Vaping...

I looked up vaping. I didn't know that the unit is powered by a battery and that there is a liquid juice that gets heated up. Some use liquid nicotine. I can't see where that would be any safer.

And the jury is out on the Vicks for children. It's not recommended.

Pediatricians have stated that it can give respiratory problems to small children.
You're right .. I've seen that. .. But in general the stuff is good for so many uses.
One thing ... ever have a nagging bad cough that keeps you up at night? .. Rubbing Vicks on the bottom of your feet and putting on a pr. of lightweight cotton socks will work wonders in stopping the cough and letting you sleep.

You're right .. I've seen that. .. But in general the stuff is good for so many uses.
One thing ... ever have a nagging bad cough that keeps you up at night? .. Rubbing Vicks on the bottom of your feet and putting on a pr. of lightweight cotton socks will work wonders in stopping the cough and letting you sleep.
Never tried that. I take a shot of whiskey with maple syrup. There's never any left to rub on my feet.

I have a jar in my medicine cabinet right now.
So do I. It’s my go-to when I have a cold. Slather it all over my chest at night. I don’t use it during the day when I’m working because the smell can be a bit off-putting. So I have a small vial of pure eucalyptus oil and I put a few drops of that on my handkerchief to help keep my nose from plugging up during the day.

My mother used it on me all the time when I got sick as a kid, so what do they know?

Same here...She would rub that stuff on my chest & back, nose & forehead. Then wrap me so damn tight in my sheet that I couldn't move :rolleyes: But !! The next day I felt better..........and yes had to go to school.

Back when I was a little boy, my mom used a glass container of sorts that had a place to put in the Vick’s. Then, she would take this container, add water, put in the Vick’s somewhere and heat it on the stove. The air would soon fill with a steamy mix of water and Vick’s Vapo Rub. Great for clearing the sinuses and easing the cough.

I have a jar of Vick's Vapo Rub in my medicine cabinet
When I was little,my mom rubbed it on my chest, it worked
I still use it whenever I get congested from my cold

I can't stand the smell of that stuff! If anyone tried to put it on me, they'd be in big trouble. Even as a little kid, it smelled terrible, to me. Good for attending autopsies, I've heard.

My mom saved squares of flannel from my old PJs. When I had a cold she would slather my chest full of the stuff and pin the square on the inside of the pj's I was wearing. I suppose to keep the grease from ruining them. She would put it up my nose and under my nose. A big glob of it went into an old glass vaporizer that had a big fat black frayed electrical cord. It perked away all night long. When I finally went back to school my pores were leaking Vapo rub. Even my schoolmates sinuses opened up if they were sitting next to me and one last safety measure was to give me the Vicks plastic tube with the hole on the top to sniff if I got plugged up.

I can't stand the smell of that stuff! If anyone tried to put it on me, they'd be in big trouble. Even as a little kid, it smelled terrible, to me. Good for attending autopsies, I've heard.
The main ingredients are camphor and eucalyptus oil.

When you heat that up in winter, the windows wont get any frost on them and neither will your glasses.

Back