US struggles with surge in illegal immigrant children

I see a patient who collects welfare because she has 7 kids (here and more in her country). She was allowed to stay and recive benefits because her husband hit her (but they still live together). She came here illegally and just had all these children here. She is not interested in going to school or sending any of the kids to school after they are done with public schools. She left behind her daughter who is now 20 and her daughter had 1 child in her country. She has now abandoned that child and come accross illegally (just like her mother did) and also has no interest in going to school, not even to learn English. She is working and dating and will no doubt have a ton of kids like her mother did and start collecting welfare as well. Something is wrong with this picture. In the meantime there is not enough help with Americans who have worked hard and lost their jobs....

And this is how her kids usually end up.

triple the coincidence

The reason for the 65,000 figure is alluded to here:

This report turned up when I googled "unaccompanied alien children 2013".
I would conclude that the US government is engaging in forward planning, not criminal conspiracy since back in January at least 60,000 children were expected to arrive in 2014.

At least PART of the reason for the increase IS politics. After the 2012 presidential election all of the sudden the Hispanic vote became an issue for the political pundits(it was always there but now front and center). Then the politicians seeing this started TALKING about amnesty, dreamers and illegal immigration with piece meal legislation without full commitment. Part of the reason no full commitment is like any politician who wants to get re-elected you make darn sure you do not alienate your constituents. So you test the waters with leaks & rumors and see what happens. You also test the waters with associated incremental piece meal legislation like illegal immigrant drivers licenses and school tuition breaks for illegal kids which is de facto amnesty. When stories like this get back to central America they ignore the fact that individual states and cities are doing this and not the country.

Also by not committing to finish the wall and increase catch & release and not full fledge deportation hearings word starts to get back to these countries they'll just throw you back or throw you out(of the detention center) if caught.

But to go from a doubling of illegal immigrant children to triple in a year??? And for the DHS to " anticipate " a need ie admitting they will be " overwhelmed " with a contract for child transport? And by the way clauses in the contract or ad for the vendors a lot of that you might be required to work elsewhere is standard cover your butt fine print fare in a government contract. You work for the federal government be prepared to move. I'd would also like to see the governments studies and not a third party organization study used to anticipate need and/or plan a budget. It's still on the "coincidental" side but I'm still curious how the central American media decides to release/publicize stories about amnesty about the same time?

If we had continued to build that damn wall all this might not have happen.(maybe)
How many of these kids can climb over a wall that high.
So what the heck are we going to do with all these kids?
Just come into this country and make themselves a home?

The improvised shelter is one of the by-products of a jump in illegal immigration from Central America this year, including 47,000 children who entered the country on their own – almost double the number from the year before.

I would love it if Mexico became part of the US. Open the boarder. I know. You are going to say that all the drug traffic would come through. On the other hand the Mexican Military would then have the backing of the US training, arms and military to go after those gangs. They come into the US anyway. The whole country of Mexico would start paying taxes. Mexico City, the largest city in the world would become a US City. Mexico is as much a melting pot as the US. No Mexicans would have to worry about green cards any longer and we would not be chasing Mexicans around any longer. Mexican have long been our brothers and sisters. Why do we want us them when we could just have us.

Back