Vintage Child Car Seats

Wow, I've never seen those type before. I do remember having a booster seat for my kids in 1972. It wasn't even attached to the car.
When I brought my babies home from the hospital they got me seated in the car and handed me the baby to hold for the ride home.
The kids also spent many hours sleeping or playing in the back of our hatchback.
We never gave any thought to how dangerous it was.

1445375651-1947-car-seat.png

It also reminds me of the car beds specifically made for infants, that we did not realize were extremely dangerous. It looked comfortable, cozy, cute, snug and warm, at that time.
Some people had the type of baby car beds that converted into baby carriages, when you got to where you were going.
Sometimes, 2 infants would share one! (in the car :oops: )

Last edited:
I hate today's car seats. I really hate them.

Besides that they're a huge PITA to install (uninstall, reinstall, repeat), did you know they all have an expiration date? If you're pulled over for any reason, the cop has the right to check if your kid's car seat has expired. It's printed on the side. If it is expired, you have 11 days to replace it, you get a ticket, and you have to appear in court with proof of replacement or pay a fine plus your drivers license is suspended.

When I was a baby I don't even think we had baby seats, I remember when I was about 6yrs old my brother was in the Army. We would drive to see my brother at his base, My sister would get carsick and would take medicine and go to sleep on the back seats. So I couldn't sit in the back seat and my Mom told me to lay in the back window. THIS REMINDS Me of the car my Dad had then.
R (1).jpg

looks like she's going to be scanned
I comprehend that it does look the safest, but the part of this comment struck my funny bone! :LOL::ROFLMAO:It does look like a scan machine, and I hadn't realized it. :giggle::LOL:

Back