Various Outdoor Critters To See and Discuss

So these are baby opossums? They sure don't look like puppies.
Yes. They're cute. And they're really fascinating. I read up on them when I saw one in my yard.
They are unable to store fat, so they have to eat constantly.
They are immune to Rabies and snake venom. It's believed that it's due to their lower body temperature.
I feed 3 of them. They visit me a couple of nights a week. They'll eat anything. They really love Hazelnuts.

96734915_2652695268344777_2681251897100206080_n.jpg

I'm still feeding my boy Buzz. (the injured Buzzard who stayed in our shed while we nursed him). He sit's in a tree down in the field and when we walk the dogs, he fly's along just above the wife. :) About the only problem I have feeding him is he has now brought all his relatives, and I'm not so sure I like the way they look at me when I'm bringing beef and pork bones down to them. I swear I saw a couple staring at me and licking their lips. :ROFLMAO:

DSC01566.JPGDSC01571.JPGbuzz family2 (2).JPG

daddy_long_leg_spider_harvestman_picture_2.jpg
When we were kids, dad would pick these off the porch and set them in our hands and we'd let them crawl on us. They never bit us or did any harm but, it's been so long since I last saw one that I'm not sure I could tell anymore.

We used to let these crawl all over us. If we saw them in the house we wouldn't kill them cuz we enjoyed having them around. I still have a hard time killing them. I will gather them up and set them back outside.

3451842002_83f8e2f82b_o_rolly-poly.jpg

To me it appears to be an after mating thing.
He’s sitting back watching her with admiration and pride and she’s got that after %#+* look.
At least, that’s what I see. ☺
"Plonking" is mating. (I learned that word from Tom Selleck in a movie). :ROFLMAO:

Not a great pic, but this is my buddy Skippy the Squirrel. He visits often, and gives me the stink eye through my window of I do not put out his peanuts. He ran after I took this picture, so I could not take more. Will do so and add more.

Yes, I know, when you start naming the squirrels, you have been isolated too long.

20200517_165138.jpg

Back