for the murderer and never for the victim.
Well hate to say it but that's Germany's proven History isn't it ?

Well hate to say it but that's Germany's proven History isn't it ?
Holly, it's not the people, but the government that cares a sh.t about the lives of the native(!) German people. In Köln on December 31, 2015 hundreds of women were molested by asylants from the Middle East. This was the start. Since then every day several women get raped and men, women and children are in danger to become a victim of - I don't hesitate to write it - asylants from the Middle East. It's the truth, and I don't care anymore if somebody calls me Na.i or xenophob or raci.t. Some months ago two young men at Oggersheim near the river Rhine (the former chancellor Helmut Kohl lived there) were killed by a refugee. One of the victims got cut off his hand and thrown into a garden nearby. The father of one arrived and could only watch his son dying. No damn politician from the government came but the people who arranged a silent protest were called raci.ts. I am so tired of this government. I detest our politicians!

Last edited:

Back