Vintage planes and vehicles Pics

IMG-2484.jpg

IMG-2485.jpg

IMG-2491.jpg
IMG-2489.jpg

Me in a WWI biplane flying over the San Juan Islands between upstate Washington and Canada in 2006. I had my hand out in a cloud. To fly in a biplane was on my bucket list; the experience was better than I ever imagined because of the incredible beauty of the area over which we flew.

Attachments

• SanJuanIslandsWA.jpg
    SanJuanIslandsWA.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
I could spend days in a place like that. Who is this private owner?
The shuttleworth collection was owned by the Shuttleworth family, initially started by Dorothy Shuttleworth in 1940 after her son Richard died in a racing accident.. it's still owned by the Shuttleworth Trust..... who are a registered charitable trust!!

https://www.shuttleworth.org/

was at shuttleworth last week,on a visit to Bedford,,was that you stood on my toe lol,,,,,great pics,,,,
You were not!!!! ...I didn't see any OLD people... :p🤣...just jokin' ...really, were you there?..you didn't tell me you were going there, ...you missed the best weather for the Swiss gardens, it was glorious on Monday..

it was on Monday I was there lol,,,,wifey hadn't seen old warden,so ended up there,,,,,u sure u never stood on my toe lol
No way..we were there on Monday as well ..I didn't see anyone who looked like you.. did you go in the restaurant.. we sat outside with a drink...I never stood on anyone's toe... :D

When I look at the pictures of the planes, I think it is simply amazing how drastic of a change the jet engine made to flying. For example; when I look at the really old airplanes, I remember back when I was in training to be a pilot and some of the instructors who flew during WWII talked about when flying only centered around what we call using a stick and rudder.

Today, with the addition of the jet engine that added thrust to flying, also added flaps and slats, along with ailerons or speed brakes. Pilots today have to be so much more educated with not just flying, but it also helps to be a weatherman, as well. Automation and Fly By Wire Technology has added an incredible amount of safety to flying.

Back