We finally have a home gym!

Well put, I think 90% of exercise equipment sold gets used once or rarely, and unused gym memberships are how most gyms make a profit.
This is fascinating to me. I just don't get it. I mean, I have some resistance bands that didn't work for me that are just sitting around, and some hand weights that I don't use very often. I had a gym membership before Covid that I haven't renewed because now I have this machine that Ron and I both use 5 days out of 7 (our rest days.)

I guess it has to do with commitment? Or maybe it's not enough research done before purchase? Way back in the day I almost bought an exercise bike, but because I wasn't sure if it would be the right kind of exercise for me, I got a guest pass to a gym (this was way before my gym membership) and used their equipment to see how it felt. Nope. Exercise bike definitely not for me lol! But I learned what DID work (elliptical) and even though I didn't buy one (way out of my price range) it was a learning experience to try out all the different machines.

Fantastic. I go to a big gym, and I do use many different pieces there. Today it was stairs machine, heavy weight rowing, chest/shoulder press, dumbbells, and walking in circles in their aerobics room while carrying weights.

It took about 4.5 hours to put it together, and in spite of a couple tense moments, we’re still speaking to each other!! 😂

So many pieces!! 🥴

View attachment 178649
View attachment 178650

But it was worth it! It has a very smooth function and will allow us each of us to build muscle where we each need/want it. It’s been a while since I’ve done any lifting so I’m starting slowly…low weight and fewer reps/sets. I’m in no hurry, I’ll slowly build back up.

View attachment 178648
View attachment 178651
Looks great!

Congratulations on your new home gym and being able to put that thing together!! Looks like a nice spot for it too. Enjoy.

Back