We Have Panic Buying Of Gas In Our Area

PANIC buying doesn't describe it. Stupid eating utensils apparently storing gas in plastic bags. These dumb forks are asking of for a world of hurt and pain if that goes bad.

https://kfor.com/news/do-not-fill-p...-commission-warns-drivers-amid-fuel-shortage/

I've lived in hurricane zones where for the first few weeks most stations(that were open )could only offer gas every second or third day. People put in improper container like the blue kerosine cans instead of red gas can. But that was it.

But people, gas goes bad, gas stinks, it's corrosive and and many plastics will be disolved by gas. I thought I've seen it all but gas in plastic bags. NO FREAKING WAY. I even saw a pic of a guy pouring into trash cans.Oh what possibly could wrong with that.

Where is the gas station owner/manager in all this? Gasoline is only to be pumped into approved gasoline containers.

If people would just make sure that their vehicle gas tank was full, and then not drive unnecessarily until the pipeline was open again, it would solve most of the problem. Instead, we are having people storing gasoline in all sorts of unapproved containers , and taking more fuel than they would need for a few days shortage, and this is what is making the problem so bad.

This picture shows someone filling up plastic bags with gasoline, which is about as unsafe as it can get.

View attachment 164727
I saw on the news that some Federal Official said" Don't be stupid, and try to hoard gas". He used the word "stupid"", I thought that was awfully insensitive, "stupid", but it turns out the official was right.

I saw on the news that some Federal Official said" Don't be stupid, and try to hoard gas". He used the word "stupid"", I thought that was awfully insensitive, "stupid", but it turns out the official was right.
Well, yeah. Did anyone see the video of the woman pumping gas into a plastic shopping back and then placing the bag in the trunk? Hell, that car was a moving bomb, in case she didn't realize it.

Back