Walking!

Keesha,thanks for sharing your lovely pictures
To see nature like that should motivate anybody to get outside walking
I'm still taking 2-3 walks/day, walking up/downstairs from my apt on 3rd floor every day avoiding the elevator as much as possible

Keesha,thanks for sharing your lovely pictures
To see nature like that should motivate anybody to get outside walking
I'm still taking 2-3 walks/day, walking up/downstairs from my apt on 3rd floor every day avoiding the elevator as much as possible
Good for you moviequeen. Ive always been happy to be a serious walker since I love doing it so much but I’ve never been more thankful to have the ability, freedom and space to walk as I do now. I’m tickled pink to be able to walk everyday. It’s such a simple thing yet such a privilege.

Today we went for a 2 hour walk along the river while both dogs got full of burrs. Now it’s taking me the rest of the day to clip them out.

We stopped to look at these guys first.
Aren’t they adorable? They are on the way to our walk.

View attachment 100654View attachment 100655

Here’s the river.

View attachment 100657View attachment 100656

There are places that still have ice but spring is definite on its way.

View attachment 100658
Great pics Keesha! :cool: I agree with you about getting out and walking in nature, nothing like it, good for body and soul. Unfortunately a lot of folks don't have access to anything except perhaps a small local park where there might be a lot of other people and kids.

Any walkers here?

Why do you walk?
Is it for exercise?
Or is it for fun?
Perhaps you walk your dogs or kids to school?
Do you walk daily?

I walk my dogs everyday and it’s by far, my favourite thing to do. We usually walk 3 to 4 kilometres a day. Sometimes it’s more. Sometimes it’s less but no matter where we go, we always have fun.

View attachment 51035

View attachment 51036

View attachment 51038

Is is it possible to get the last picture deleted? I can’t seem to do it.
I started out walking for exercise, (10,000 steps a day) and it is calming, time to think and reflect, enjoy the sky, meet new people sometimes. I also walk my dogs and walk for enjoyment. Fresh air and sunshine.

Unfortunately a lot of folks don't have access to anything except perhaps a small local park where there might be a lot of other people and kids.
Thanks Seabreeze.
I’m painfully aware that many others don’t have this kind of opportunity which is why I slacked off posting in the thread. I didn’t want to feel like I was rubbing it in anyone’s face. In fact, I still feel somewhat guilty but I also feel like sharing my photos is sort of like taking them on a trip with me. It’s my way of sharing the joy with others.

When walking a lot you have to be careful to take care of your feet. If you hurt your toe or something it's painful and takes the fun out of walking.
Good shoes help quite a bit.
I also see people now carrying a light portable seat in case they want to sit down and rest.

rat-maze.jpeg

When walking a lot you have to be careful to take care of your feet. If you hurt your toe or something it's painful and takes the fun out of walking.
Good shoes help quite a bit.
I also see people now carrying a light portable seat in case they want to sit down and rest.
Never thought of carrying a portable seat. Hmmm.

Today while walking we met a young woman coming back from a bike ride with two bigger dogs. One was a Golden Retriever and the other a brindle Dutch German Shepherd which I’ve never seen before. I asked about him and she said it’s her service dog who helps her train other dogs. She’s a police officer and the GS is her partner. I thought it was pretty cool.

Today while walking we met a young woman coming back from a bike ride with two bigger dogs. One was a Golden Retriever and the other a brindle Dutch German Shepherd which I’ve never seen before. I asked about him and she said it’s her service dog who helps her train other dogs. She’s a police officer and the GS is her partner. I thought it was pretty cool.
Really neat! I bought a dog at the pound one time, and it looked like a German shepherd, brindle colored. Very good dog and loved the color!

Really neat! I bought a dog at the pound one time, and it looked like a German shepherd, brindle colored. Very good dog and loved the color!
We’ve had a couple of shepherds also. Very loyal working dogs.
One of them was Black and Tan. The other was black and reddish tan. She was stunning. We were often asked to breed her but we didn’t want to. We wouldn’t have ended up with 8 or 9 dogs. LOL! Not the greatest pictures but the only ones I can currently find
43D178A4-C31B-47B5-9C4B-B32E6833EBA8.jpeg439B8F3D-289A-4577-B234-E2E4DF3F4B73.jpeg84796425-B746-42BA-8126-373F4AD3B9E6.jpeg

Love your photos @Keesha I hope you don’t mind me sharing a couple as well I took with my OLD Iphone 7 while out walking , a tiny bit of the 1000’s of acres of wheat that’s grown where I live

Im
about. 4 min walk from a normally calm Bay area but it was so windy while out walking a few days ago the wind just about blew me over 0802E443-9C5C-4E2C-9A4E-9D7F29C4EBCC.jpeg7863481D-856E-4E93-85D2-B793F43F12D3.jpeg

Last edited:
We get a heavy sea fog drifting in about 2 O’clock everyday ,I’ve lived here for 16 years and never seen this before.
I took this from my front garden
701DDBEE-5798-48D0-9E88-1FD2CF3D9CE5.jpeg

I live in a small country town about a 2 hour drive from our nearest capital city of Adelaide
( South Australia ) @Keesha .
The fog coming in every day is kinda weird .

The city area also got a very heavy fog last week
The city skyline was completely blocked out, these buildings are 38 stories high DD68EF93-B79A-496F-9738-8B1C212DE5B2.jpeg

It’s kinda eerie ....it was a nice sunny 15c ( 58f ) yesterday so I decided I’d prune a small jacaranda tree that’s out the front ,then the fog came in at the usual time , and it turned from pleasant to freezing in a matter of moments @Pinky

It’s kinda eerie ....it was a nice sunny 15c ( 58f ) yesterday so I decided I’d prune a small jacaranda tree that’s out the front ,then the fog came in at the usual time , and it turned from pleasant to freezing in a matter of moments @Pinky
Very unusual weather for where you are. I suspect there will be more changes to come too.

Back