Weight maintenance is so much harder than it used to be!

My wife had a doctor's appt this morning so I went with her and after they weighed her I asked if I could use their scale and they said OK. I weighed 204.8. This was at about 10am after I had had breakfast and was dressed in my New Balance Walkers, Jean shorts, Tank Top, socks, with my wallet, flip phone, car keys, and a quarter, dime, nickel, and three pennies in my pocket. Then when I got home and stepped on my scale with the same stuff the needle stopped just a shade past the 205 mark. So I feel pretty good about the accuracy of my scale.:)

Did you check for lint balls in your pockets? They tend to add a few pounds just like a camera. 😄

112af8a36a7a118d97d10e560a9bba81.jpg

After my 3rd day of 2500 calories I came in at 202 this morning. That's not good. :(

I hope this is just temporary water weight.

The other day at the Grocery store they had National Hebrew Beef hot dogs on sale. Buy one, get one free. So I got two packages of the Jumbos. 4 big fat hot dogs to a 12 ounce package. 260 calories and 770 milligrams of sodium each. I froze one package and kept the other one down in the frig. I told myself I would ration myself to one a day. And the first day I held the line. But yesterday I had two. So there went 520 of my 2500 calories for the day.

I really should have gotten just one package. At the store I shop at, Publix, if they are having a buy one, get one free sale, and you only buy one, they will still go ahead and only charge you 1/2 price for that one item. You are not required to buy two to get the sale price. I know this, but I was greedy. I do loves me some hot dogs. Once when I was about 8 or 9 years old I ate 12 hot dogs at a cookout for my old man's little league team. But I digress.

I still have one down in the frig, but I'm not going to eat it today. And I'm going to leave that other package in the freezer.

We shall see what tomorrow brings.

After my 3rd day of 2500 calories I came in at 202 this morning. That's not good. :(

I hope this is just temporary water weight.

I promise you I’m not trying to be challenging or passive aggressive or anything else. That said, I’m just very confused. I don’t understand how one can weigh LESS by consuming MORE calories. 🤔

I don’t mean to pry, and I won’t be offended if you tell me it’s none of my business 💕 but you mentioned swimming in comfort food. Are you ok? @Keesha
Haha. Well I didn’t mean literally, like swimming in soup or jello but one at least might be fun. 🥰

I meant I’m relieving my mental discomfort with junk food which truly isn’t a good coping mechanism.

I seriously need to change this. Perhaps I’ll start a smoothie diet for a week just to break this cycle.

It’s so unlike me. I’m not even a latte person. 🤔lol.

A new exercise plan.
Yep! Those two combined.
I’ve got to do this.

Well I found all the weight I lost but I’m currently swimming in comfort food. Last night it was these salted caramel lattes at star bucks while I picked up my saxophone from getting repaired.
View attachment 75948

Wow, that looks good. I need to gain weight and having a hard time doing it...thought it would be easy because it is when you don’t need to gain.

I forgot how high calorie Starbucks drinks are, lol....here I am drinking crappy ensure.

I lost 16 lbs in about a month becasue of anxiety and being sick and also dealing with a sick dog at the same time....I’m here and feeling bettter but trying to gain weight. He’s not and I think that even though I’m better physically....losing Pickles isn’t helping my weight gain.

My appetite is back though and I enjoy buying everything that I would never buy or eat before but I’ve only gained a pound.

I’m 5’3.5 inches and weigh 117 now...when this all started I was 132.

I’ll be happy at 128.

Wow, that looks good. I need to gain weight and having a hard time doing it...thought it would be easy because it is when you don’t need to gain.

I forgot how high calorie Starbucks drinks are, lol....here I am drinking crappy ensure.

I lost 16 lbs in about a month becasue of anxiety and being sick and also dealing with a sick dog at the same time....I’m here and feeling bettter but trying to gain weight. He’s not and I think that even though I’m better physically....losing Pickles isn’t helping my weight gain.

My appetite is back though and I enjoy buying everything that I would never buy or eat before but I’ve only gained a pound.

I’m 5’3.5 inches and weigh 117 now...when this all started I was 132.

I’ll be happy at 128.

Well if you’re looking to gain weight, you’ve come to the right place. Just ask me.

I’m so sorry about Pickles. If I lost one of my girls I’d also be devastated. It’s understandable you’d be losing weight.

Lots of comfort food should help you gain those pounds back. It worked great for me. A bit too good. 😬

Anyway I’ve lost 3.8 pounds once again and plan on keeping it off this time. I’m pumping up my exercise program and am determined to lose at least 20 pounds but would prefer 30.

Good luck to you Cee Cee. I hope you feel better soon.🥰

Back to 200 this morning.

I modified my diet break a little.

What I am going to do is see how many calories a day I can avergae and still maintain 200.

The first 3 days I had 2500.

And my weight went up to 202.

So on day 4 I cut back to 2300 and my weight went down to 201.

Then yesterday, day 5 I cut to 2200 and went down to 200.

So for the 5 days, I'm averaging 2400 a day.

Trade,

If 2,000 calories are too restrictive for you take a look at what makes up your 2,000 calories and begin making some swaps to foods that are higher in fiber and volume but lower in calories. I have an old paperback copy of a book called Volumetrics that goes into detail about the energy density of various foods and I believe that some of the information is available online or do a search on Eat This, Not That to get some ideas.

Good luck!

old-coots-giving-advice-its-probably-bad-advice-but-its-37546292.png

Now I’m at a 4.3 pound weight loss but still a ways to go.

Like you Ronni, I am normally tall and thin.
This gaining weight truly sucks. 🥺

Yesterday I started riding my bicycle and will continue to ride it even in the winter. It has thick knobby tires on it so should probably be fine in the snow for our country roads but I’ll soon find out.

It’s fun adding something new to the my day but my dogs are NOT happy about it in the least. I think they see it as a form of betrayal. Lol

Lately I’ve pumped up my cooking as well. Now that autumn is approaching, it feels natural to want to cook more so I got all my slow cookers out.

Time for some seriously good food loaded with nutrition. Today I’m cooking a full turkey dinner.
Yummm I love turkey. ❤

How are you doing Ronni?

Last edited:
2400 calories yesterday. That was day 6 of my diet break on which I have also averaged 2400 calories per day.

Weight was up a lbs. at 201 this morning. But yesterday I did not have, as Gary calls it, a poop. So hopefully things will loosen up today and that will help on tomorrows weigh in. If not I will have to use one of those glycerin bullets that I have in my medicine cabinet. That will bring back fond childhood memories of my dear old mother shoving those things up my butt when he thought I wasn't pooping enough.

Now I’m at a 4.3 pound weight loss but still a ways to go.

Like you Ronni, I am normally tall and thin.
This gaining weight truly sucks. 🥺

Yesterday I started riding my bicycle and will continue to ride it even in the winter. It has thick knobby tires on it so should probably be fine in the snow for our country roads but I’ll soon find out.

It’s fun adding something new to the my day but my dogs are NOT happy about it in the least. I think they see it as a form of betrayal. Lol

Lately I’ve pumped up my cooking as well. Now that autumn is approaching, it feels natural to want to cook more so I got all my slow cookers out.

Time for some seriously good food loaded with nutrition. Today I’m cooking a full turkey dinner.
Yummm I love turkey. ❤

How are you doing Ronni?
Diet/weight wise I suck, Keesh....but thanks
for asking! 😂

Schedule has been crap due to extra client work plus all the stuff we’re scrambling to get finished at home. So I haven’t been to the grocery store. When I don’t go to the grocery store and have at hand what I need to maintain my diet, I tend to eat what’s available because I have a really hard time with feeling hungry.

I want to get back to the weight loss buddies thread and start posting on that regularly. I need My Buddy!!!😍

Whaddya say @Keesha ... ready to rock and roll again? It sounds like you’re back on track.

Last edited:
Gonna get more seriouser
Bought 2 boxes of raisonets yesterday for after meal sweets
I mean, hey, they're raisons....mostly
Gonna jus' pop two in my mouth after a meal, then coffee
That'll be for the 2nd box
The first one didn't quite make it thru the day

Back