Walking Shoes Confuse Me. What's Best.

I haven't worn a dress in years and I wear nothing anymore but walking shoes. At work and everyday.
The same here. I wear bermuda shorts and pants. Sandals or walking shoes. My feet are also much wider now that I am older. Vionic are good if you have to dress up. I like their sandals for that.
I forgot to mention Gravity Defyer. I like that one too for walking shoes or sandals.

I like the Skechers Slip On shoes. I can put them on while standing up. They make different ones depending upon what kind of walking you want to do.
Any issues with the heel? I do have a bone spur on one heel. It hasn't bothered me in a long time, I think it's the right.

I get a lot of miles outa my hiking boots
Thanks to this

shoe goo.jpg

But
there comes a time
after 5 or 6 years
even shoe goo ain't gonna get it

shoes 2.jpg

shoes 3.jpg

shoes.jpg

That's when the razor knife turns 'em into house shoes

slippers.jpg

I've been wearing New Balance walking shoes for past couple of yrs, they are very comfortable
I just spent a crap load of money for some New Balance at the local sporting store. I tried on several and finally asked the nice young guy working the shoe department (I wouldn't want that job) and he brought out two more pairs including the ones I bought. I thought they might be cheaper since they are not one of the newer brands, but no. Got them anyway.

@hollydolly I like that goga mat. I don't like the memory foam type ones because my toes squish in them. I think I'm also going to try a pair of Sketchers max cushioning which I will order online in addition to the New Balance I got today.

They had a returned pair of those cloud shoes, in my first link, at the store. I wasn't impressed.

I've been wearing Nike walking/running shoes for some years now. However, the last couple of pairs were not all that comfortable. I donated them, brand new, to Goodwill.

My daughter passed on a backless pair of Skechers shoes to me, which I wear often. The insoles are padded.

edited: from New Balance to Skechers (don't know where my head was at 🤪

Last edited:
@Rossana Question on the Gravity Defyer shoes: Good cushioning? Thanks.
Sorry to be late responding to you. Yes, the cushioning is very good. I have 3 different pairs from them plus sandals. The walking shoes come in a box with a set of different inserts. The inserts fit perfectly inside the shoe. You can choose from these and decide on the level of comfort you need. The support is excellent on the sides of the shoe as well. Comfortable on the heel too. They come with a description that explain all details to you and on how to wear them.
Sometimes I get them on Amazon, sometimes I get them directly from their website.

I like Easy Spirit also and get mine at Macy's. I've never had trouble finding a pair there. Sketchers are Ok but I'm not a huge fan. Nike and Addidas are super for support of my foot especially arches, which I need.

I don't like slip ons because I had an accident while wearing a pair last year and sustained an ankle injury when they 'slipped off'. So from now on I will stick with lace ups. Good luck. :giggle:

@chic Sorry about the slip ons accident. That's terrible. I wasn't going to try them since I have no trouble putting on shoes. I can see the appeal.

Back